Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Xela M, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Irish-Angel

Irish-Angel Member

2. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

I saw a photo a while back with Caryn Kadavy posing with John Zimmerman, Jason Dungjen, and Peter Tchernyshev. That right there would have put me into a coma if I was so lucky to be the recipient of that one moment in time. That's a heck of a lot of male beauty and sexiness for one woman to comprehend. :grope:

OT for a moment - I just have to get this off of my chest:

Peter and Naomi were one of the teams that helped to start the upward trend of US ice dancing, and Belbin and Agosto followed. It's a shame that they weren't judged fairly during that time because they had USA after their names. They had amazing line, edges and speed, and you could feel the chemistry between the two. I cannot recall if they dated or not -- they were smokin hot on the ice. Whew...that brings back memories that I buried long ago due to the injustice of it all.

3. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Lambiel is a handsome guy.

4. SochiDid

SochiDid Banned Member

He's too effeminate for me.

5. SochiDid

SochiDid Banned Member

I prefer latter-day Urmanov, myself.

6. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

I know it's a matter of taste, but generally Hanyu is considered as a very beautiful boy in Japan. He has an ideal good look that is perfect to become an idol. (I know it's not that everyone agrees with it.;)) And he has the cuteness. Some media say being an OG Medalist with a good look, he is as porpular as an idol, even more popular than an idol now. I heard he is also winning a lot of crazy fan girls in other Asian countries for the same reason.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

Katsalapov yes! Kurt B when he had his hair, that routine Nyah what could have been more sexy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Izl1CA1uA !! (unfortunately no music, copyright issues) Lambiel is my idea of classically handsome and I don't find him effeminate at all.

As for Peter Tchernyshev, I had never heard of him so I took a look. IMO he's kind of like Plushy, drop dead handsome in some pictures and bleh in others. Plush is not really handsome he has an unattractive smile and a big nose but he's hot. I have to say in most of the ones I saw Peter was mostly bleh.

PS. OT IMO women dress to be appreciated/envied by other women, not for men.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Sergei Grinkov
    Anton Sikharulidze (he is very handsome in person)
    Maxim Trankov
    Brian Joubert
    Ilia Kulik
    Alexei Urmanov
    Andrei Bukin
    Nikita Katsalapov
    Peter Tchernyshev
    Yuzuru Hanyu (not sexy yet, but very good looking)
    John Zimmerman
    Charlie White
    Christopher Dean

9. unchat123

unchat123 Active Member

A Chinese friend of mine told me that in Asia, straight "masculine" men look more "feminine" by Western standards because what is perceived as manliness in the West (big muscles, whatnot) suggests "homosexuality" in Asia. Don't know how true this is, but I'm sure that Hanyu registered on a lot of gaydars in North America, while he may not in Japan.

10. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Tchernyshev's features are much better and symmetric than Plushy's.

11. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that they did date for some period of time.

12. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However you do have a point that Peter looked good in some photos as opposed to others, but to me, seeing him up close and personal at US Nationals sold me. He is very attractive up close and on TV, and even lots of rows up from the ice. He may not be photogenic, but he is not bleh. I have never put Plushenko in a good looking or sexy category, no matter what the photo angle or seeing him in person, but I guess that's just me.

13. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

I always put Plush in the ugly category :eek: even though I always loved him as a skater and as a person (much more than Yagudin) but I never thought of him as hot. I thought he looked quite feminine when he was young.

14. Bue

Bue Active Member

I was wondering how long it would be before someone added Plush to the list :lol: All I can say is... no. Just no. (Although I can grudgingly accept that he has a certain confident swagger that might make him very attractive to some people).

15. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

...to blind people ;)

16. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

In the ugly list I would put Takahaski, definitely. and Jason Brown, even if I really like both of them as skaters. But I did not say that Plushy was handsome, on the contrary. But I love his hair -- yes the mullet, and those glacial blue eyes.

17. unchat123

unchat123 Active Member

Whaaaa??? Takahashi is not ugly. The most handsome in the world? No. But hardly ugly.

18. moviechicko_o

moviechicko_o New Member

LOL, yes. Have you seen the biggest stars in KPop? They would be seen too gay to be on RuPaul's Drag Race here, but girls go crazy for them in Asia.

I think Hanyu is just boy-ish, not necessarily effeminate. He just seems like a 12 year old kid to me..

19. gk_891

gk_891 Active Member

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm not into KPop at all (can't stand it!) but it's clear that some of those guys work out like crazy. But like you said, many others look like girly little boys. Ditto with Korean actors in that many look like they really work out hard.

20. moviechicko_o

moviechicko_o New Member

I think Plush goes into the Javier Bardem/Adrien Brody category of guys who if they weren't famous would be seen as totally unattractive, but a mix of personality and fame gives them a sort of 'ugly-hot' status. It's kind of become a thing now, but only afforded to men apparently. You would never see a woman who wasn't conventionally attractive be noticed as a sex symbol.

21. misskarne

misskarne #408

Clearly you haven't looked close enough at those bright blue eyes :swoon:

Nooooo. I object most fiercely. Jason goes on the "adorkable" list.

22. lala

lala Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_STnOk9_EQ this is a declaration of love "Just a sign of love for the man who makes my lifetime a long and beautiful dream........."

Plushenko: Sexy and I know it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlWGX_CfFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHu4cSLAoIA

Plushenko love me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQTb3UPQxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGHFA0LsfM tribute to Plushenko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irAGYrOh4I loo at his face so cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijucQqmu_w8 happy plush day listen to the song :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMmqFr32hGI Plushenko: first time ever I saw your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHhXme967Y Beautiful Russian Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lczu8dHQ4k "Womanizer". look at the last picture! do you think he isn't sexy??

and so on..many women think he is deadly sexy..this is very subjective. and I can show you some very brave messages for him on internet.. you would be surprised :D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  23. yaya124

yaya124 New Member

Plushy's handsome is not in the traditional way. He is more of charming guy than the typical movie star handsome guy. But I have to say, a well dressed clean cut Plushy is strikingly good looking.

Actually for athletes, as long as they are not really ugly, they are all quite attractive when they are competing, if only just for their dedication for the Sports.

satine94 likes this.
  24. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I used to say Plushy bore an unfortunate resemblance to actress Lucy Lee Flippin, best know for playing the baby sister on the short-lived sitcom Flo, which was a spinoff from Alice. Ironically, Lucy was a skater in her younger days. Never thought that Yags was as hot as people give him credit for being. But some unconventional-looking guys can have some appeal like Ben Agosto - he also seems to have a really engaging personality, this helps. So does a great bod.

Most of the best-looking guys IMO seem to be pairs skaters or ice dancers. Maybe because they have beefier physiques than singles skaters. Unless it's Brian Joubert. I'd have to give him props for his looks. Same with Fedor Andreev, Robin Szolkowy, Yannick Bonheur (mad for him), and a young Artur Dmitriev. Petr Tchernyshev (sp?), Maxim Staviski, David Pelletier Kevin Van Der Perren was adorable in his 20s, but to my eyes, he's hit a wall, seriously.

skateboy and (deleted member) like this.
  25. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

Plushy is definitely Adrien Brody type !!
    Hanyu is like a little puppy, something cuddly that you want to protect but certainly not handsome. Very girlish, probably will change greatly with age. I also don't like his costumes -- full of ruffles that flutter in the wind. The only Asian guy I can think of that I would call handsome is the Korean (I think) actor in "Lost". Can't remember his name. I prefer tall, lean guys to overly muscular ones. bulging biceps covered in tattoos are not my idea of sexy. If you ran into Plush on the street dressed in jeans and a polo, you would never even take him for an athlete. (tattoos apart...)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  26. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

Daniel Dae Kim? Epitome of a butterface, or but-his-face. That's the only Asian man you can call handsome? :lol:

27. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

No you didn't put "Dork Chic" Jason Brown in the ugly category! He's so adorable that he actually has become handsome in my eyes. :lol:

28. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

29. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

Sergei Grinkov
    Brian Joubert
    Stephane Lambiel

Yagudin was sexy but not gorgeous

30. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

Whew! I don't know...I think she has Plushy beat in the not so handsome category. :eek:

satine94 likes this.