Miss Universe Pageant

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DarrellH, Aug 31, 2011.

1. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

It's happening Sept. 12th in Brazil.

Any favorites?
    What will be the controversy, this year?

I've looked at some of the contestants pictures, and most of them seem too thin. Miss USA is incredibly thin and looks like she's lost more than a couple of pounds since she won USA.

2. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Not surprising that there are so many beautiful women, but I love how there are some serious noses that haven't been chopped to death, and the shots of them don't try to hide it.

3. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I can't even remember who won Miss USA, but I will definitely be here and actively participating in the snark. Does anyone know whether it is going to air on the real NBC or on one of the cable stations?

ETA: Checked out some of the photos. It's hard to get a good lock at any of them the way they have them posed, but if I had to choose a winner based just on those photos, it'd be between Angola and Guyana. I really like Jamaica, Honduras, and Ghana too. Turks & Caicos and Ukraine both caught my eye with their head shots, but in the other shots both have bad makeup and awkward poses that don't flatter them at all.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  4. soxxy

soxxy Guest

On the real NBC on Monday, Sept. 12 (must not intefere with Sunday Night Football).

Miss California won Miss USA. She has/had red (auburn?) hair.

5. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Yes. But mostly I am looking forward to the snarks on FSU.

7. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it more than I should, probably. I have to look a little more at the contestants, but Miss USA is a definite semifinalist and probable finalist. She is the best candidate that we have put forth since Shandi Finnessey in 2004.

8. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Miss Ghana was once Miss Minnesota 2009. She has dual citizenship. Miss Bahamas was Miss Florida 2009.

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I have no idea how on earth they choose amoung these young women. They all look gorgeous and accomplished to me.

10. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

:bribe:

11. crystalice

crystalice Banned Member

:lol: That's true of course. But still I would vote for Argentina (perfect for soap operas), Curacao (modelling for sure), the Netherlands (classic blonde), etc.:rollin:

12. sailornyanko

sailornyanko New Member

Why in the hell did they choose to put it on a Monday night? Should have put the show on Sunday night instead. I'll probably be working when it's on. Oh well.

13. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Sunday Night Football on the same network. Even the POTUS adjusts his schedule around football and figure skating. ;) That said, I'm sure I've watched Miss Universe in the middle of the summer.....it's later this year.

14. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Umm... Sunday is September 11th. So not a day of celebration for pageants.

15. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

So true.

16. TDsk8

TDsk8 New Member

17. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Dlisted reports that the luggage containing Miss Colombia's panties has obviously gotten lost en route to Brazil.

Warning: If you don't read Dlisted, please note that they use salty language and lots of snark.

18. soxxy

soxxy Guest

The show must go on! (Sasha Cohen borrowed someone's tights.....at the Olympics!)

19. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: Gee, I wonder what that photo might be showing?

I can't click here at work, but I can read the link. "Hot Slut of the Day" on DListed can be highly :grope: or highly :yikes: ... thinking it's the former this time. Hope she bikini waxed before departing Colombia.

Also (sorry soxxy, but that made me chortle) ... :rofl: if a beauty pageant was ever scheduled to avoid conflicting with an NFL game telecast! Methinks that just a few thousand American gays, e.g. our Aaron W, and a chick or two like our Veronika (depending on who was playing) would be :drama: conflicted on which to watch.

20. soxxy

soxxy Guest

LOL. I suppose you have a point. :slinkaway

21. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Check ebay soon - especially if she wins.

22. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I saw the contestants at the ms universe website. Europe is very strong this year; Serbia, France, Switzerland, Ukraine and Spain are knockouts.

African has some strong contestants in Angola and South Africa.

But South America is again so strong - Ms Columbia, Panama, Bolivia and Ms Chile. I rooting for Ms Chile, Chile has been out of the Ms Universe contest for about 5 years.

Carribean - Ms Jamaica and Haiti.

I'm not too crazy about Ms USA

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  23. indicatoto101

indicatoto101 New Member

I'm pulling for the Asian contestants, specifically Korea and Singapore. The videos were removed from YT but the contestants were asked about the advantages of being a woman over men and Ms. Singapore replied that women can participate in beauty pageants and flick their hair. lol I'm rooting for her just on the basis of that. Korea answered with very good English and is apparently quadlingual.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  24. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I am usually indifferent for the USA delegates in the past but I like the one from this year. Miss USA 2011 is beautiful AND she's a Star Wars geek! I was hoping her national costume is Princess Leia with buns or in slutty gold bikini, but instead her national costume will be slutty founding fathers.

I hope an European wins this one. When was the last time someone from Europe took the crown? I remember that dethroned Miss Russia back in 2002 I think, then I can't remember any of them since the 90s.

25. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Norway won in 1990... Netherlands in 1989. USA has a huge shot to win. She's our best candidate in a long time...plus 9-11 is the previous day. It helps. No Latina will win this year--too many in a row.

26. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Will there be a 9-11 related final question from one of the judges? Will there be a Carrie Prejean moment? Or a South Carolina teen one?

27. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Off topic, but I love Dlisted.

Someone I went to HS with, who actually used to skate and compete nationally, won Miss Korea Texas. Apparently that got her a berth to Miss Korea, which she did not win. She said it was because she was an American, but I don't know. I actually don't like her too much tbh :slinkaway

28. ryanj07

ryanj07 New Member

USA, Angola, Trinidad & Tobago, and Netherlands are my favorites.

I'm a little shocked that Venezuela sent another lackluster contestant, they could actually miss the Top 15 for the second year in a row, which never happens.

29. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from just photos, but I like some of the Scandinavian girls: Denmark, Sweden, Finland. Also Switzerland and Germany.

30. TDsk8

TDsk8 New Member