Minimum Total Technical Scores for 2012-13 ISU Championships (including Jr Worlds)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 27, 2012.

1. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

I think it means that only skaters who are representing their great granpas countries or skaters who train in a bigger country like the USA will get to go. Looking at Australia that's most of them, the ones training there barely missed the score. New Zealand won't qualify any skaters at all. That's not going to help the smaller countries encourage thier local skaters, seems more likely to make them quit.

2. Jiro

Jiro Guest

Wonder what the hold-up is with the ISU announcing the final minimum TES scores for 4CC. They have stated that they would announce them two weeks before the deadline for entries which would have been around 24 Dec? :confused:

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

They're confirmed in this announcement:

Since that's four days before US Nationals start and four days before Canadians end, how many substitutes can a federation submit? Could, for example, USFS and Skate Canada submit every senior on the Nationals roster who is age-eligible and has met the 4C's TES minimums and then re-assign the team from the list after making the selections? Or do they have to guess at the top six (team and subs) and hope no one outside this group skates a blinder at Nationals?

5. screech

screech Well-Known Member

That'll be interesting, considering Canadians doesn't end until January 20, with the dance final that day, and ladies, mens and pairs on the 19th.

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

They are scouring every rink in the world to find a fourth federation with an eligible Pairs team, and then they'll set the TES minimums accordingly. :sekret:

7. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

That would be a first. T/T were a gift, only because a Canadian was available.

8. Jiro

Jiro Guest

Thanks, but why the difference between Euros and 4CC? Euros deadline was 4 weeks before start of comp, but 4CC is 3. Strange. :confused:

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

The ISU isn't the most consistent organization.

10. Sylvia

I would imagine that both USFS and Skate Canada have made arrangements with the ISU about the timing of their 4CC entry/alternate by name submissions.

I did a quick count and, of the senior level skaters/teams competing at U.S. Nationals, there are 16 men, 16 ladies, 7 pairs, and 7 dance teams that currently are age-eligible and have the minimum scores for 4CC.

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

The Russian Fed must have something similar, if the deadline for Euros is four weeks ahead of time.

12. Sylvia

I just checked the Euros Announcement and the entries by name deadline is today, Dec. 31, which is 3 weeks before the competition starts.

13. Sylvia

Published today: http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/...3,4844-205151-222374-nav-list,00.html?id=1230