Mel Gibson Goes off the Rails Again: Audiotape Released

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Apr 19, 2012.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I first read about this last week.
    He needs a psychiatric evaluation/treatment, not publicity.

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Is it possible Mel is bipolar or something?

4. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I'm no mental health professional, but something is very wrong with Mel. For every incident we hear about, I wonder how many unpublicized incidents we don't hear about. I mean, that friend went to his house with a tape recorder as though he anticipated some sort of outburst from Mel.

5. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Since Bi-polar has several different types, to jump on behavior of celebs who are out of control and make a guess at diagnosis is harmful to those who have bi-polar illness

IIRC, Mel has had some drug and alcohol problems in the past? If so, that combined with any type of mental illness, people not making him responsible for his actions. A combination of all three could lead to these actions, or no connection to these factors could be the issue. Mel may have behavior that people often associate with bi-polar, but I believe he has many more that are just plain anger/control issues.

To me, the man appears to be someone who has anger management issues and control issues, where people have not made him responsible for his actions. Would anyone without money or fame be allowed to carry on like this?

6. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole.

Matryeshka, manhn, Eden and 5 others like this.
  7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Yep. I don't care if Mel Gibson has a legitimate mental health issue. He's a racist anti-semite and a jackass. The more publicity there is around his behavior the more likely he might actually feel some of the repercussions of his behavior, career-wise.

8. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Yup! I suspect that his first wife was able to somehow keep him on a short leash. Now that she is out of the picture, i think we are seeing, and hearing, the real Mel.

9. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

And that is why she deserves half his money. :shuffle:

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  10. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

For years I've refused to watch any Mel Gibson movies since he started going on these tirades. And the "Mad Max" and "Lethal Weapon" movies were some of my favorites in the past. What an ass. He turns my stomach.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

why is joe eszterhas at his house making secret recordings?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I am sure it was just a coincidence and it totally wasn't planned with financial gain in mind. :p

13. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If you were going to work with Mel Gibson (writing a script, in this case) you might want to document the event, given Gibson's "history".

14. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

He sounds like a bipolar patient off his meds.

15. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Because he is also an asshole.

16. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

All I can think of is how when South Park did their Passion of the Jew episode several years back, their caricature of Mel Gibson was comically ridiculous. Looking back, it wasn't that far off from the real thing.

My dad used to have crazed screaming fits like that when I was a kid. It wasn't a mental issue, it was an anger management issue. My dad has improved a lot over the years, and has gained a lot of perspective and awareness of what his temper tantrums did to us growing up. Mel's gone in the opposite direction. I'd like to think that underneath all those layers of asshole there's a decent human being somewhere, but considering all the reports about inhumane working conditions on his films, probably not.

17. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Joe Esterhaus is no saint to be sure, but he's Saint Francis compared to Mel. To say Mel has Anger Management issues is an understatement. Set aside his virulent anti-semitism (which isn't easy) he's a jackass of the highest order and why anyone would want to work with him is beyond me.

18. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

But I must add one thing to my other post about a different type of Mel. Before the release of "The Passion" Mel took the film around to various ministers and pastors looking for their opinion and input. I know a minister who got a private screening with Mel and about a dozen other ministers, and he told me that Mel coudn't have been nicer and genuinely wanted to know what they thought. How that jibes with this raving lunatic I don't know, but I thought I ought to mention it.

19. duane

duane New Member

Seems like an invasion of privacy. If Joe had recorded it at his own house, fine. But to record someone who's in his own home?

20. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

According to other websites it was not Joe making the recording but Joe's 15 year old son. Still, Joe took the recording and released it.

21. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Screen writers often use tape recorders in their work. I wouldn't assume he brought for any hidden purpose other than to record notes about the script.

22. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Also most smart phones these days have a voice recorders on them these days.

23. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:respec:

24. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

It's not a huge accomplishment to be on one's best behavior for a couple of hours in a room full of ministers.

Why are people still watching this guy? He's not even that attractive anymore.

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I wouldn't say that. Eszterhas has a history of asshattery all his own, with no help from Mel.

26. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Clearly he has issues but I'm leery about 'recordings' that don't included everything up to the rant. I'm sure if you were a fly on the wall of any meeting with producers and writers you would hear the same thing. It may not be right but if it weren't Mel Gibson or Christan Bale would anyone care? If I were Mel Gibson I would record everything I said so you can hear what Joe Eszterhas said prior to Gibson to set him off, it seems contrived and set up.

Well Joe, where is your first draft? What have you been doing? They are legitimate questions. My biggest problem is why he would want Joe Eszterhas to write for him in the first place, that guy sucks.

27. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Why were they considering having Mel Gibson in a Jewish-themed movie? Is this a joke?

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I heard part of this on TMZ last night. Unbelieveable.

29. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Please please please please please, Jodie Foster, this time, do not come to this hateful creature's defense.

Another round of that and the stain may spread to your reputation.

30. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

THIS^
    Also, I think if they don't do something about him he may kill someone one day.
    And he should not be alowed near his little girl. She is not safe with him.

:eek: