Morosov and Ando to marry

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Nikki Lee, May 11, 2011.

1. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

Actually it brought them to Linichuk, who had them for years before TAT did.

2. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Ok, I'm going to skip reading everything and make a guess as to what's been said?

EWW.

3. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

No lie, but when I read the title of this thread I had the exact same reaction you and victoriaheidi did AxelAnnie.

:rofl:

4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I wish she would get away , but I don't know if she will, now.

I think he's been acting as creepy with Amodio in the K'nC , as he has with Miki for the last few years....:(..( it's most noticeable if you get to watch the livefeed )

5. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Let's say Ando and Morozov are getting married.
    It would be odd that Ando had been crying for personal reasons for the entire week worlds took place, considering she was in love and soon to be wife.
    You'd think that would cheer her up a little, whatever she was crying for.

6. millipied

millipied New Member

In Japan, they cry.;)

7. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

And in countries around the world, people cry when their favorite skaters go to Morozov:p

8. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

:lol: Zillion depression :scream:

9. Nan

Nan Just me

OMG! I cry, does that mean I'm Japanese??

after all these years...good to know

10. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Well, if her dog died during Worlds, that would explain the crying.

11. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

At least they provide FS with the requisite drama. That is the problem with all the skater babies becoming champions they skate and they? Not much else.

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

:rofl: I think this is my favorite scandal of all time :rofl:

13. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Well-Known Member

Even though I was practically newborn at the time, I really do miss the 90's.

Finnice and (deleted member) like this.
  14. sadya

sadya Active Member

Now I remember why I stopped watching soaps when I discovered figure skating. With figure skating you get sports and arts and soapdrama all in one.

15. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

This is really off topic, but does anyone know why Platov dumped Grishuk after the Olympics? At one time he stood up for her when Dubova tried to send her back to Russia, and find him another partner (as punishment for upsetting Usova).

16. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Ditto. Everything I remember/hear about 90s skating was full of DRA-MA. :lol:

17. sadya

sadya Active Member

I once heard or read an interview of him saying she was driving him crazy, he had had it. Apparently training with her wasn't always nice. I can't confirm anything I'm writing here. Anyway, I liked their skating but also enjoyed both of them with other partners.

To be honest, even though I enjoy their skating a lot, I don't think I'd personally enjoy their company from what I've heard and read from and about them. But then again, one can never really judge without knowing people personally, so I could be completely wrong.

18. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I don't know who dumped whom but the whole final season Grishuk was always talking about how she was going to focus on her Hollywood career (lol) and was generally being a diva/pain in the ass. They did COI after the Olympics (I got to see them live before the split :inavoid:) and then they were done. Makes sense to me that he would fight to keep her as a competitive partner but would not feel it was worth it just to skate in shows.

I thought Grishuk & Zhulin started skating together professionally first and then Usova & Platov teamed up.

And as a bit of trivia, during their times apart, Grishuk apparently had a try out with Peter Tchernyshev and Platov with Tatiana Navka (who eventually started skating with Morozov which brings us back on topic ;)).

19. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

You're obviously not familiar with Annia Hatch (2004 Olympic Team and Vault Silver Medallist for the USA).

20. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I think Platov dumped Grishuk after the Champions on Ice tour in 1998. I seem to recall some major :drama: that he left her a voicemail or something like that telling her that they were finished. I also remember there being a mention of it in Time magazine. :rofl:

I don't think any drama in the world of skating can even come close to the Grishuk/Platov/Usova/Zhulin years. The stories were just incredible/ridiculous - the wine incident at Spago, Grishuk wearing Zhulin's wedding ring on a chain around her neck, the partner switching - and so over the top that I don't know how anybody could have scripted anything better. :lol:

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  21. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

If true, my sincerest condolences to the now happy couple.

Moka-Ananas and (deleted member) like this.
  22. fan

fan Active Member

do tell...:watch:

23. Clytie

Clytie New Member

I thought the incident at Spago's was soup related. Maia saw Oksana with Zhulin's wedding ring on a chain around her neck. She became angry and slammed her head into the soup. Why she cared so much I will never know.

I also remember watching some US show (ie. gossip) were Platov said something like Pasha only gave him credit for something like 20% of their success. And apparently she said it to his face. I am sure he had enough. He had multiple medals with her. Maybe he figured he did'nt need more.

As for aging well - I think Maia has done that the best. Has anyone heard anything about her and her baby. I was surprised she had one at such an advanced age.

And to keep on topic. I saw an interview with Miki at the gala done by CBC. She was in tears going on about Morozov. I believe she even said he gave her a life. Obviously she is very in love with him. Or at least that is my opinion. Based on his track record I am not optimistic. But since she seems like a lovely person I do hope for the best.

24. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

This is so not what I wanted to see my first time on FSU in just about a week.

Ew...Ew...Ewwwww!!!

Run Miki...RUN!!!

Too lovely a lady and too good for that gutter slimeball. Sigh... :(

25. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

According to TAT's book by 1998 they a kind of hated each other.

26. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

Sorry to continue the off-topic, but the story was that Usova was so enraged with Grishuk by the L.A. stop of the COI tour (I think because of the wedding rings on the necklace :lol:) that she threw a glass of red wine in Grishuk's face in Spago.

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Ohhh, do share some tidbits from the book... I heard she goes on about Pasha being crazy.

28. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I think that you are conflating the Grishuk/Platov split with the Ina/Dungjen pairs split, which occurred during the COI tour after the Nagano Olympics. Kyoko was the one who left a voicemail for Jason, telling him that they were finished.
    Another old report, with snarkage and even larger monetary loss for Jason because of the break-up.
    I'm glad that Jason's story has a happy ending with his marriage and coaching career with Yuka.

That's pretty much what I remember hearing, except the drink wasn't specified.

29. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Well-Known Member

I quite enjoy Maya Usova, on so many levels. :watch:

30. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the voicemail part. :) Although, honestly, with that whole saga, it's hard to keep the story straight anyway, because now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Usova slapped Grishuk too. :lol: And I think I was confusing the voicemail with the attempts from Platov to call her discussed in this Time article: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988836,00.html

ETA: here is an old interview with Grishuk that gives her side of the events: http://www.pashagrishuk.org/1info/pressasw.html