More Tricks than A Hooker: The Fashion Show, the Iman Edition

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Oh my. This has epic FAIL written all over it. I cannot wait to see what noxious fashions (and attitudes) these people bring. So far, we have one that doesn't believe in seams and lines, one that likes the "80s in space," and then there's Iman, who has I-am-a-scary-crazy-beyotch-fear-me-plebes written all over her.

This show fills me with snarky glee, and it's only been on for ten minutes. :cheer2:
  2. tlk

tlk Active Member

It shows potential! Is the producer going to be the Tim-equivalent?
  3. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

Holy crap Emerald Syx's collection was such shite. :rofl:

Nami was better. And Cesar's dress is :swoon:
  4. Matryeshka

I love Iman--she smacks them down fast. I love her business-like viciousness, and I like the concept. Now, if they could just get rid of creepy Isaac. And unlike PR, they got the winning team right.
  5. PrincessLeppard

Yes, they totally got the winner correct. But yet again, the one who brings the drama gets to stay even though he deserved to be aufed.

JOHNNY WEIR!!!!!! :cheer2:
  6. Matryeshka

After watching the boringness that was PR, I'm glad they kept Calvin. Francine deserved to be in the bottom two, and she was dull, so I'm glad she was auffed. I'll bet Iman would have voted for Mondo and kicked Michael Kors' ass until he agreed.

I'm pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this episode--it looked so fresh compared to PR this past season. I'm glad Bravo thought of a way to reinvent this show without making it another bad copy of PR.
    tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I liked how they encouraged them to put on a show. Iman would rather go naked than wear Gretchen's malaise wear. Plus the graphics at the back of the catwalk were very NKH K & C 2009.
  8. PrincessLeppard

Iman would've smacked Gretchen down. Hard. I would pay to watch that.
  9. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Iman is super skary. "Gretchen. I've warned you before about your drab, depressing point of view as a designer. Your final collection did NOT MEASURE UP. Leave the runway, NOW, before I kill you with my bare hands for offending my eyes with those hideous garments."
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
    Matryeshka and (deleted member) like this.
  10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Calvin's attitude is awful.
    His ego makes Gretchen seem modest!

His dress was way too OTT.
    Eventually, he'll say somiething that will upset Iman, and be gone.
    He won't know whar hit him.
  11. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Is it sick and wrong I want that on Pay-Per-View?

(And does anyone else feel like Iman would come hurt them for calling it 'aufing' therebye indirectly implying she's aping Heidi Klum?)
  12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

LOVED IT! Entertaining, potentially a good casting job, and -- cough cough Project Runway Season 8 -- they got both the winner and the loser correct.

César seems to be such a sweetheart, genuinely helpful to his Housemates, and confident but not arrogant. Made me :fragile: when he spoke of losing his lover [to AIDS related complications?]. Made me :) when he deservedly won the challenge.

I :swoon: all six House of Nami designs. And none of the other team's. (Speaking of the other team, pompadour boy's "signature" unisex ensemble was an unmitigated, glorioius trainwreck.)

David is a cutie, and also seems sweet. And I like the two gals who own their business together ("Goci", was it?)

:lol: Picturing fierce Iman in one of Gretchen's sad brown frocks.

And then :rofl: picturing Iman smacking down any one of Gretchen's or Ivy's petulant runway "explanations".
  13. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Kind of interesting that Mizrahi was creative director at Liz Claiborne and Tim Gunn is CEO at LC. The line Mizrahi designed tanked and that division is now only sold on TV. I have read that Tim Gunn is trying to revive the LC brand. But Liz Claiborne, as a corporation, still seems strong, they own or own controlling interest in so many brands that continue to do well, including the grossly over priced and poorly made Juicy Couture.

I like Mizrahi, as a judge, better than Michael Kors. Kors is far more successful as a designer, but he's also more self involved and annoying. Iman is great, but I fear her scary will get old, fast.
  14. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Wow, it was absolutely Team Gallant vs. Team Goofus, in both skill and taste level and personality. I do like that they have each team develop a show each week, as well as the individual fashions.

