Meagan Duhamel

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Have loved Eric's skating too from very early on. He was sitting in the stands a few feet away from us at Canadians in Saskatoon in 09, that's the last Canadians he skated with Rachel Kirkland and the poor guy looked gutted that his career was going nowhere. Glad he decided to stick it out and was able to get to team up with such a great partner in Meagan after the 2010 season was over with. I guess that saying "good things come to those that wait" applies to Eric!

Looking forward to seeing how Meagan & Eric skate in the second half of this season!
  2. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I was afraid of this too!! I remember saying back in 2009 that he and Dylan Moscovitch were probably the best male skaters in Canada, but neither of them were going to go anywhere with their current partners. Happy to see that with stronger partners, they've proven me right about how good they are.

Re Meagan's intensity - it's pretty clear from interviews and the Kiss & Cry that she's also equally hard on herself when she makes mistakes. With Eric being so laidback, maybe he needs that intensity to give him a bit of a push (and hopefully he chills her out a bit too). The contrast can be quite amusing, for example at 4CC where Meagan was dressed in full yoga gear for off-ice warm-ups and spent ages running laps, doing advanced stretches, skipping, jumping on the spot, etc. Right beside her, Eric was dressed in sweats and a toque and every once in a while would do a half-assed stretch. It was more entertaining to watch than whoever was actually skating at the time!
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

NorthernLife.ca article: Duhamel driving towards Olympics
  4. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Well-Known Member

I'm another who is delighted the see Eric and Dylan in the top Canadian pairs teams. They are both very talented, and have paid their dues a hundred times over. It is good that they are having international success after their years with younger partners who just didn't work out for different reasons.
  5. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

6. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

7. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member