"Military Time" Ice Show: March 12 with Kulik, Sabovcik, and MBM/RB

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by manleywoman, Feb 23, 2011.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Haven't seen this posted yet . . .

If you want to see Joe Sabovick, Ilia Kulik, and MaryBeth Marley/Rockne Brubaker live, there's a new show called "Military Time" in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, on March 12.

Military Time was created by Nicolette Amie House and Aidas Reklys (Lithuanian National Silver Ice Dance Medalists and European and World Competitors).

2. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

So there will be two ice shows in the Chicago area on the same day. I wish I could go to both of them. :(

3. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm happy to see Ilia anytime and anywhere so this is great for me.

That said, do the people producing this know that SOI Chicago is exactly the same date and time and about 15 minutes away in Rosemont? Seems to me that it's a no-brainer 'shoot myself in the foot' marketing decision. The skating show community in the Chicago suburbs can't be that big.

Manleywoman, is there any way you can tell them? I know folks who are traveling to Chicago for SOI and if this were earlier in the day (a matinee perhaps) and they could do both shows in one day, they would. I bet other folks would too.

4. manleywoman

Yes, it's crazy that both Stars On Ice and this show are the same night. I imagine it was the only night that the Rolling Meadows arena was available, but you'd think they'd have moved heaven and earth to make sure there was no overlap.

I'll email them to inquire.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

If they could get Delobel & Schoenfelder to reprise their 40s OD I would SO be there!

6. Willowway

This is getting depressing - in this short amount of time I have heard from 5 people who can't attend because they're going to be down the road in Rosemont at SOI.

What a scheduling mistake!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  7. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Would love to see Sabovcik live before he retires. May have to do a Sun Valley trip in the summer

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. manleywoman

Just heard back from them:

9. Willowway

Thanks Manleywoman. Ilia's doing it so I'm going.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  10. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

One day Ilia will skate in Australia. :(

Come here, Ilia! We have no conflicts with Stars on Ice! :lol:

11. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Was anyone in this show? Looking forward to review.... Hopefully the show was not cancelled? Anyway, perhaps it found enough audience, although it was held in the same time as SOI (which apparently was sold out in Chicago.;))

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  12. Willowway

Ilia never confirmed that he was doing this (which means he was up in the air with it until last minute) so Laurie and I decided, if somewhat reluctantly, not to try it (too much $$ at risk in airfare, hotel, etc.). If he did skate we'll know sooner or later.

13. skatergirl777

skatergirl777 New Member

Ilia was in the show...and he was amazing! :)

14. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

What did he skate to? What did he wear? What jumps did he do? *hungry for information!

15. Willowway

Thanks Skatergirl - yup, Ilia is rarely other than amazing. A few amazing details would be fabulous.

16. Willowway

From a follow-up article about the show:

"..."While the program was in progress, I saw a Hollywood “leading man” handsome skater running laps in a hallway in preparation for his performance. As he anonymously warmed up, I checked the program and found out that I was watching Ilia Kulik, Olympic Champion from Russia. For many fans, getting that close to Kulik is worth the price of admission. One of the young local skaters in the show jogged alongside Ilia who gave the boy a warm smile and pat on the back. That’s just not the same experience you will see at the larger venues."

That's the Ilia I know - so sweet, especially to kids.

Whole article here http://triblocal.com/algonquin/community/stories/2011/03/top-talent-shines-in-military-time/

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Willoway, what a special memory that boy will have; something to cherish.
    Thanks, Ilia!