Miki Ando's LP's of the last three seasons

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by cx3, Nov 11, 2010.

1. cx3

cx3 New Member

I've noticed that Miki Ando no longer seems to attempt the 3F in her LP. The earliest I can find this happening is World 09. Can anyone think of a reason that she would do this? She is known as a jumper, after all.

2. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Who knows? She used to lip but fixed the edge around 2007-08, and is doing flips quite well in SPs, so...yeah. No answer.

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Miki used to take off from the wrong edge and since she fixed this problem, the Flip has become her most inconsistent jump. She still does one in the SP, though.

:)

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Really? I've thought her flip was quite good actually. She seems to have the most trouble with rotating/landing the triple lutz.

5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Maybe her flip is prone to being under-rotated?

6. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

She seems to tend to pop it/fall on it more often since she fixed the edge change.

7. MikiAndoFan#1

Exactly.

:)

8. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Okay, I see your point. I just remember her falling on the 3Lz at Worlds.

9. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Her flip faced some downgrades during 08-09 season, so perhaps that's why they took it out. Also, the point value between a 3loop and 3flip is now just .2 points so perhaps they figure it's not worth the risk any longer. If anything Miki should do two 3loops in her long program instead of two 3toes.

10. Milan

Milan Member

I believe the flip has been present in her short programs over the past few seasons (unless I'm wrong), albeit it has been prone to downgrades. I do not see the rationale of doing a flip as a solo jump in the short program, only to leave it out in the long program.

11. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

While I perfectly understand why she is no longer attempting the 3Flip in the LP, I've never understood why she is still attempting it in the SP.
    Her Loop is definitely better and more consistent.

12. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Until this season 3f was worth a whole half point more than 3lo so she probably did it to have the most competitive jump layout.

13. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Well, if she plans to attempt the 3Lz+3Lo, she can't do the 3Lo as her solo jump.

14. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

She did 3Lz+3Lo in her COC SP and bank 9 point for that combo even with the < and -GEO. I think she will put that combo in the LP as the season goes and by the time major events come, GPF, National, 4CC, World so she cannot put another solo 3Lo in her program. If she nail 3Lz+3Lo, 2A+3T, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz, 3T, 2A+2Lo+2Lo, the jumps content will be pretty competitive even with a <.

15. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

Funny thing is, the last time she landed the 3lz+3loop of this quality was 2 years ago at COC too. Only thing is she got full credit for it. :lol:

She should replace the flip, her worse jump, for the sal, her best jump IMO.The flip may gain her about a point more, but she likely will not get positive GOE's for it, not to mention, it is wildly inconsistent. She could instead be putting some efforts in trying a variety of entrances and or footwork leading into the salchow to get the quality marks. IMO. :)

16. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

You have her repeating three triples (3L, 3Lo, 3T), which she cannot do.

She could swap the second Lutz for a flip, but why do that since her Lutz is usually pretty solid and worth more points? Maybe the second toe loop?

17. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I thought this thread was about how similar (in boredom :coffee:) Ando's programs have been this past 3 seasons:confused:

18. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

Maybe because she's been given the same programs for exactly 3 seasons lol...

19. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

at least her postures seem to have improved. Her gala dress this season reminds me of a wedding dress... I wonder if it's getting close?

20. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

:scream: :yikes:
    That is when an intervention needs to be staged.

21. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I see what you mean. I don't see many 3Lz/3Loop from her, but just in case, it's better to work another jump then 3Loop as solo triple. I agree. ;)

22. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

No. Under this jump layout, she will do 2 Lutz, 2 Toeloop, 2 Loop and 1 Salcow (no Flip). Double jumps (loop or toeloop) doesn't count under the rule. She still doing two Lutz which is her best jump IMO, and with Flip jump being close to loop in base value, it only give her less than 1/4 of a point in advantage. < loop jump will get more credit than Flip jump that was poped, fall or get an edge call.

23. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I also thought this was going to be about the similarities of her recent LPs, considering her LP this year is basically her 09 LP which was basically her 07 LP. I still love her though. :D

24. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

No, I don't think you're quite getting it. She would be doing the 3Lz twice, the 3Lo twice and the 3T twice, which is not allowed. She can't repeat more than two triple jumps, and the repeated triples must include at least one in combination. Under your proposed jump layout, her 3T would receive no credit.

25. krenseby

krenseby New Member

You still love her despite so many of her LPs being eerily similar? You've got a big heart, let me tell you!

26. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

It always goes

1. Music starts
    2. Slight interpretation/posing for a few seconds
    3. Immediate crossovers towards the judges and then glides away into the back left corner (from the judges' perspective)
    4. Lutz-loop combo

:lol:

27. krenseby

krenseby New Member

Is that Morozov's standard program opening for all his skaters or is Miki the only one he gives this choreography too?

28. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if she can do a triple lutz-triple toe?

29. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Oh I know love. Also, most of the time I'm drunk.

30. MikiAndoFan#1

:rofl: