Melina Kanakaredes is leaving CSI NY

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ballettmaus, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I like Sela, but Melina helps to make CSI: NY.
  3. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Oh no! I love her hair! She's like one of the main people....damn.

Glad Eddie Ciprian is gone from Miami though. I think the whole Leanne Rhimes thing is tawdry. I think the bad press caught up with him.
  4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Plus, allegedly he behaved like a Diva Douche on the set as well.

I've loved Melina ever since she played Eleni on The Guiding Light. So beautiful.
  5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I remember watching GL during those days when she was married to Alan-Michael somebody. Am I right? :p
  6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I watched her on Providence and liked her and watched CSI NY sometimes
  7. Auntie

Auntie New Member

Ohhh, me too! She has "it", doesn't she?
  8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

My admiration for her dates back to "Guiding Light", also.
    I hope that she finds another project, soon.
  9. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

Eh, CSI NY got moved from Wednesday to Friday nights (at 9:00) so I can't see it making it out of this next season, anyways. I think it still earns respectable viewing numbers but IIRC it trails both the original and Miami.
  10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she was really in love with the owner of that diner, Frank :smokin: hot Frank.

Yes, she does. She'll get another show if that is what she wants.

I just don't see Sela Ward doing this show. I like her and all, but she's too beauty queen for this show :slinkaway .
  11. JJH

JJH Well-Known Member

GL-Stavros said "I brought you the best girl from the island!" (Crete-Kriti)
    Melina is the best girl from Manhattan, too. Sniffle. She doesn't have that endlessly same pretty cookie-cutter look.

And (for writing and acting) CSI:NY kicks the stuffing out of CSI:Miami with pretentious Howdy-Doody in sunglasses.
  12. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Alan-Michael Spaulding (aka one of my favorite soap characters ever)
  13. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

Darn! Series just won't be the same without the Beautiful Greek Goddess.
  14. ballettmaus

The replacement is official now. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=25514
    I apologize if the link doesn't work, it doesn't work for me. Not sure if one needs to be registered or something.
    But Sela Ward is the official replacement... and apparently supposed to be a similiar character, emotionally driven. :rolleyes:

I'm quite disappointed, I loved Stella on the show. She was such a great character.
  15. quintia

quintia New Member

No!!! :( Stella is one of my two favorites on CSI: NY, with the other being Flack. The show won't be the same without her.
  16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:duh: How could I have forgotten Frank!?!!
  17. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

What the Hell is happening over at CBS!?! First they pull simliar crap w/Criminal Minds and now this.

CSI : NY will not be the same, and dare I say it, this very well could finish the show. Melina had fantastic chemistry w/everyone, but especially w/Gary Sinise. You believed right away in the back story of the two of them having such a long term and close friendship.

I'm another one who remembers Melina on GL. I've followed her career ever since and I really hope she has another great project coming her way soon. CSI NY is the only one out of the three in the Franchise that I watch anymore, but after Melina's final shows this Fall, I have a feeling that could change. She'll really be missed.
  18. ballettmaus

She isn't supposed to be back at all right now. Maybe later on but for the moment, CBS declined any comment on whether she'll be back for one last episode and the author of the article from Entertainment Weekly said that he was told she wouldn't be back.
    Which makes you wonder... a lot.
  19. ballettmaus

Since some on the board voiced their disappointment over MK's departure, I'd thought I'd post those links.
    Apparently when Adam Rodriguez decided to leave CSI Miami last year, fans petitioned and - together with a drop in ratings - succeeded for him not to be killed off. CBS started to negotiate with him and he guest starred in season 8.
    I found that fans are trying to do the same with Melina Kanakaredes. I'm not going to not watch CSI NY anymore though I will certainly watch the show differently.
    However, I think CBS is treating (mainly) their actresses in a... weird way and I think it would only be fair to Melina Kanakaredes and her character if she would at least get closure for her character and would not be killed off.
    I certainly loved the job she did in bringing Stella to life and I think Stella deserves better than that.

So, here are the links to the twitter and facebook petitions.

http://twitition.com/mcjqe

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...NY-without-Melina-Kanakaredes/125788230797640
  20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Frank. :smokin: hot Frank.
  21. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I'm only getting to this now. Been having Puter Problems.

Anyway...Going by instinct here, but I have a feeling that the resoultion to the Season Finale Cliffhanger was filmed before the Summer Break. If that's the case, then we'll have at least one episode w/Stella this coming season.

Still...This entire mess sucks!!
  22. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

They've started ads for the new cast and night. OT- when Melina first came to Hollywood, she was advised to change her name (too ethnic), straighten her hair (too curly), and get her nose fixed (too crooked). Well, as they say, the proof is in the souvlaki, gal is successful, popular, and carries her heritage on her sleeve (or should I say arms. Gal is buff and beautiful).