Miss USA, Bad Questions, Worse Answers, Lingerie, Trips, Tears, Johnny Weir

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, May 16, 2010.

1. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that was like thinking of your Nana's funeral right before you come.

Oh well, the play by play was fun, folks! Shall we again for Miss Universe? ;)

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Good. Michigan. I'm not watching (west coast), so I cannot factor in the tw*t (meaning "twit", of course) factor. But when I looked at the pics links, I thought "Michigan needs to win this ... she's the only one who might pick up the Miss Universe crown later"

3. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

But Carrie didn't win, right?

4. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Without a doubt.

5. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I said almost as bad... lol but she'd better get an attitude adjustment real quick or she may join the likes of Kimberly Pressler and Shauntay Hinton...

6. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I love Ms Michigan's remark about Pizza...lol

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

If she wins Miss Univers she'll be even more wonderful and intimidating, I can't wait.

8. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

Are we seriously sending another USA girl to the Ms. Universe competition who is prone to TRIP AND FALL in the evening gown competition? :lol:

9. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Will this be 3 for 3 if she does?

10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I thought Oklahoma was beautiful but Michigan was the most confident and very comfortable with herself. I was rooting for California but she didn't even make the final 10. :wuzrobbed

11. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

No. Last year's did not. That was 2007 and 2008. Miss USA did finish in 10th in last year's EG competition, though.

This year's Miss USA might make top 5, but she won't get higher than 2nd runner up. She needs major polish. Miss OK or CO would have been the best representatives to send to compete for Miss Universe.

12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

That was one of the most ugly-tastic display of evening gowns I have ever seen at a pageant. Although I think the judges sent a pretty clear message to next year's contestants: want to be Top 5? Wear white.

And if Johnny wants to exploit his 15 minutes of fame on the basis of being "stylish", he didn't help his case with that horror show he was wearing. It looked like a rejected costume from a 1980s roller disco movie.

I think Aussie Cook Host Guy is not going to be back next year.....

13. ebayj

ebayj New Member

I love that she is the first Arab-American and Muslim to become Miss USA. A huge milestone for this country.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Which, IIRC, was lower than the 2007's did with a fall. Skating's influence is abound ... COP is EVERYWHERE!

Dunno. How much :bribe: are you willing to bet? Last years' Miss USA was definitely polished -- to the point that it was a little off-putting. Miss USA, esp., needs to show a degree* of imperfection to have a chance.

Miss Michigan/nee USA is perfect looking and has those huge "selling points" as ebayj said ... so a little lack of polish might be the spark she needs to rise from top 5 to the :glamor:.

*Meaning: Minor imperfection. Too-short, tacky blonde coke-whores in Project Runway reject gowns need not apply.

15. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Rats I missed it.

16. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Venezuela won Miss Universe the past two years. Here's the current one and the other finalists:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C18HyEpY0Y

Seeing it's supposed to be all surface anyway, to my eye, she was impossible to beat, especially in her red gown. Kosovo came close, the other three didn't have a prayer.

IIRC, Stefania was eighteen and came off charming during question time (in Portuguese, right?)

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  17. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Venezuela is a Spanish-speaking country (Brazil is the only country in South America that speaks Portuguese). They practically mint Miss Universes, and have programs that groom women from the earliest age to be pageant contestants.

18. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

She seems an ideal candidate for the times.
    I'm sure the "pageant handlers" are already hard at work, doing any "prep/grooming" necessary to maximize her chances at Miss Universe.

19. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Oh Beefy... you are so going to be buying all of my drinks on the ship when Miss Tanzania wins this year. The winner this year will not be latina, will be from Europe or Africa, and the first runner up will not be from the USA. I stand by my prediction. Had Miss Oklahoma or Miss Colorado (a figure skater who trained in Colorado Springs) won, then we would be talking title.

20. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Thanks for the clarification, BittyBug.

The Arizona immigration question posed to Miss Oklahoma (first runner-up) is causing a stir:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...elizabeth_woolard_doomed_by_arizona_immi.html

This won't have the legs of the Carrie Prejean debacle, however.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  21. overedge

22. PrincessLeppard

Hey, Miss Michigan was just on my teevee. She says that some in the Muslim community are upset that she "flaunts her natural beauty."

Nope, no confidence problems there.

23. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Hope she doesn't encounter any problems with some nutjob upset about her "flaunting her beauty."

24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Photos have surfaced of the new Miss USA pole dancing at a radio station contest, didn't even take 24 hours.

25. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

LMAO Well, there goes the Muslim angle for the Universe crown!

:cheer2: She won that contest, too! Show's wonderful self-image and confidence, no, PrincessLeppard?

Did y'all know that there is a Miss USA Pole Dance title? Neither did I until I tried an Image search on Google. :shuffle:

26. soxxy

soxxy Guest

27. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

although it is a most unfortunate picture angle

28. overedge

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  29. PrincessLeppard

Well, that requires more skill than merely parading around in heels, so if she fist pumps for herself after flinging herself around a pole in booty shorts and platform mules, I'm totally cool with that. :saint:

30. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

She's a beauty pageant competitor. If they weren't blabbing on about their beauty or clamoring for attention (as she also seemed to be doing with that stripper dance contest), I'd wonder why they were there in the first place. :p