Michelle Kwan gets married today 19-01-13

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by floskate, Jan 19, 2013.

1. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Phil Hersh is tweeting play by play ;) from the wedding reception: http://twitter.com/olyphil
    Copied here for posterity:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Wonderful tweets from Phil about what's going on at the reception. Almost like a play by play.

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

PML that MK's brother toasted that Clay would be known as Michelle Kwan's husband

5. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

:lol:

"That was Hillary Clinton's husband!" ;)

D'awwwww! :wuzrobbed:

6. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

Is Frank in attendence?

7. mrinalini

mrinalini Active Member

This I'd really like to know.

8. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Apparently not, or it would have been mentioned by now. I'm sure Frank sent his best. :)

Phil tweeted that he didn't recognize Paula Abdul at MK's wedding. I wonder when MK and Abdul hooked up ... maybe at LA Lakers games. ;)

Toast by MK's brother, Ron, is funny, and true! :lol: And, Ron should know, since he is forever known as Michelle Kwan's brother. Not such a bad association. Sounds all good to me. :)

9. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Awwwwww. Michelle looks lovely and Clay is quite handsome in his dress blues. Much congrats to the couple!

10. aftershocks

(((Tissues))) kwanatic. I get ya. Might it help to throw an MK video marathon before the weekend is out? Oh but there will surely be more tears and laughter too. At the end you could look at a replay of Kween's great keynote speech upon receiving her honorary doctorate, and also view a replay of her Hall of Fame induction from last year. Personally, I'm hoping manleywoman will one day nab Kween for a podcast interview. :)

In the meantime, here's the USFS HOF tribute montage from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQFLkAvdzE

I'm getting the chills ... She grew up right before our eyes ... :sniff: :wuzrobbed (tears of joy)

http://news.providencejournal.com/b...olympian-michelle-kwan-marries-clay-pell.html

Beautiful smile, beautiful Kween!

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Clay Pell's sister said she was always amazed at his comfort zone with being a nerd. #Kwanwedding

A guy comfortable in his own skin, who's also brilliant, kind and generous, along with being husband to the Kween. :rollin:

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
    Michelle Kwan cut the cake with the ceremonial sword her new husband wore with his Coast Guard dress blues ...

Awwww... Would be nice to see pics/ vids of the cake-cutting.

11. liv

liv Well-Known Member

She does look absolutely lovely. And exactly the kind of dress you'd imagine she'd wear too, lol. congratulations to the happy couple.

12. Capella

Capella Guest

Wouldn't he already be at nationals? (Canadian and/or U.S.)

13. aftershocks

^^ Definitely preparing for Nationals I should think or likely in Omaha already. Even Michelle's brother-in-law Peter O had to miss the ceremony due to coaching obligations.

14. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was just thinking that Michelle only just got engaged in September barely four months ago and now she's married. Perhaps some would-be guests already had U.S. Nationals pencilled in their calendars back then and could not commit to attending her nuptials in January. Her wedding was awfully close to the Nationals. Didn't she miss Karen's wedding due to competition a few years ago?

15. snoopyskater

snoopyskater Member

How is Michelle going to be able to skate at Nationals with this wedding taking place? :lol:

16. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Not worried, she can do it all! Congrats Michelle and Clay.

17. Anita18

Definitely more than likely.

I wonder if they tried to take Nationals into account re: the potential guest list, then figured it was no use unless they wanted to postpone the wedding all the way AFTER Worlds. "Fine, we will just have it whenever because there is no accommodating everybody!" :lol:

18. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

bitch please, we both know you will frame that magazine and set it off with some recessed lights

Sparks, ioana, DimaToe and 3 others like this.
  19. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

:rofl:

20. Anita18

:rofl: :rofl:

21. samiller

samiller New Member

The Special Olympics in Seoul, South Korea will begin on January 29th and end about a week later. Michelle is on the Board of Directors and plans to be there. Tim Shriver, the big leader of the Special Olympics was at the wedding. Apolo Ohno is flying to Korea on Sunday night. (Perhaps Michelle and Clay will stay for one of Pres. Obama's swearing--ins--maybe not???)

This is a tight schedule, but Michelle and Clay can work it out. Just look at the way they so quickly and quietly planned their wedding and reception.

22. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Haven't read the thread, but wanted to add my well wishes too, to the most decorated American figure skater in history! :cool::hat1::kickass::respec:

My how time has flown, Nationals is here again, and so is Michelle, just in a different capacity, now as a married woman. :saint: :)

:40beers:CONGRATULATIONS MR. & MRS. PELL!!!:40beers:

23. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I have Brian Boitano on my Twitter feed, so was looking at the odd pictures during Cdns. So surprised they got this planned w/out a slip from anyone. I know I was shocked when the first tweet from Brian hit the airwaves, so kudos to Michelle and Clay for pulling this off!!

Michelle looks so happy and she was *stunning* today. Which is such a shock to all of us here I know, but... ;) Clay also looked amazing in his dress blues.

I know how many are feeling about seeing Uncle Dickie there looking so healthy and happy, as I felt the same. Also felt it earlier tonight seeing Jean Beliveau before the Leafs/Cdns game during the Pre Game Ceremonies. Great hockey player of the past, but even greater Gentleman for all he's done off the ice over the years, suffered a pretty serious stroke last year and this was the first he's been seen in public since and looked so great too!!! So it was a good night all around on that front. :)

The happiness of the both of them is just beaming off the screen and I'm so happy for them too. :D

Congratulations to the Newlyweds and a long and happy life to them!!!!

24. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

She looks so happy and elegant! Great news!

25. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but mazal tov to the happy couple! :encore:

26. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Grant Hochstein tweeted that he had been invited to the wedding but couldn't go because of Nats. I would assume, then, that Caroline Zhang must have been invited, also.

27. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

She was always a class act and to allow the fans to be a part, from the very start. Yeah for twitter and to everyone for posting the pictures and tweets. Thank-you.

28. floskate

floskate Vacant

29. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:shuffle:

30. belladella

belladella Active Member

I can't wait to see the People magazine coverage and I hope they have a good photo spread. Evelyn Kramer say a that Michelle had three dresses for the wedding: the formal one, a short dress for dancing and a red traditional dress.

Congratulations to Michelle and Clay.