1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Xela M, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Well, she did some blogging during the World Cup I think and did it so badly and wrote such stupid stuff that everyone just made fun of her in Germany and there was a shitstorm going on^^

2. cocotaffy

cocotaffy Well-Known Member

Don't get it either, she looks lovely in those wedding pictures.

3. Jeschke

Jeschke #teamtrainwreck #teamschott

Jealous bit***s :smokin:

barbarafan likes this.
  4. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

That remains her only positive trait.

Dolore likes this.
  5. Dolore

Dolore Active Member

His wife is very unpopular in Germany because she comes across as rather dumb and shallow. She made a fool of herself on various occasions.
    It doesn't help that she has the Image of a gold digger who is trying to use her husband to become famous. The only reason she's in the public in the first place is because of her husband, she doesn't have a job and hasn't shown any real talent of her own, yet.
    She was on Dancing With The Stars last year but was voted out in the first episode.

She and Mats seem like a very odd couple because he seems to to be quite smart and well spoken while she looks like the complete opposite.

sus2850 and Moka-Ananas like this.
  6. cocotaffy

Ok, was not aware of that. Sucks for him but at the same time he chose her, I guess love can really make you blind.

7. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I still remember their wedding. So much went wrong there. Even a car accident IIRC. The universe tried to send soooo many messages to Mats Hummels...but alas...

Xela M and Dolore like this.
  8. Xela M

Xela M Well-Known Member

Meh... Hummels is too much of a nice guy for me.

As a Bayern Munich fan, the not-so-pretty, but oh-so-bad Mario Basler was my first football love. If he had been a skater, he would have been leading team #trainwreck. An absolute genius of a player who put the D R A M and A in drama! He had the talent to be the best in world, but in true trainwreck fashion managed to find the most excruciating and creative ways to fail spectacularly and in the most heartbreaking of fashions. And his off the pitch antics were so spectacular the club had to hire private detectives to follow him around.

The 1999 Champions League final against Man United remains my most painful sports memory ever :(

They don't make them like Mario any more ( http://www.tz-online.de/bilder/2009/11/09/522916/532886942-mario-basler.9.jpg )

9. gk_891

gk_891 Well-Known Member

I remember that final against Man United. I wasn't rooting for either team but that had to have been very heartbreaking for Bayern to have lost it after leading throughout almost all of that match. But luckily for them, I think they won it a year or two later.

One German soccer player who I thought was nice looking was Arne Friedrich. I think he was part of the German squad in 2006 and 2010.

10. Xela M

Xela M Well-Known Member

Yes, Bayern won again, but Mario Basler (who scored Bayern's only goal and played phenomenally in that 1999 final) never won a major tournament in his career. He was offered (and drunkenly rejected) a lifetime contract with Bayern only to be kicked off the team a few months later. True #trainwreck fashion. Tears (SO many tears!) heartbreak and so much wasted genius

gk_891 likes this.
  11. misskarne

misskarne #408

Why are we talking about a bunch of overpaid prima-donna diva-diving actors (whoops, sorry, soccer players) in a thread about the most handsome men in figure skating? You know, an actual real sport?

PeterG and Xela M like this.
  12. Xela M

Xela M Well-Known Member

Haha, fair point well made :D

Soccer is probably the easiest sport on earth with the laziest and highest paid athletes. But *sigh* I still love it

13. cocotaffy

Just to branch out a little and avoid turning in circles I guess. What are your favorite figure skating hotties ?

14. Dolore

Dolore Active Member

No, that would be golf :lol:

Meoima, quartz, Xela M and 1 other person like this.
  15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:lol: Now you've got me thinking out the dramatic fit a soccer player could throw after taking a fall on the ice! :D

cocotaffy, misskarne and alilou like this.