Miki Ando out of GP series (2013-2014 will be her last season)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by MINAM, Oct 9, 2012.

1. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I think the problems wasn't that he took on Leonova; the problem was more likely the fact that he started relationship with the Russian ice dancer.

2. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

She deleted her twitter? Why? No wonder I haven't received any tweets from her.

3. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i just mentioned leonova because morozov takes her as an excuse, cause he can´t take ando back.
    he always mentioned he would lower leonovas chance for a medal in sotchi if hie continues working with ando.

4. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Ilinikh? This guy doesn't stay too long in one abode, does he?

5. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

do we have anything official on her and Morozov getting married?

6. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Which "her"?

7. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I thought Morozov dating Ilinikh was a rumor and that although Elena did indeed break up with Nikita, her new boyfriend is a hockey player, not Morozov...

Anyway I don't see what's the issue with coaching two elite skaters in the same discipline, I mean, Orser has Hanyu and Fernandez.

Likely the fallout of the engagement and Miki's mom disapproving made everything awkward and then Miki didn't have the motivation to start all over with a new coach after having won Worlds twice with Morozov. Sure it would be nice to see her win a medal at the Olympics, but that won't be easy and even making the team will be difficult, and plus she's already won most everything else: worlds twice and a world bronze on top of it, 4CC, Japanese Nationals twice, lots of GP medals, silver at GPF..

A skater as good as Miki wouldn't have issues finding a willing coach, I think it's more the prospect of starting a new coaching relationship from scratch at the age of 24 after having accomplished so much already seemed daunting and exhausting so she chose to opt out. JMO

8. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

pinky, I think you're the only one who believes that hockey player rumour :lol: Seriously, you mention it every time the Elena/Nikolai thing comes up.

9. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I think she mentioned it in an interview, but my Russian is pretty terrible so I could be wrong. It more seems that noone seems to know for sure that Elena and Morozov are a couple, so I tent to think if they actually were, it would be more public and obvious and there would be :sekret: reports of them being seen together and acting couple-y. From what I've seen of their interactions in the Kiss N' Cry, he is no more all-over Ilinykh (and actually, perhaps even less) than he was/is with Leonova, Ando, or even Amodio :p. But maybe Elena is just classy and doesn't want to make a big deal about dating her coach that's twice her age while on TV with her ex right beside her :lol:

10. shah

shah Shhh...

lol, that perfectly summarises Morozov :p

11. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

12. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Maybe Sochi is not the focus but would be a nice bonus or she is just thinking 2012-2013?

13. rosewood

rosewood Whoa! Samurai battles!

:wuzrobbedOh my god!! I guess her last performance as an amateur will be done at JO or WTT next season.

14. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

It's hardly a suprirse but unfortunate :(

15. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Strange that she's going to compete in 2013 and quit right before Sochi. You would think if she was sticking around, she would stick around for the extra season to compete in the Olympics, especially since she was close to medalling last itme.

16. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

... The dating affair between Morozov and Miki was real?!?!?

17. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

That's what I thought about first, the oddness of retiring in the pre olympic season. But looking back I would guess that her goal was winning worlds in her home country in 2011 and retiring after that, And even though she did win, it wasn't the "perfect" ending to her career. After that came her disastrous FS at the 2011 Japan Open,which was her last competitive appearance. So I think that while she doesn't have the desire to continue, she doesn't want her 2011 JO performance to be the way that she leaves the sport. Just how it seems to me though.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yes, Morozov has dated Ando (and they have been engaged) and yes he is now dating Ilinykh (with her mother's approval).

19. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Do we have confirmation that he's dating Elena? Or just speculation/rumors?

Because if it's true, time for Elena to run...:scream:

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I've had this confirmed from a number of reliable sources.

21. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

Ekaterina Pushkash who is now training in Morozov's group confirmed it on her page on a Russian social network. She said they have been together for over a year and that it is not a secret :)

22. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Whatever works for them!

23. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

I would have taken it to mean the federation had already turned their focus to other skaters, so didn't much care what she was doing.

I would have thought "next season" meant 2013-2014. The 2012-2013 season has already started, so that would be *this* season. (Maybe not in Japanese?)

24. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I think Miki feels strong obligation of decent ending towards her country people which is very thoughtful of her. She seems to want to end her amateur career in Japanese nationals and I wish thet best of luck with her there!

ali_dorate and (deleted member) like this.
  25. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Miki signed some papers regarding her participation in the Grand Prix, didn't she? What are the consequences she is facing now? Can ISU ban her from the Olympics?

26. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

2011 was a perfect ending for her, winning all her GPs, Nationals, 4CCs and Worlds.

If she is to try for Sochi next season, there is going to be some competition even making the team, with Asada, Suzuki and Murakami all skating reasonably well now.

27. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Miki :(

I just hope she is happy - because she hadn't seemed so for a while.

28. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

obviously the end of her competive career is near.

she seems absolutely relaxed about probable punishments by the isu.

i think, as said before, she just wanted to leave with a good performance, japanese nationals or japan open should be the place for that.

may these day be long long away

29. Hiro32

Hiro32 Member

She is not thinking about Sochi at this moment.
    She might get a penalty from ISU because she won't compete GP series this season for proper reasons such as injuries. She needs to see what ISU says about her eligibility next year.
    If she can't compete internationally next year, her last competition would be Nationals next year, but it could be regionals, too.

She just wants to compete in front of her fans one more time but she is not ready for it this season because she hasn't found a new coach.

In March Morozov told Miki that he couldn't be her coach this season. He didn't talk to her about it in person again and as a result she had to give up on him as her coach.

30. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

maybe she is aiming at worlds 2014 in Japan, seeing there is much competition in Japan and it could be difficult to be part of the Olympic team