Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Xela M, Mar 29, 2014.

1. newbatgirl

newbatgirl Well-Known Member

He is very handsome and it's hilarious to think that someone thought she might not be pretty enough because I think of her as such a superstar. I have her on quite a bit of a pedestal in my head! :)

2. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 Member

Oh please! This a lighthearted thread and those are such sweeping statements. I thankfully live in a culture where my body is NOT public property, and to say men are not judged by their physical attractiveness ignores how men are depicted in today's film, TV & advertising. It also ignores history in general. Just find some images from the 16/17th centuries & you'll see how men often dressed even more ornately than women - often to accentuate their -- assets.

3. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

It had a lot to do with her teeth, IIRC, which let's face it...was pretty bad before she got braces. I haven't read the book in a long time, but I do recall that Zhao was the golden boy of Chinese figure skating and they wanted to make sure they had the perfect partner for him. And I agree, she's a total superstar and was the stronger skater of the two, especially later in their career.

4. unchat123

unchat123 Active Member

You've never been catcalled? Not even once in your entire life?
    Plus I was responding to an earlier poster who wondered why women are scantily clad in figure skating while men aren't.

5. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

Morgan Cipres and Matteo Guarise are my reward for catching the middle pack of the pair competition.

Nikita Katsalopov is also really hot. Josh Farris among the Americans

6. apatinar

apatinar Active Member

Alexander Smirnov for sure!

7. Bue

Bue Active Member

Very handsome, indeed. And he is aging well! Shen is pretty too, it was just that the teeth were very distracting. Their daughter will be a looker! (And maybe a great skater as well?)

8. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

Sergei Grinkov, Andrew Poje, John Zimmerman, Fedor Andreev, Nikita Katsalapov

9. annie_mg

annie_mg Active Member

Really? I don't think so at all!

10. Allegra

Allegra New Member

Nikita Katsalapov - young but already handsome. In a few years he´ll be the hottest guy in town.

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl: I knew it wasn't me...I think he let Tanith Belbin do them...she was rockin' some chola brows there for a while.

12. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Platov or Naumov? I think the latter has aged better than the former.

13. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

14. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

Evgeni Platov was gorgeous in his prime and I had a huge thing for him back in the day. He hasn't aged well and I was shocked when I saw him recently at Worlds.

Alex Shibutani is hot and sexy! Tall, broad shoulders and chest, fabulous posture and a wonderful personality. Can't go wrong there.

15. hippychick

hippychick Member

I think of the US pairs men, Andrew Speroff is quite handsome

16. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm thinking some other Russian ice dancer or pairs skater turned coach. I get them all confused.

17. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

Could the Russian guy you're thinking about be Peter Tchernychev who skated with Naomi Laing for the US? He's now coaching and is still hotter than an egg frying on the pavement on a sunny, 100 + degree day in Tucson, Arizona! :smokin:

18. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

Yes! :EVILLE:

19. unchat123

unchat123 Active Member

Tchernyshev looks like Francois Arnaud in the Borgias.

20. Allegra

Allegra New Member

Wasn´t he backstage with Sotnikova at the Olympics? If that was him he is :smokin:

21. Xela M

Xela M Active Member

Me too! Which is why I always found it so bemusing (confusing) that both Grishuk and Usova claimed he hit on them and they both rejected him :confused:

22. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Fedor Andreev

23. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

Yes, that's Peter T! :swoon: He alone turned me on to US ice dancing during his competition years.

24. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Nan Song, Morgan Cipres, Peter Liebers, Nikita Katsalapov, Rockne Brubaker, Zach Donohue

25. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

Ooohhh Rockne...I forgot about him. He has rugged good looks and is extremely masculine.

26. stevlin

stevlin Member

Andrew Poje is super hot. Also Vaughn Chipeur of Canada and Jeffrey Buttle adorable.

27. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Definitely Nikita Katsalapov. A few weeks ago I saw a dude in a bar who could have been his twin. He stood next to us for some time (it was really crowded) to get himself and his friends a few drinks and I really thought: "What the hell is Nikita Katsalapov doing in a German students' bar?!" :lol:

I had a huge crush on (almost) the whole lost generation of talented Russian male skaters. Alexander Uspenski for example was soooo handsome.

Peter Tchernyshev :swoon:

Other honorable mentions: Maxim Trankov, Charlie White, Brian Joubert, Ivan Bukin

28. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

I uploaded a Fernandez video on my Facebook feed once, And like 50 of my gay friends went crazy

29. gk_891

gk_891 Active Member

The 3 that come to mind for me are Evgeni Platov, Ingo Steuer, and Mirko Muller

30. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

Brian Joubert
    Stephan Lambiel
    John Zimmerman