Iman is 55. Can you believe it?!? Isaac obviously realizes he can't be the diva this year so he is moving to a more mentor-like role. He's no Tim, but it's better than the role he played last year.

I am sort of dreading the Bravo crossover episodes....I mean, Rachel Zoe makes sense, but the housewives? God, please somebody put an end to those blecherous shows.
  15. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I hope they are showing lots of repeats - I missed it and I want to watch.
  16. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Iman was the best thing about the show. Otherwise, it was almost as awful as all of last year's episodes of this show.
  17. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

His partner died of colon cancer.
  18. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:( Just as horrific a way to go.
  19. Ares

Ares Guest

Love Iman. Seeing her reminded me to look for season 3 of PR Canada, only to be shocked that it was cancelled after season 2. :wuzrobbed That was a really good show.(even if their season 1 choice of winner was wrong :p)
  20. Civic

Civic New Member

Speaking of Iman...is she still married to David Bowie?
  21. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Yes, she is.
  22. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl: And they tried to say that this woman was discovered tending sheep in Somalia...NOW I know why I never bought that lie from the outset!
  23. Matryeshka

You see these bodies, designers, if you upset me, I will make you look like this.

With my teeth.
  24. PrincessLeppard

Crap! I forgot this was on!
  25. PrincessLeppard

Did that one "reversible" outfit just reverse to....the same color?
  26. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Oh, I could believe it--if YOU were a jackal or a hyena or some other predator, would YOU dare raid a flock Iman was guarding? Heck no. She would just use her death glare to kill you and make your hide into a very chic wrap.
  27. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Oh my, :cold: I'm not sure if it's a good thing that the Mike guy is back out on the streets ... back to full-time on his :sekret: pet projects, which I'm convinced includes a sun dress design made of human skin.

So :p is César:

1) gallant and selfless in volunteering to switch over to the Loser House ... or

2) sneaky and sage in avoiding ever having to work with :wall: Calvin?
  28. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

I think it's definitely that one. He looked relieved to be away from Calvin...as anyone should be.
  29. mila19

mila19 New Member

OT but "More tricks than a hooker" is all kind of awesomeness of a title. Matry, I applaud you.
    I thought Iman was the daughter of a diplomat, would not imagine any sheep involved either than those slaughtered for the Bajram :eek:)
  30. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I read that Iman was discovered at while studying at a university in Nairobi. Maybe she majored in zoology?
  31. Matryeshka

Seeing Iman standing in front of a giant fortune cookie vagina would scare the shit out of me. Calvin does not have Mondo's sense of style. And if you're a dude, try to walk in heels, and FAIL, you should be forced to be in the Fetal Position of Shame for at least a year.
  32. PrincessLeppard

Why can I never remember that this is on???
  33. PrincessLeppard

Calvin's skirt is kind of cool, but good Lord, it doesn't move well at all. :yikes:
  34. Matryeshka

I will have nightmares in plaid tonight. Somewhere, Nirvana has death in their souls and don't know why.
  35. PrincessLeppard

(((Dave Grohl))))
  36. PrincessLeppard

I hope his grandmother has better taste than that.

I'm going to hell for that.

And what was awkward girl with the crush going on about?????
  37. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I think both houses missed the mark this week. To me, "femme fatale" says "sexy but dangerous" and I didn't see that in anyone's dresses. Meh.
  38. cruisin

I loved Calvin's skirt! I would absolutely wear that. Probably the only piece, so far, that I would actually wear, though there have been other things that I liked. And I hate to say it because Calvin is so annoying. the top was over done and didn't work with the skirt. But I WANT that skirt.
  39. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

You're on last week's episode, methinks. (And, yes, it was a bad week!)

Enjoyed last night's eppy, and thought that all of HoEmerald's looks were quite cool. Especially Cesar's first design.

:drama: Dominique imploring David to not throw in the towel. Made me squirm, considering that the two had known each other just a week or so and are just in the flirting stage ... but also found it kind've "awww, how sweet".

Eduardo has become my slight crush :) ... seems like such a sweetheart, and I love his eyes.
  40. cruisin

Yes, I really liked Cesar's first design as well. The second one looked like a big kite :lol: