Marina Klimova & Sergei Ponomarenko's son

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Twilight1, Nov 11, 2012.

1. lulu

lulu New Member

Just kidding. ;) Who would have thought, there are two Linda Leavers in the figure skating world. :p

2. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

Good for them, I wish them all the best!

Does Liza Kulik compete? I saw her in the Disson show on Sunday and she is very talented. She's obviously had more training than someone who is skating just for fun.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Yes, Liza Kulik, who's 11, competed at her first Regionals in Juvenile this past October and was very close to making the Final round -- 5th in SWP Regionals, Juv. qualifying round group D with an excellent score and jumps through 2Lz, but it was the toughest/deepest group (her low spin levels also cost her). If you have an IceNetwork subscription you can watch her compete (she skated #11 of 15).

4. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for the info and best luck to all of them! :cheer: Gabriella and her partner won the 2012 title at the Juvenile level last year.

5. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

What about Viktor Petrenko's daughter - does she compete?

6. Sylvia

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. lala

lala Well-Known Member

So many great Russian skater in US!!!! :eek:

8. Sylvia

9. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Are the Krylova-Camerlengo kids taking skating lessons? :lol:
    Don't waste those good genes! ;)

10. masik

masik New Member

11. lala

lala Well-Known Member

12. lulu

lulu New Member

13. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

There is a video of her skate at the Kulik's Skating site
    http://www.kuliksskating.com/events/2013-southwest-pacific-regional-championships.html

You can see Ilia & Katia behind the boards as she enters.

Love her lutz entrance. It looks just like her Dad's. IMO she got his jumping genes. They really look quite big and easy for her.

14. lulu

lulu New Member

15. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

16. Susan M

Sure, that's always the case at this level - and we're not even looking at triples yet. Still, I couldn't help admiring that deep outside edge on the lutz takeoff. As I watched the Icenetwork video, it was obvious that even some of the best skaters in this group had jumps way too small to expect them to survive. I thought Liza's were among the biggest - but she is likely to be tallish for a singles skater.

17. Artifice

Artifice Guest

Concerning Liza Kulik, it's very pleasant to see a very young skater doing high jumps. So often children who can do double jumps seem to not even take off of the ice !
    So I hope she will pass the bar of triple jumps, wich is highly possible considering her jumps height and the easeness she demonstrates.

18. floskate

floskate Vacant

Thanks for linking the video of Liza Kulik. If she keeps going in the sport, she'll have some superb skating skills and her jumps have such quality to them already. So is Ilia teaching her jumps and Katia skating skills? If so, they're doing a great job with her. It will be interesting to watch her develop. :)

19. Susan M

Don't know about the rest, but it is obvious IMO that he taught her the lutz. The steps into it are identical to the entrance he's always used. I wonder where she is with her edge jumps. I think we only saw an axel here.

20. lulu

lulu New Member

Ilia and Katia have not specifically spoken about coaching Liza. But, according to the December issue of IFS, at their rink, Ilia focuses on teaching jumping technique and Katia focuses on teaching younger skaters and skating skills.

21. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I said the exact same thing when I saw that picture. :D They are too adorable and I'll have to keep my eyes open for them as the years go on.

Sigh...I remember when his Birth Announcement and picture w/Marina and Sergei was posted here.

Talk about feeling old....LOL!!! :D

22. IRIS1975

IRIS1975 New Member

23. Sylvia

Annabelle Morozov won Juvenile Girls at North Atlantic Regionals in October (video link above) and finished 5th at Eastern Sectionals earlier this month (top 4 qualify for Nationals).

ETA:
    I think it was the birth announcement of Anthony Ponomarenko's older brother, Timofei (born 1998), that was posted here. Anthony was born in 2001.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  24. weirfan06

weirfan06 New Member

I know this is old but I haven't been to this site in years...

Sarah Feng is a singles skater that skates at the same rink as Anthony and she caught their eye (the Ponomarenkos). She started dancing with Anthony shortly after. So they didn't really have extensive tryouts I don't think, or the need to import skaters from anywhere. She also has a younger sister who skates. They're homeschooled so they're at the rink a lot. They're nice girls. Anthony goes to school so she gets to skate a lot more than he does.

If you saw their older son, Tim, you'd be like wow, Anthony got Marina's DNA and Tim is ALL Sergei! :)

25. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

She's got talent! She has her mother's posture and lines, and her father's jumps. What level is she at?

ETA: Just saw the earlier post- Juvenile.

26. Sylvia