Mirai Nagasu support thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Doozy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Doozy

Doozy New Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

3. Doozy

Doozy New Member

This thread is specifically about the robbery.

4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

5. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

And there are already a dozen threads about the so-called "robbery".

Answer me this, Doozy: if, by some ridiculous twist, the petition got up, would you have the guts to look Polina in the eye and destroy her dreams? Of course you wouldn't.

Mirai isn't good enough and didn't get picked. End. Of. Fecking. Story.

(And if you dare post it on Jason's viral video again I will have no hesitation in reporting you for spam.)

6. Doozy

Doozy New Member

You don't seem to have much problem with the fact that Mirai's dream was crushed, do you? I'm not suggesting cutting Polina from the team, I suggest cutting the girl who could not make the cut when it counted.

She was good enough for Vancouver the first time she beat Ashley Wagner out for the spot. Came in 4th too, not too shabby. The story is not over as long as there are people speaking out against the injustice, unlike you who would like to sweep it away.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

7. jiejie

jiejie Active Member

As you pointed out, Mirai had an Olympic dream. It was realized in 2010 when she was good enough.

8. Doozy

Doozy New Member

She was good enough this year too. Only problem is she wasn't the favorite of advertisers, NBC and the USFSA.

9. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Having taken the time to analyze the publically available criteria and weightings to be used for the selection as well as the relevant results of the skaters involved, it seems quite clear that the USFS applied them correctly and appropriately. The skaters involved are all moving on with training, skating and living. Perhaps those experiencing so much angst should follow their lead?

10. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I think that petitions and continued out cry is insulting to Mirai. If people aren't willing to consider the criteria used, then they have not anything to say worth listening to.

I am sad for Mirai and think she could have been chosen for the team. But she wasn't. The best thing anyone can do for Mirai is to send her messages of support.

Refusing to acknowledge that the decision was legitimate is just an embarassment and if enough Mirai fans keep it up it will be an embarassment to Mirai.

Give Mirai a break, move on.

11. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Mirai is a figure skating Olympian because that honor does not go away. Furthermore, she did put in time and effort into something she liked and did achieve professional level results, which is a rare achievement.

Mirai can still train to see how good she can really be, and for that she is very fortunate. I hope she wakes up everyday and thinks "how good at this can I be today" and at every competition thinks "I can't wait to show everybody what I can do!"

Competitions are really only a means to faster, higher, stronger. Medals do not mean you are your fastest, highest, strongest.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014