Michelle Kwan to be interviewed on "Fox News Sunday" morning of May 20

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, May 18, 2012.

1. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

Kinda off topic but i just read a preview of 2008 olympic champion gymnast Shawn Johnson´s book and she said that Michelle sent her a sweet text in Beijing the night after she didn't win the all-around gold. Shawn said it felt like Michelle was the only person in the world who really understod how it feels to not win and get a silver medal instead. I thought this was cute and one more reason to love Michelle! :)

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  2. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

If Hillary couldn't grab the nomination for her party, I doubt that MK could either... :yikes:

3. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Spinner and I were on twitter talking about this, and he said of course she don't need to be POTUS since she's the KWEEN. Then after we went back and forth about what the acronym should stand for, he came up with this brilliant solution:

Kwan's World Empire, Effective Now

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Assuming Kwan seeks a Dem nomination.

5. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

How many women have the Republicans nominated for POTUS?

6. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

ALL HAIL!! :respec:

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Just because they never have doesn't mean they never will.

Kween FTW!

8. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Hilary was a Dem of course. Perhaps MK is a Republican? Whatever party, she wouldn't stand a chance because she is not the right gender... :shuffle:

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Thanks for posting this. What a sweet thing for Michelle to do.

10. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Ambassador Kwan
    Honorable Michelle Kwan, Ambassador of the United States
    Congresswoman Kwan
    Senator Kwan
    Honorable Madam Kwan
    Secretary Kwan

All sounds cool!

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I think that might be her goal, considering she was learning Mandarin and was focusing her grad school studies on China.

12. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Eventually, perhaps, if everything lines up properly with experience and career choices, she might even be appointed and confirmed as Secretary of State herself. :)

13. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought it was common knowledge that Kwan is a Republican.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I think you are correct.

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

She is? That would make things interesting for some of her fans.

16. feraina

feraina Active Member

It's hard to believe, given everything Kwan has ever revealed to the public over the years, that her personal beliefs align better with Republicans than Democrats...

Anyway, somehow watching that interview brought tears to my eyes. Little Michelle all grown up!

17. JILEN

JILEN New Member

She sure did, It made me teary-eyed too..What a gal!

18. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Immigrants; and children of immigrants often are Republican.
    I don't care which party she belongs to, at the moment.

I applaud her desire to be of service, in any capacity.
    She's probably being "kept in mind" by both parties.

19. VALuvsMKwan

I do not recall ever having seen, or heard, any specific statement attributed to Michelle regarding her party affiliation. Has anyone else heard or read anything she has said or written stating a specific party affiliation?

Her dating Christian Anschutz (spelling) brought about a lot of discussion about how she must definitely be a Republican, but to my knowledge she has made no specifically declared public announcement of her political beliefs. My two cents is that the Republican Party would be extremely fortunate if she were to declare her affiliation with it because of her likeability and history of hard work and perserverance and interest in service to her fellow human beings.

20. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not all that common, then. :lol: I didn't realize that Kwan's political affiliation was that openly known. If I had had to guess, I would have thought that Republican might be more likely than Democrat, but then again, I thought that she might be an independent and not registered with any party. She has been able to work with and has received appointments from both the Bush and Obama administrations, so I doubt if her political views are aligned with either the extreme right or left. :)

21. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Neither have I, which is why I prefaced what I said with, "Perhaps I'm wrong......". Nevertheless one hears a lot of rumours and jokes about her being a Republican, which often seem to indicate that she is. You sound a bit defensive. Not being American myself I couldn't really care less, other than from the standpoint of enjoying gossip about skaters. :lol:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. mrinalini

mrinalini Active Member

This. If there's a source that explicitly states MK's political affiliation, I'd like to see it.

And if we've decided that MK must be Republican because she used to date Christian Anschutz, she must also be quite wishy-washy about her beliefs considering that she's now rumoured to be dating a member of the Pell family.

23. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I not only have never heard of Michelle saying anything about her political affiliations, I also have never heard of Michelle even attending a campaign fundraiser for any partisan candidate for any office. She seems to act as if her political affiliation is private business.

24. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

It can't be if she wants to run for office. :p

26. VALuvsMKwan

I'd prefer that she not be for personal inclinations - but it's a free country.

I don't particularly like personal gossip about skaters, particularly about (as you can tell) one of my favorite skaters.. Maybe that's what you perceive as "defensiveness". No problem. :)

27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I think there was some thought that she was a Republican because her first appointment came from the Bush Administration and Condi Rice, and she was dating Anschutz. But then she blended just as easily with the Obama administration, continuing to serve as a Public Diplomacy Envoy for Hillary Clinton and working frequently with Michelle Obama for her youth fitness programs and with Joe Biden on the Special Olympics.

I was very surprised at any mention of political office, because so far she seems eager to work with everyone to accomplish bipartisan and charitable goals rather than "taking sides".

VALuvsMKwan and (deleted member) like this.
  28. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I thought everyone knew. Michelle Kwan considers herself a member of the Purple Party.

29. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Never heard or read anything about MK's political affiliation either.

30. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the Bush Administration giving a plum appointment to anyone unless they felt secure that the person's ideology was w/in a certain range of the spectrum.