Megan Fox: I Hate Being Told I'm Talented

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Jul 28, 2010.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Yes, Megan, no one likes being lied to....:rolleyes:.

Norlite and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

Maybe she's got a hidden talent!

4. overedge

Involving the "casting couch", maybe. I can't think of too many other reasons why she has the career she has....

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I'm not a Megan Fox fan at all, but I think it's onmly fair to show the whole quote:
    I think that for a starlet on the rise (although maybe not so much anymore in her case) it's reasonable to be suspicious of people who just give out compliments left and right, because it IS usually forced and fake.

6. overedge

You're absolutely right. But if it bothers her that much, she could find another profession. Hopefully one that doesn't involve being in any more movies :p

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I don't see anything wrong with the quote, but yeah, if she doesn't like fake, she's in the wrong place. There are plenty of other non narcissistic jobs out there.

8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

A striking face and a great body will take you places in Hollywood. It doesn't mean that the girl had to do the casting couch to get there. It has been pretty much proven that pretty people are more successful than the average looking folks.

---------

I don't see anything wrong with what Megan is saying. Maybe she is realistic about her acting abilities at this stage of her career, and she knows that anyone that is gushing to her face about how talented she is is just blowing smoke. Does anyone remember when Jessica Biel hinted/mentioned in an interview that she had lost some acting gigs because she's too beautiful? Good Gawf. Now that made me roll my eyes. The girl couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. That's the only reasonwhy she's not an A-list actress and isn't getting the great gigs.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

All I have to say is that Ms. Fox needs to lay off the injectables. She has clearly done stuff to her face, as evidenced here which is completely unnecessary IMO at her age.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  10. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

I suspect the sentence got cut off, for instance maybe she meant to say " I Hate Being Told I'm Talented in Bed", "I Hate Being Told I'm Talented at Nothing", or I Hate Being Told I'm Talented at Dieting".

11. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

Then I'll be sure never to tell her so ;)

-Bridget

12. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Wow. This is a lot of venom for somone I have no idea who she is. Is she on one of the newer TV shows like the vampire one or the new 90210?

13. genevieve

No, she's a newish movie starlet who's rather outspoken. She was in the first 2 Transformers movies and will not be in the third one, possibly because she's a pain to work with (although that is just a rumor AFAIK).

14. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Okay, thanks.

I am so getting old. I finally put Zack Efron's face to his name when I saw the Charlie St. Cloud trailer yesterday.

15. overedge

And speaking of 90210, she just married Brian Austin Green (a/k/a that rap superstar David Silver) from the original series.

16. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Agreed. :)

17. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's much too young and imo much too naturally beautiful to get caught up in that. yet.

And what's with all the slut talk? Hasn't she been with Green for years?

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I see too much Radiesse or another liquid injectable implant material on the cheekbones altering her facial contours in a most unfortunate way as well as Botox that has changed the shape of her eyebrows. While both of these work wonders on age-related volume loss and wrinkles respectively, they are hardly appropriate for someone aged 24. I also think she's had her lips injected.

There are instances when young people request Radiesse for unusually narrow cheeks and/or inadequate chin but IMO this is clearly not the case with Megan Fox who is IMO naturally beautiful. Well, less so these days now that she is messing with her face so much.

Experts agree: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/06/21/megan-fox-plastic-surgery/

19. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Please, Michael Bay is a pain to work with. :lol: He apparently made Kate Beckinsale (who seems like a real sweetheart) cry on the set of Pearl Harbor because she wasn't physically up to his standards. The guy is a serious creepo.

The thing is that Bay isn't replaceable for the Transformers series. He's the director, and he calls the shots. (The same can be said for James Cameron, who's literally a dictator on his productions.) Fox is.

Yeah that's the sad part - she's honestly stunning just walking around in sweats and no makeup. I have no idea why she's doing this to herself. Plus, the weirder she looks, the less parts she'll be offered because her image is the sexy girl next door.

She doesn't strike me as the famewhore type though. I don't see her doing something completely :rolleyes: to get into the tabloids like Tila Tequila. :scream:

20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

21. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

Bay is making my life miserable. MISERABLE. He is currently shooting Transformers 3 and everwhere I look a street is closed for filming or I have to walk through a huge crowd of gawkers just to get to my car or office. I park at Trump Tower and last Wednesday he set off a shit load of fireworks and explosives as I was getting ready to pull out of my space. I thought the building was under attack, people were screaming cars were honking and apparently Optimus Prime was on the attack. I think he took a good ten years off my life.

22. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

Yeah, but she often talks about her wild sexual past.

Megan Fox was a Teenage Lesbian!

Plus other confessions from the lips of Hollywood’s new favorite temptress

http://www.gq.com/women/photos/200809/actress-model-transformers-sexiest-woman-in-the-world

Well, good luck undoing all of that :2faced:

23. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, poor Megan. When I was 19 I had the libido of a 18 year old boy.

And I don't find the fact that she liked women particularly shocking or scandalous.

24. genevieve

She's starting down the path to looking like the Cat Lady (Jocelyn Wildenstein) :shuffle:, with more than a little Angelina Jolie thrown in.

25. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Part of the reason why she looks off in those recent pics is because her wig is framing her face wrong.

26. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

That plastic surgery has really diminished her beauty. Prior to the surgery, I thought she was stunningly gorgeous, but, yeah, she's starting to look like the cat lady. I don't mind her quote so much, but if she hates being told she's talented perhaps she should fire her assistants because I can't imagine anyone else saying that to her.

IceAlisa, thanks for the information.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  27. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:lol:

28. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Just to clarify: the only surgery she's had by the common definition at least, are breast implants. Everything else was done by injection.

29. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Hidden in the backseat of some studio honcho's BMW :EVILLE:.

30. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I thought Megan said that she has only had sex with 2 men - her high school boyfriend and Brian, who she has been with for years.

I've read things from gossip columnists like Ted Casablancas who say that she doesn't deserve all the hate she gets - that she's genuinely a very intelligent and likable person. But because she's so frank with her comments, which is not something we're used to hearing from Hollywood, people take that, combined with her looks, in completely the wrong way.

Personally, while I don't find her the world's greatest actress, she's by no means the worst, and I find her bluntness refreshing in a Patrick Chan kind of way. I'm by no means a fan of hers at all, but I hate when people hate celebrities (mostly female ones) for no real, honest reason. Megan is blunt and gorgeous. Kate Bosworth is dating Alexander Skarsgard and Kristen Stewart is with RPatz. Angelina must have slept with Brad when he was married to Jen, though there's no proof that anything physical actually happened. Gwyneth has difficulty relating to 'normal' people (which is actually kind of hilarious to read some things on GOOP). Drives me bonkers!