Modern Family season 2 - part 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I think it's part 2 -- I can't actually find the old thread. Regardless, I thought we should have a new one for the new year.

Last night's episode brought a new barrel of laughs. Best line for me was when Cam was shouting at Brian inside Lily's princess castle, and Brian said "Use your inside voice."

But really :rofl: at Luke's teaching technique. OMG that was brilliant.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I so want to do that with my students. I wonder where the middle daughter was? All the other actors were represented.

Poor Phil. He really is a wonderful actor.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Artemis@BC

They've done that in other episodes, only had one or two of the kids. It makes sense if they're not needed for that week's story, no need to work around the regs for underage actors.

4. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'll have to go back and watch it online, because I forgot to watch last night!

5. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Tons of great one liners in this episode. Of course I can't remember them now!

6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Gloria: There is no reason that it [bicycle] can stay upright.
    Jay: There's no reason you should stay upright, but it just works.

Decent episode, assuming one can free himself of the jeebies of a homeless guy (cute or not) living in a little girl's doll house. Ed O'Neill continues to get excellent material this season to match Sophia's, Ty Burrell had great chemistry with Jami Gertz, and Luke was funny as hell.

Flip side: The Claire character is dissolving into a neurotic harpie ... not liking the character development there.

7. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I missed some of it because of the speech by the President. My DVD only recorded a bit of it.

9. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny and very un-PC. Still love Gloria and I liked that they showed us another side of Claire. This season she's been shrill and too uptight (in a way that's not funny).

10. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

The redheaded kid revelation scene -- Mitchell dancing around what he wants to ask his ex-gf, and ex-gf's exasperation at what she thinks Mitchell is asking her to confirm -- was :lol: upon first viewing ... and is 4X funnier on second and third viewings ... since you know what the twist is.
    hubby's incredulous/half-disgusted reaction to that gift -- "Little Slugger?" -- still has me chuckling.

:rofl: Jay doing what we've ALL wanted to do many times in our lives -- being honest with that couple, during dinner, and expecting a quick parting the ways .... only to be told by Gloria that they're spending the night.

11. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I died laughing when Jay took a drink from the dribble cup and it became a "awww poor thing" scenario by the other couple :rofl:

12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

My favorite moment was when Cam realizes he can escape the incredibly awkward situation and so he does. LOL!!! "Ok, I'm going to let yall catch up..."

13. rfisher

"I need to have my moment"

A colleague who has failed to find the humor in the show called Wednesday night to apologise. She said she was crying she laughed so hard with the big reveal of the *kid*

I plan my Wednesday nights around Modern Family. I'll record AI to watch later when it starts next week. I need my laugh fix.

14. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

I love this show so much, it's such a strong ensemble - but I absolutely love the kids, with Luke being my favorite. He is just hysterical.

15. zhenya271

zhenya271 Active Member

My stomach hurt from laughing at Cam! He couldn't make eye contact and he got clumsy, just like the time when Mitchell had the job interview.:lol:

Phil and Claire used to be my least favorites, but I'm really starting to enjoy them.

16. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

OMG, last night was the best ever! You can see the whole episode on www.hulu.com.

17. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

"Did you guys notice that Dad had the same look on his face as when he smells a new car?" :rofl:

I thought I was going to die when the woman said the kid was allergic to strawberries and got the epi-pen LOL

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  18. Auntie

Auntie New Member

I thought the kids did a fabulous acting job when they were sitting on the bench in their jammies discussing what happened.

The writing for Luke is spectacular. One of the writers must have a boy that age. Last week when he was using the squirt gun on everyone and then turned it around and took a big drink was SUCH a tween boy move. The actor's slightly confused, earnest delivery is priceless.

My husband and I watch the show with my teenage daughters. After watching the show I was SO glad that my kids never walked in on us.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  19. rfisher

I'm impressed with all the kid actors on the show. Except Lily. She doesn't do much yet. :lol:

This is my favorite program. I skipped In the Middle to watch AI this week, but I'll go back to it next week. At least it's funny even if not as good as MF.

20. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

"It sended".

That had me in stitches.

21. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

If you live in Canada you can't watch Hulu videos, but Modern Family can be streamed from http://www.citytv.com/ .

22. Artemis@BC

"Let me in, Claire, and taste my delicious cupcakes." :rofl:

I agree the writing -- and the delivery -- for the kids was absolutely perfect for this episode. And in odd way, very sweet: instead of the usual sibling rivalries, they came together in the face of their common adversity. :lol:

And doesn't everyone wish they had a shawarma guy who knows them by name?

23. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

"Dad looked like he was winning."

24. Artemis@BC

3 words: Gloria wins Valentine's. :rofl:

25. rfisher

I was crying last night. You knew what was going to happen with Claire and Phil, but he was hysterical. This is my LOL TV program.

26. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I thought Phil was the best thing in this episode. He was hilarious.

27. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Phil was hilarious.

Loved Mitchell's "well pick out china and move to vermont" LOL

28. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

:rofl:

Jay, when Cam shows up at the restaurant with Mitchell - "Big gay angel"

29. zhenya271

zhenya271 Active Member

Loved Phil on the phone thinking it was the wrong number both times. Gloria was so cute with the, " I win" and " And I bought you a motorcycle- I win again!"

I just found Cam and Lewis kind of annoying this go around, except for maybe the bright blue spandex!:p

30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The blue spandex was a great flashback to one of the funniest episodes - smart way to get mileage out of that!

I also thought the phone bit was another fun flashback - remember when Phil was on TV at the basketball game, and Claire saw him ignore her call? These two seem to have trouble connecting by phone :lol: