Maurizio Margaglio: "I think we are losing part of ability in ice dance"

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by eleonorad, Apr 29, 2013.

1. eleonorad

eleonorad New Member

Hello everyone! I am posting again another interview by Laura (Pingu) and me. We had the opportunity to talk to Maurizio Margaglio this time and he had many interesting things to say about his vision of ice dance, his role in Finland and much more. This time, Wintersport-news.com is hosting our article, it's an italian winter sports online magazine curated by, among others, Max Ambesi the italian Eurosport commentator.

We hope you'll enjoy it and we'd love to have your feedback

http://www.wintersport-news.com/12004,News.html

PeterG, geoskate, alilou and 7 others like this.
  2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks. Enjoyed reading it and I agree with his concerns regarding "ice technique" vs "ice dance".

3. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, it was a very nice interview. :) I especially liked reading about synchro skating and also the comparison between ballroom dancing and ice dancing.

4. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Thanks so much for doing this and sharing it with us! I'm really pleased with all the interviews people have been doing lately. Interesting questions, substance!

5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Thank you so much!

6. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

You are all welcome :)
    In a few weeks Eleonora and I will probably start conducting the summer interviews we did last year with many Italian Senior skaters, any suggestion is appreciated of course.

7. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

Could you interview that ex-rollerskating world champion who started to train figure skating? I don't remember his name but it would be interesting to hear how he is progressing.

8. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Mille Grazie, Laura e Eleonora! A very good and interesting interwiew, with more depth than many. From the Finnish wiew, it is really interesting, but in general also. I really appreciate the work Maurizio has done here.

9. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Thank you, interesting interview.

10. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Dario Betti perhaps? I'd like to read this interview myself, if it has the same depth as the one with Margaglio it will be worth reading for sure.

11. tut88

tut88 Member

Maurizio is a very intelligent man and it's always a pleasure to talk with him, or to listen to him speaking about skating.
    Thanks for the link !

12. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

I hope you do one with Charlene and Marco. London Worlds was my first chance to see them live, and I really appreciated their talent and programs! :)

13. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

I imagine that you are referring to Matteo Guarise. he's a pair skater with Nicole della Monica. Here's what wiki has to say about them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Guarise

They're not doing too badly considering they've only been skating together for a short time and he had to learn skating all over again!

14. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Dario Betti - eleonorad posted about him transitioning from roller to ice in the Italian news thread back in February: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...skaters-news&p=3842446&viewfull=1#post3842446

Adding my thanks to both of you for the Margaglio interview!

ETA:
    I'd like to read an in-depth interview with Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri as well.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  15. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

Yes, Dario Betti was his name. I didn't realize there are several Italian rollerskating world champions who have started to do ice skating :) so if you could do an update about him, it would make me very happy!

16. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

As someone asked more infos about Dario Betti, here is the summary of the press conference that was held on Tuesday at the Agorà ice rink about his switch to figure skating.

17. dorianhotel

dorianhotel Member

Did he mean the ability for a man to glide around on two feet while the far more talented women drags him around the ice while doing tons of twizzles and steps around him. Yes he is right we lost that talent since teams like that never get anywhere today, but I dont think most mind.