Michelle Kwan/ Greg Louganis Royal Caribbean promo

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by BelleBway, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on this... I'm on a Royal Caribbean email list and generally gloss over the emails but the name "Michelle Kwan" jumped out at me today.

Apparently they had Michelle Kwan and Greg Louganis do a lot of activities on a cruise ship and fans can vote for them and enter to win a cruise or something. Right now, they have a video of the flow rider and there are a bunch more that I assume will be posted later.

Link is: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/decka...Learn_More&et_cid=em_3147226&et_rid=248910168

Sorry if I've duplicated info that is found elsewhere! I did a search and didn't see anything.

2. kathy sullivan

kathy sullivan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this - fun video - she is so at home in front of the camera now. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

3. samiller

samiller New Member

Thanks for this post. Michelle looks lovely. Greg is still looking good.

4. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

Thank you for the heads up about this, I'll have to check it out tonight, once I get in from my flights :)

5. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

This is really cool! Michelle looks amazing in her surfing gear.:cool: I figured she'd be pretty good a surfing b/c that has a lot of balancing in it.

I can't wait for them to post the rest of the videos...especially the skating!! :swoon:

6. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Fun! Thanks for posting - the rock climbing video is up. :)

7. kathy sullivan

Well if ever they are lookin for a new spider woman - think they've got their gal - this girl is fit.

8. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

Michelle did just a little better than me at that rock wall... :lol: (and by "a little", I mean "a whole heck of a lot")

9. Fin85

Fin85 New Member

OMG, what fun! Michelle is just so amazing! Is there anything that girl can't do?!

10. kathy sullivan

Michelle's skating video is up. She's beautiful but it is oh so short.

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It was still a joy to see her on ice.

12. samiller

samiller New Member

Skating segment is very short, but Michelle is simply glorious on the ice. And, she and Greg engage in some humorous dialogue after she skates off the ice. Cute promotion.

13. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Can't help wondering when the skating was done for the promo. Looks to me like she could do an exhibition for the 2013 Special Olys!

14. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Wonderful, two great athletes. Michelle looks glorious!

15. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Fun videos of Michelle and Greg! Great to see Michelle on the ice -- even just for a few short seconds. Loved her purple dress, too. :)

16. kathy sullivan

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  17. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

I swear Michelle looks as fit as she did when she was 17 years old. She is so youthful. I love her! Loved the Flow Rider video that was cute and the rock climb was funny. "is that a look of fear Greg" LOL.

18. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Loved Greg's dive. Wow. They both seem so comfortable and natural in all of the segments. Nice to see -- I think he had some pretty tough personal times after the Olympics. (And how brilliant of RC to dole out the videos over time -- been back to the site three times now.)

19. query5

query5 New Member

okay press release out going to show the Royal Caribbean as promo during olympics. it is cute and fun watching them.

20. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Greg said he'd not been on the 10 M platform for some months before doing the dive.
    It certainly didn't show!

21. samiller

samiller New Member

I am enjoying this friendly, often humorous, competition so much!! I love them both. This is an original sales pitch, but I am mostly looking forward to every Michelle vs. Greg moment.

22. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

:lol: Well, I'd give Greg the zipline win.

23. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

This reminds me of that Will & Grace episode around 2002 where Will booked his parents onto a cruise which provided ice skating lessons with Michelle Kwan. And Grace said "to be fair, when he booked the tickets, this seemed like a much bigger deal".

24. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!