Most disliked coach.

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by OrioleBeagle, May 1, 2011.

1. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

Who do you dislike more- Tom Z or Morozov. (Or is there another coach out there more worthy of contempt?)

2. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Mishin? :confused: Well, I respect him, but I'm always under the impression he's not well liked here.

Who's Tom Z.?

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Tom Zakrajsek, Flatt's coach.

4. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I don't think I can say I dislike anyone ! After all, I don't know personnally any of those coaches. And I respect all of them for their abilities.
    But really, I don't share the vision of this sport of Mishin and Morozov. ;)

5. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Thanks for the information! :respec:

Flatt's coach? While I agree she's not exactly the most pleasant thing on ice to watch, I don't get the despise. Must be US internal, I guess.

6. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Damn, I thought it was Brian Orser! Ooops...that's only in certain threads -- pardon me!

7. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

The most disliked coach here probably is indeed Morozov.
    Shpilband/Zueva aren't also that loved.

8. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

I get the impression from some that Mishin's name is practically a filthy word...

Must be a bunch of people jealous at the amazing skaters he's trained! :lol:

9. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Or perhaps we don't find those skaters all that amazing. My issue with Mishin is every single one of his skaters has horrible choreography and costumes. I'll agree he's a great coach when it comes to jumps.

There are so words to describe what I think of Tom Z. right now.

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  10. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I don't think Tom Z. is so bad. Joanne McLeod is also widely disliked.

11. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Robin Wagner hasn't gotten much love here either.

12. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get the point of this thread. Why are these coaches worthy of contempt? The only reason you even know their names is because they have had many successful skaters. Very few coaches have a skater go to Nationals, let alone more than one.

skateboy and (deleted member) like this.
  13. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

No matter the situation, the 'you're just jealous' argument requires no thought whatsoever and is an easy way out of actually thinking up logical reasons. It also never holds any water. I hate, hate, hate this stupid, cliche line.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Judy

Judy New Member

I don't think his style fits in with the the new system that was obvious with Plushenko. I don't know what he was like personally but I always thought he looked like a little mean man!! lol

15. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Tom Z. Morozov's creepy but his students are really talented jumpers and for the most part quite consistent. Got to give him credit where credit is due. Tom Z on the other hand, produces a lot of slow, generic skaters, a lot of whom are inconsistent. Agnes needs to leave Tom Z ASAP, she has so much potential but I fear it won't amount to anything if she stays with him.

16. dupagegal

dupagegal New Member

Before this Flatt issue many of us have had bad experiences with Tommy Boy.
    Tom Z is an arrogant egotist who thinks he is better than everyone else. Many a competitor or coach has experienced the cold shoulder and all the unnecessary mind games during the warm up’s before competitions. He is just an ass. So is his stone faced side kick Becky.

17. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Personally I hate Zhulin, mostly for wasting that great Delobel-and-Schoenfelder-kind-of-class material Nathalie and Fabian used to be under Zazoui.

Morozov isn't exactly my favourite guy either.

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Or much therapy, it seems. I vote for her. That 04 Worlds fluff piece of her talking to Sasha Cohen, "YOU LOOK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY TODAY", like she was a goddamned Pomeranian on her lap. I was waiting for her to rub Sasha' belly and give her a Milk Bone :scream:.

19. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Whilst I don't particularly like what Mishin does for his skaters in terms of the choreography of the programs, I do think he is a funny man and a really character of the sport.

Morozov I think gets the most amount of ragging here.

20. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

Must say I wish Mishin's students would work with some different choreographers :slinkaway

21. bek

bek Guest

Yeah. I frankly don't get it there. Mishin is obviously an amazing technical coach. But the man should realize that even if HE doesn't care for the PCS/ARTISTIC side in this sport that its in his students best interests to have the best choregraphy possible. Seriously

22. senorita

senorita New Member

^ this 100%.

Whenever I have spoken to Mishin he is always funny and friendly, interesting to talk and the man scientifically is a genious.

23. viv

viv New Member

Well, as the question was whom "we" dislike, I think it's Orser for me. There must be a reason why he was left by his two best students, and I don't think that he has brought up the best in Adam Rippon. (Especially thinking hat he didn't even do the coreography.)

24. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Well, it works for his students. See Gachinski at Worlds, he has same PCS as others with choreo. (Oooops, again, the debate about choreo, transition, and wuzrobbing !) ;)

25. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

In the US right now, Tom Z by a landslide. First, he "encouraged" Joshua Farris to skate the free at Nationals knowing that Joshua was badly injured and unable to take pain meds. Second, he failed to inform USFS and Team Mirai of Rachel's status for Worlds.

As for the most slimy, Morozov. As for the least imaginative, Mishin.

26. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:( I thought that this would be a poll ... was poised to vote "all of the above"

(so much ruined talent over the years via bad coaching)

Poggi and (deleted member) like this.
  27. pinky33

pinky33 New Member

I could not agree more! Seems like the better you and your skaters do the more you are hated! So bring on the hate and see it as a compliment!;)

28. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I vote for whoever taught Caroline Zhang how to jump. :yikes: It's really concerning watching her vault off the ice, and I wonder what kind of problems and pain she's going to face when she gets older for years of the hammer toe lutzes and corkscrew loops. What kind of coach lets a skater get by with that kind of technique?

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  29. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Although Moronsov is a slimeball, he does seem to work well with his students, and is able to get the best out of them in what seems to be a positive way (by even the reports of students who have left him). Tom Z, however, and his seeming to bully a child into competing injured/ill/tired and causing him greater injury, then basically telling him in the K&C to suck it up, smile and wave, comes across as a sociopath.

Mishin always struck me as a bit of a dirty old man...

30. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

^This.

I couldn't stand his smug little mug before this incident, and I like it even less now. :mad: