Michelle Kwan gets married today 19-01-13

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by floskate, Jan 19, 2013.

1. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm really not a fan of it either. MK has great style, and the ceremony gown was amazing, but the one at the reception is a disappointment.

2. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Thanks!! :)

3. RickInSanJose

RickInSanJose New Member

Your "uber-enthusiasm" for Michelle, always so eloquently stated, would be a great addition to The Michelle Kwan Forum.

4. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

If any of you are really bothered by Rex's post, I suggest you stay far away from many of the articles about the marriage on the internet. The comment sections are full of unbelievably really nasty comments.

5. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

I don't think it was Rex's post that "bothered".

6. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Nasty? Those aren't even close to being nasty. Now if you want to read some nasty comments at the ends of articles about someone or a group of people, go to any article on the British Royals over at the Daily Mail. Now *those* are vicious and nasty. The comments about Michelle and Clay's Wedding don't even come close!!

7. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Ya know, on one end of the batshit spectrum there is "uber-enthusiasm"...on the other end there is "obnoxious as fcuk". Guess which end you dwell on?

Cyn, antmanb, Habs and 5 others like this.
  8. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Fashion commentary: LOVED both of Michelle's very different gowns. From classy/dignified/elegant to fun/flirty/fab! You go, Michelle! Wish I could have done a costume change mid-wedding. What a great idea! Instead, I ended up getting my fishtail stepped on and my dress ripped ... good times :lol:

O-

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the red dress. I love those.

10. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

I've been googling 'Michelle Kwan red wedding dress' for several days now without result. I afraid it's gonna become her fashion equivalent of 'The Bells of Moscow'. We ain't never gonna see it :lol:

11. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Hmmm, fascinating revelation.

Gosh, what an irresistible opportunity for you guys to get the knives out, eh? You must have been waiting for quite awhile. :p

Poor maligned, Rex. Bad, passive-aggressive, obnoxious aftershocks.

Oh well, I'm still enjoying the wonderful news about Michelle's and Clay's wedding, and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures in People. Maybe there will be a better view of the reception dress and hopefully one of the red dress too. :)

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

People has to deliver! C'mon, People! I hope someone posts scanned pics if I don't get around to buying it.

13. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Is that Evelyn Kramer, The Spin Doctor?

14. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Active Member

I'm not sure if it is Evelyn Kramer but it could be. I found images of Evelyn on google and I think it looks like her.

15. aftershocks

16. succubus

succubus Well-Known Member

Sweet Mary on the half shell, batsh*t doesn't even begin to tell the story.

And you can't malign Rex anyway - he's above your reach.

(ETA: 'you' being aftershocks - only on my 3rd coffee so still a bit foggy... ;))

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    jamesy, Rex, Norlite and 3 others like this.
  17. mrinalini

mrinalini Active Member

Yes, aftershocks, we're all fans of Kwan (well, most of us are anyway) but you're really taking it to a whole new level. Your over-analysis of even the most minute details pertaining to Kwan's wedding is highly disturbing and suggests bot-like tendencies. I wouldn't even be so defensive about my own wedding.

I'd suggest you get some help, but that would seem too condescending. Just putting it out there, though...:p

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  18. os168

os168 Active Member

Wow the atmosphere here remind me so much of the typical after wedding drunk party.

Both sides of bride and groom finally got bit tipsy, a bit drunk finally get to 'discover' the 'real in-laws' and show how they reaally feel! It has the same typical rants, complaints, sarcasm antics, bitching (feigning as good humour, but to some would be of poor taste depends on which sides you are on, and how close of a relative are you to the bride and groom), defensive mode, failed attempt at ending squabbling by other guests, lecturing, give up, carry on drinking, more dancing and everything.

When are we going to see a snog of opposites attracts? I am still waiting.

Truly Michelle gave us another memorable genuine complete performance once again :) I bet this should be more entertaining thanthe US nationals (unless Mirai decide to rock the boat, which I'd be happily bring my own wave machine).

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  19. aftershocks

^^ :lol: Very funny os168, and a fairly apt description too.

Maybe we'd all be "lovely people together if we had a chance to sit down over a poutine" ... at the after party. :yikes:

Even with my "bot-like tendencies," I haven't been able to find a pic of Michelle's red dress. Funnybut may be right that it might remain a mystery. I'm sure MK looked beautiful in it. :)

20. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

It sounds as though Michelle was glad to have her shorter dress for later in the reception, since the "bustle button" on her gown got ripped off. I think this People story is different from the one linked to earlier; although the picture is the same one, there are different quotes. Here's what Michelle had to say about the first dance:

:)

21. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

When the People magazine feature appears, it's possible that we will see the red dress.

22. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

We want a baby! We want a baby! A Mini-Kween or Mini-Kwing! :) V-bets at the ready!

23. os168

os168 Active Member

Tweens!!

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

os168, you must have been to some classy weddings.

25. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

Was Tara invited? :p :D

:lynch:

*runs away*

26. aftershocks

Thanks for the updated link. It does provide lots of new details about the ceremony that will probably be incorporated in the full People article. As with most weddings, it seems to have been very touching and heartwarming, along with the minor unexpected mishap re the missing candle wick. Clay to the rescue. ;)

And dare I gush ... How sweet was Clay's description of "feeling Michelle's energy, sense of grace and contentedness." They look and sound so very much in love.

27. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Is there only the one shot of the reception dress with the lace at the top? I'd love to see a full length picture of the whole dress.

28. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I downloaded People today. In the preview section (I've got it on my iPad) there's a lovely picture of Michelle putting on her earrings. I can't wait to read it!

29. samiller

samiller New Member

Is it a long article? We have been given some tantalizing bits and pieces. I was disappointed with the actual "engagement" article because it was too short. Hopefully, the wedding article will include more! I'll be searching for the copy tomorrow at the bookstore.

30. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Just picked up this issue at Kroger. Artlcle is only a paragraph long. Two pages, but five wedding pics. None of red dress. One of them cutting the cake, one of Michelle w/bridesmaids, one group photo of Michelle in other dress (not full length shot) w/Brian, Dick, & Dorothy, one of the exit from the church w/the swords, and one large one of Michelle & Clay posing (have to say I am not fond of Michelle n this pic). No real details of the ceremony are given at all.