Moore-Towers // Moscovitch

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ice.dance.girl, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

Can they win nationals?? After tonight's performance and the score I was wondering if they could win nationals....I really like the team and I think they have great potential plus Dube/Davison are out. What do you guys think about the team?

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

You're not going to like my response :lol:

I think she's the most annoying skater out in the GP this season. Every skater who grated me before, somehow annoys me less now. Someone slap the perkiness out of her, please.

D/D cannot come back soon enough. :scream: I am completely blind as to the love the judges are pouring on this team. Their line, skating skills, stretch and choreography leave so much to be desired.

That said, I have no doubt they'll win their Nationals. Ugh.

3. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I saw Dylan skate with his sister at the Vancouver Nats and really enjoyed them despite the difficulties/danger of her being too tall. So I was glad to see he'd found a new partner.

I really enjoy them and hope they keep growing and improving because for a team who have not been skating together all that long - they are doing very well IMO.

For Nats - I think they have a very good chance of winning. At Skate Canada everyone was curious which of the pairs would do the best and put themselves at the front of the pack since many saw the 3 as being on pretty equal ground. Now their short tonight - puts them another step ahead.

4. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

Short answer - yes, they can win with Dube/Davison out.

Their competition should be Duhamel/Radford, Lawrence/Swiegers and Brodeur/Mattatall. Of these four teams, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch seem to be the most consistent. That may change by nationals, by right now I think they have to be the favourites for gold. To me their most probable challengers are Duhamel/Radford, but only if that team starts hitting all their elements consistently.

5. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I might be in the minority, but I just love this team. She radiates exuberance and joy and he is so steady and confident. Yes, I think they can and will win Canadian Nationals.

6. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

I'll join your minority, Jenna. I really like this team, they have me hook, line, and sinker with both their programs. I love skaters that give you that happy feeling and you want to watch their programs over and over. I hope they have a clean FS at Skate America, I'd love to see them medal there, too. I think they have a very good chance of winning their Nationals this year.

7. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I don't think the fans are in the minority. I think they are adoooorable.

8. The Accordion

I'm going out on a limb here but I am going to say I think we may not be in the minority in real life - just in FSUland!

9. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I'm a Moore-Towers/Moscovitch fan too!!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

Of course they can win Nationals. Who else is going to win it with Dube & Davison out?

I have mixed feelings about this team. Their programs are definitely better than last season and I like her personality on the ice... I also like how aggressive they are on the technical elements. On the other hand, I agree with oleada that their lack of stretch, polish, good choreography, etc, leaves a lot to be desired. But I don't think the judges have poured that much love on this team... They are skating well, but aren't scoring abnormally high... It's just that the fields have been so watered down that you don't have to score that high to place well.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  11. Geh

Geh Live in Guardian Angel

I also like this team! They seems to love figure skating and have fun on the ice!

12. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I saw them last year at Skate Canada and they stood out from everyone else. Yes, she's perky (after talking with her, it's part of her personality which is charming). Dillon is somewhat of a "cutup", and they display a joy of skating that is wonderful to see. They connect well, and they project well in person. The were a quite rough around the edges, but have improved this year as I think most will see in their long program. I really like this team and think they could win Nationals even with Jess and Bryce to compete against...........(so sad about Bryce's injury :()

13. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Probably. But I'd rather see Megan and Eric take it.

14. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Me, too! That would be great!

:cheer2:

15. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

For those who have not seen them live, do not underestimate their power to sweep an audience off its feet - and maybe bring a judging panel with them.

16. poths

poths Well-Known Member

I was so :cheer: to hear Langois retired, then comes this double barrelled, double perked bimbo to make Langois look original and talented. What is WRONG with Canadian Pairs and extremely dated, uninspiring, false, over-sugared tripe???

Also, Zorba the fcking Greek?

Mind you - The there are only about 4/5 pairs in the world right now worth any attention.

allezfred and (deleted member) like this.
  17. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

I love KMT and Dylan, their lifts are just incredible, they're both strong jumpers and I also enjoy their natural way of performing. They're definitely loved by the audience because you can just feel how much fun they're having during their programs and both of them are really nice people off the ice as well. I'm hoping for another great skate tonight!!!!

18. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Note: it's gonna be the same scenario which Canada used with S/P. I won't be surprised if MT/M will win Worlds in a couple of years.

19. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

EXACTLY! I think you hit the nail on the head with this one...they are scoring well, but not abnormally high and well deserved for their technical elements and skating well, and yes, they do need to work on their stretch, extension, etc. which is reflected rightfully in the PCS so far.

Key point is, what other pairs teams really out there deserve higher scores? I can think of two (P/T and S/S), perhaps and maybe a couple others WHEN they skate well, which some of them haven't.

20. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I agree, being fast doesn't mean you have good skating skills. They have a lot of work to do to compete with the best of the world when they are all competing at the best of their level. Its easy to win your nationals when there is not much competition. I hope they take advantage of the love because they may not get it at worlds next year...only time will tell.

21. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

What's even funnier is the implication that they can win Canadian Nationals only because Dube/Davison will not be there. Um, when is the last time Jessica/Bryce skated well without many major mistakes? I'm thinking that was 2008 Worlds. They are far from being steady competitors and are not the invincible Canadian team some are making them out to be. If M-T/M stay on the path they're on and continue to improve and build up their consistency, they can very well establish themselves as the #1 Canadian pairs team internationally. Not saying that will happen, but it looks like it can. Jessica/Bryce have not been getting the job done technically for a while now and when you combine that with the fact that they are always constantly injury-prone, I really question how much longer the international judges are going to accept that.

22. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

That's an interesting point, which made me go back to my list of scores to see how well Dube/Davison actually did in the short program last season. The short answer is - acceptably, but not great.

Their short program scores in competition were TEB 64.54; Skate Canada 57.90; Canadians 62.87; Olympics 65.36; Worlds 59.36. That's an average of about 62 points, which is not that different from what M-T/M are now achieving internationally.

23. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Internationally achieved. As in once! Their first time over 55 I believe and it is Skate America.

The emptiest GP of the year.

24. The Accordion

This!

It is so nice to see someone look as if they love to skate!

And they are a new pair making the most of their strengths. What is so wrong with that? Not everyone can be Gordeeva and Grinkov. Not right away - for most not ever.

They went to Mark Pillay for choreo - so it seems they are looking to improve and grow in that area. Maybe they will continue to improve or maybe they won't. I plan to appreciate what they do well - and get enjoyment from that.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  25. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

I think they are an interesting team.. the perk isn't fake - she is actually like that in real life so unlike some of the teams out their faking the perk her's is sincere and when you see them live it really is quite different to the T.V. so I can understand the Judge love.. because their joy of skating is infectious..

Technically they are both good single skaters, he is a good pairs skater - she has only been doing pairs a few years so she is improving quickly - even from last year she has improved and obviously has taken heed of FSU and has gone to the ballet studio because her positions have actually improved - and remembering how Joannie at that stage was really limited in her flexibility (remember her spirals and laybacks) - I hold hope out for kristen that she will continue her improvements because you can still become more flexible even after puberty!

I think the FSU hate for them is interesting - not unlike D&D hate (yes you know who I mean) and that alone makes me think they will become even better :lol: plus they are Canadian so that's even better ;)

:respec:

26. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

That is another huge difference between them and Dube/Davison. When is the last time we saw Jessica and Bryce skate with joy? I've questioned their love for skating for a while now, granted they have been through a lot.

27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Real perk is almost as annoying as fake perk! :p

28. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's real or fake perk, it's annoying. :p

29. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thank God it's not annoying to everyone. Frankly I like to watch skaters who enjoy what they're doing than someone with that "deer in the headlights" look, or in the case of a pair who have since broken up, pure dislike of what they are doing.

They enjoy what they are doing, these two, and it shows, and they are continuing to improve, and if they stay with that attitude, growth will be rapid. I'm delighted for them thus far in the season. I hope they skate the LP as well or better than at Skate Canada :)

30. MysticHaze

MysticHaze Member

I like Dylan a lot but I really dislike the girl, whatever her name is. I think they will easily win Canadian Nationals.