Marley/Brubaker Split

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by reese, Aug 15, 2012.

1. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I liked this team so much! :(

Right before the beginning of the season. I hope everything is ok.

2. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

So? They could at least have a try out. Like I said, 17 days is not a long time. This calls for desperation on his part.

3. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

:eek: :( :scream: :wideeyes: :duh: :wall: :wuzrobbed: :fragile:

What the heck?!?!

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

What a shame. I thought they really had great potential. I hope Rockne can get another partner soon because I think he is one of the better male pairs skaters.

5. vmfan89

vmfan89 Member

Are Yankowskas and Reagan a done deal, or could Caitlin be a good option for Rockne?

6. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

This is a shame, bad for US Pairs

7. MoreIce

MoreIce Member

It is too bad Andrea Poapst is Canadian. She would be perfect and is even in the area.

8. hlp728

hlp728 Active Member

What about Rockne trying ice dancing and team up with Emily Samuleson? That would be a 5inch height difference. They would probably have a better chance for 2018 Olympics. I'm desperate to see Emily back in competition.

9. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Please tell me it's April Fool's Day today? :eek:

unless Rockne already has somebody else lined up

10. icemusings

icemusings Member

Rockne is 2 inches shorter than Joshua Reagan and there is only a 3 inch height difference between Rockne and Ashley so it would be tough.

11. jdonavan

jdonavan Member

AGREED!

12. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I'm... speechless.... I just...

*headdesk*

13. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I'm in total shock.

Best of luck to Rockne in trying to salvage his season. And best of luck to Mary Beth as she goes on to the next phase of her life. High level figure skating isn't for everyone.

14. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

If Amanda Dobbs really is 5'4 (which is what her IN bio says) it just might work, although it's obviously not ideal. I have a feeling she may be an inch or two taller now, though.

15. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Are you effing kidding me? I loved the video we saw of whatever summer competition, she was so much improved.

...I agree, call Caitlin...

16. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Dream. Pairing.

Sorry Josh, but if I were Caitlin...I'd dump you. :shuffle:

17. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

I thought they were BOTH much improved as a pairs team. Unfortunately they had a few things working against them from the beginning and it was going to take a lot of hard work and long term dedication to make this pairing happen.

It's kind of sad to see Mary Beth step away from competitive skating as she had a lot of potential. It can't have been easy pairing up with Rockne and always trying to skate up to to his talent and level of skating. I hope she is proud of what she accomplished in such a short time.

Good luck to both of them in their future endeavors.

18. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

Don't know what the reason is, but hate to see Rockne lose a pre-Oly season because of this...I really think Ashley is too tall. Yup, call Caitlin or -Amanda - Team USA needs you. :)

19. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

It feels like something has to have happened that hasn't been said. Who's got the :sekret:?

20. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

There has to be a story there. I can't imagine who would walk away from one of the world's best partners (IMHO, except his height limits his potential partners) AND a solid shot at Olympic games. One one hand your heart and head have to be fully committed...yet on the other hand it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Rockne needs to get on the phone asap. His only chance for 2014 is to get an experienced pairs skater. I don't know US scene that well. Anyone in juniors at least one triple and a 2A? Looks like Kylie Duarte is too tall. What about Jessica Pfund or Madeline Aaron? Don't know their height but looks like some skills...

21. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'm done with US pairs. A million depressions. Now, Donlan/Speroff will split and Divette will out grow Utah. My heart is shattered. Russia will have all my attention from hence forth. ((((Rockne)))) He really can't catch a break.

22. Terri C

Terri C New Member

Since Mary Beth is retiring at such a young age, I'm thinking that it's either burnout or finances.

23. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Oooo, I like this idea. (One can dream, right?)

24. sk8ers

sk8ers New Member

Weren't they just in Detroit recently as well? Burnout, far from home, injury???? Hate to see another breakup--sadly growing used to it.

25. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

Yesterday, I was reading into the threads 50 pages back just for kicks and read through the thread about Keauna and Rockne splitting and now this happens :(

26. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Aw man. :( Best wishes to both of them in whatever comes next but this really sucks. :fragile: :wall: :eek: :huh: :wuzrobbed

27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I know, this was my thought too. I feel bad for both of them. :(

28. sleepypanda

sleepypanda Member

WHYYYY :fragile:

ARGH, US PAIRS :wall:

29. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

My best wishes to both of them and I hope that everything's okay with Mary Beth BUT I have to say dammit dammit dammit!! :(

Was really looking forward to watching them growing together as a pair. So much potential and a whole lot of improvement from last season to now, but not to be anymore, alas! Hope Rockne finds a long-term partner soon.

30. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

This is just shocking! I was not expecting to see this news at all! I really hope Rockne can find another partner. I feel so bad for him. He's a great pairs skater (one of the best in the US for sure) but he can't seem to catch a break. :(