Millionaire Matchmaker

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Kwantumleap, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Kwantumleap

Kwantumleap Well-Known Member

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but MM is one of my favorite shows on tv. The last episode was the best one yet IMO. The next one should be good, too, but less successful.

2. Flatfoote

Flatfoote Active Member

I like this show too.

But, I've often wondered about her opening intro, where she says she has an "extremely high success rate." Really? How often do we read the updates where the people even see each other again? Let alone actually pursue a real meaningfull relationship.

3. duane

duane New Member

It seems like every show this season ends with her screaming "Get the hell out of my club!"

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I can't be sure, but I think her real-life (i.e., off-camera) matchmaking business has a higher success rate because she is counseling people who legitimately want to find someone, not a bunch of famewhores who just want to get on TV.
    :lol:

5. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I :watch: this show, too, for the chain of trainwrecks. And for the eye candy Patti and her kids round up as candidates ... most of them far too young and :psoty: or :glamor: for the subject millionnaire.

:shuffle: Is the "last episode" you refer to the one with the "you CAN and you WILL [slurp those fermented duck embryo shooters]" current/future serial killer? He with the reptilian eyes and eville smile? If so, :lol: how was that "successful"? Okay, the episode was successful, if that's what you mean.

What a creepy freak. And the other guy for the episode -- showing his weird surgically sculpted abs-on-top-of-fat and taking his date to a clothing optional spa -- was a loser in his own right ... but just sophomoric verus creepy.

The post-creepy-Q-tip-episode previews showed a flaming, pretentious, older queen ... apparently looking for hot young boys. So the usual in gay life. I'm sure that Patti will loooove this guy's entitlement. :watch:

6. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Read an interview with Patti; the fame ho's get NO pay from Bravo. Love the show, she is a hoot. The one that brought his "assistant" on the date should be shot! Whatta pig...

7. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I don't really like Patti, but I watch the show every week despite that. I would love to know what happened with Chelsea that caused her to leave/get fired.

8. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

What a nasty, disgusting, revolting and trashy show. I watch it every week! Can't wait for the next nauseating episode (the one with the older gay guy)!!!

Beefcake likes this.
  9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

But other than the host and the millionnaires, it's a great show! We don't miss an episode. :lol:

I've not vested any real brain cells in this show (well, not until these posts today, that is ;)), but I once heard a gay at a party joking that these millionnaires are putting all their trust in finding a "lifetime match" on the skills of a woman who has never been married. :rofl:

Not sure if this is accurate, and again, I'm not going to put in the effort to Wiki it. But I will defend her skills, using the analogy that some of the greatest coaches in the history of sports never really played at the championship level of their subject sport (ergo Patti is the coach, and dating is her sport) ... but I find her never married status as a nice source for chuckles.

10. Kwantumleap

Kwantumleap Well-Known Member

No, that one was vile! :scream: I was referring to the episode that followed with the famous publisher/Sirius radio queen and the chef/caterer. That was an awesome episode.

I agree that most of the shows have been messes, though. I still learn a lot from them. It's like a modern take on Cinderella. Some of the dates seem SO awkward.

11. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Well her hubby to be would not come on the show...and she was ticked. She has lost a ton of weight and is taking that Sensa stuff. Some of the best skating coaches don't have kids...just sayin!:p

12. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

As far as I know, she's never been married. Her most recent fiance wouldn't come on her show, but was cool going on other shows according to what she said on Watch What Happens Live (another super guilty pleasure). I'll never forget the episode where she told her mother that Randy Quaid was the best oral sex she ever had.

13. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Oh, thanks sooooo much, Allen. Now, I'll be needing a liquid lunch. Brain bleach being the liquid.

