Mark Kerrigan trial has started

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by taf2002, May 19, 2011.

1. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Yes, it definitely was an awkward construction -- which could have been avoided by moving the phrase "during an autopsy" to the end of the sentence:
    The defense said the injury to Daniel Kerrigan's neck could have been caused when emergency medical personnel put a tube down his throat or after he died, when his larynx was removed during an autopsy.

2. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

3. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Wow.

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

He needs treatment in addition to the sentence.
    I hope he receives it.

Sending him home would have done no good.
    He might have attacked someone else.

5. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Kerrigan family is in denial about their son, brother. They need to stop enabling him.

6. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Something about Mark's statement before sentencing really rubbed me the wrong way:

Whatever.... He makes it sound like he is the glue holding the Kerrigan family together or something, when from what people have been saying, he was a hindrance, not a help, to his family up to this point.

7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

It reminded me of the old line about the person who's on trial for killing their parents and asks the court to be kind to them because they're an orphan....

8. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Re Mark Kerrigan's comments to the judge:

Truthfully, when a loved one dies, grieving is never "finished." Too bad in this case, the grieving will always be twofold.

9. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

The last paragraph of both articles:

Nancy Kerrigan won a bronze medal at the 1992 Olympics in Albertville, France, and the silver at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway. At the U.S. Championships in 1994, an assailant clubbed her right knee during practice. An investigation revealed that rival Tonya Harding had knowledge of the planning of the attack.

Great reporting! And so timely too.

10. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Yeah, he makes it sound like finishing grieving is something to check off the to-do list.

11. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I think the prize for most stupid quote needs to go to Mrs Kerrigan: "I never wanted this trial or charges or any attention paid to what happens within my family," she said.

Some one needs to buy her a clue that when someone dies, you don't get to keep it in the family. I find it sad that no one in the Kerrigan clan seems to be on the side of the dead person, only his facilitator. No wants to stand up & say what happened to Daniel Kerrigan was wrong & that Mark did things that should never be done to a loving father by his child.

Unless your father is a monsterous abuser, you don't shove a 70yr old man or put your hands around his throat hard enough to bruise, esp when he has health issues. Most people in Mark's position would be punishing themselves by the regret for their actions. Mark seems most concerned with the piddly sentence he got. He should be thanking God that in about 9 mos he will be able to go back to abusing his family.

12. dupagegal

dupagegal New Member

I think this is a Boston thing. Did Markey boy skate at the SCOB like his sista? LOL

13. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Maybe the victim's wife and family are happy with the outcome, but justice is not for the family alone, but for the VICTIM first and foremost. It is not the family that prosecutes the action in a criminal case, but the State. While I feel for the family, most of all I hope Mark gets clean in jail and the help he clearly needs before he has another opportunity to inflict yet more grief on this family.

O-

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

No it is not a Boston thing. People die in other cities as well.