Or maybe I'll just embellish that you meant to write Dennis Quaid ... ahhh, yes, much better vision. :grope:

14. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

That was payback for the shar pei comment :rofl:

I'm with you on Dennis Quaid. He was so hot in Far From Heaven

15. luenatic

Oy Vey! Watched the latest episode with the Ga(y)geist. He is so charming. I'm sure he's the belle of the ball. Where do these people learn their holier than thou attitude? The way he looked at the young guy was just gross.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Oh vey is right! I felt extremely uncomfortable during that "date". I loved when Patti screamed at him (as she is prone to do). :rofl:

17. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I had a hard time watching last night's episode. I think it's because I know so many guys like last night's bachelor in that they are in their 40s and like 20 somethings. However, his attitude was beyond condescending. I wouldn't have personally chosen the guy he picked and I can't say I really get why he picked him either. The guy that is performing in Wicked seems like a better choice, but I would have wanted him subjected to that dickbag. The only good part was when Rhett threw the water in his face, but when you do that, you have to storm out of the room, not just sit there with a mean mug.

18. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I had to turn it off. Cookie prick was getting on my nerves.

19. duane

duane New Member

I thought the cookie guy's attitude was annoying, but not that bad. Rhett was the childish one. He was trying WAY too hard, with the continual touching (which seemed forced--not genuine), his sexual humor (which I too found juvenile), and then the throwing of the drink--which is SO dramatic and immature.

20. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Cookie guy's attitude was very chippy - pretty smug about his being "president" of the company (that daddy built).

21. duane

duane New Member

Wow, the woman tonight was so sad! She needs to join a self-esteem club instead of a matchmaker club.

The plumber was hot though!

22. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Oh, clutch my pearls. I had to rewind to assure that my ears weren't misleading me. Yep ... Patti really did say "Hello Kitty does not get a hard
    c*ck
    ", didn't she? :wideeyes: and :eek:

Keep classy, Patti. :D

Hooray for the usual trainwreck/hopeful future episode! The millionnairess is a sad piece of work, and she and her golddigging plumber had me squirming their entire date. Good Lord, woman, do you have ONE OUNCE of pride in yourself? Pathetic.

23. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

When she told Patti that she had more to talk about with the gold digger, I thought, "wow, I've never seen someone be that shallow and delusional." It bothered me that she had no concept that he was way out of her league AND a douchebag. I don't think it really ever occurred to her that he wouldn't be sexually attracted to her.

24. cmkrcwi

cmkrcwi New Member

I didn't think he was all that, frankly. I couldn't see why she was degrading herself for that loser.

25. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

Apparently Luc and Robin are still dating. Wonder how much he charges per week :shuffle:

26. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

I think this is a vulgar and disgusting show.

The Top Yenta is a loud-mouth Shtetl Girl, squawking like she came out from the Pale yesterday, and should not be allowed near any decent family who wants to marry off their son or daughter in a traditional style.

She has awful taste, awful appearance and manners. She is not fit to be a door hostess at the Mustang Ranch, let alone introduce prospective partners to millionaires.

Oh, and speaking of millionaires…… I mean the garbage collectors and “doing something and something” dudes, who yesterday earned oh! the whole big large huge 1,000,002.98 …..

It’s those darn extra $ 2.99 that now made the The Millionaires, and now they are allowed to flip through the piles of beauty school drop outs and waitresses.

Oh, the whole blimey million….which in today’s economy is about oh, $150,000 or $200,000 of what million was in the 70’s and 80’s in times of “Lifestyles of Rich and Famous” and “Fantasy Island” shows…. :D.

This show, however, is better than Jerry Springer…. Just to be fair.

Cupid and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:wideeyes: What? This isn't real?

Dream crusher! :fragile: Guess we've hitched our hopes of love and riches to the wrong star.

28. luenatic

Good Gawd. You mean reality TV show is not real? Next you're gonna tell me Santa Claus is not real. HATERZ!!!!!

29. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

What about the Easter Bunny and Figure Skating judging?:confused:

30. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

You hitched your hopes of love and riches to this sorry excuse for a Yenta..??!!:puppet::violin:... I don't believe you.:eek:

On a serious note: are you trying to tell me the whole show is "acting" and "actors"?

Someone tried to convince me that all the Small Claims Court shows are "acting" and "actors", and I don't think so..... However, nothing is impossible...:coffee: