Marilyn Meeker and Larry Pierce

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Apr 6, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,does anyone know of any surviving pics of those two when they skated Ice-Dance Together. Before Larry took on Diane in 1961.
  2. sailornyanko

sailornyanko New Member

There's a few of them, I've seen my share of them and scanned some of the stuff but none of it is on my laptop. You'll find most photos in the old editions of Skating magazine if you wish to buy them on Ebay.

They were training in the Kansas region, so I'm pretty sure if there's any rare Regionals booklets still out there which I've never seen as of yet, you'll probably find em. I'm pretty sure the Kansas Star newspaper will have competition photos as well.
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Here's Meeker's Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Meeker

Since she and Larry Pierce won the junior dance title at 1959 US Nationals, then the senior silver medal at 1960 Nationals and placed 5th at the 1960 World Championships, there should be historical competition photos of them in existence. However, many such historical skating photos are not on the Internet.
  4. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

There are some photos of the two of them together in the Indelible-whatever coffee-table book that came out around the time of the RISE movie premiere. Not the regular Indelible Tracings book with the story but the all-photos companion volume, which has a slightly different title (can't remember now). Maybe someone can post the link.
  5. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Indelible Images, and yes, there are photos of them.
  6. Sylvia

7. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

I can't access the photos
  8. Sylvia

The photos you asked about are published in the Indelible Tracings book and are not viewable online. The book can be purchased online.
  9. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

There aren't any photos of them at all anywere on-line? What about Ice-Dance.com?
  10. Sylvia

None that we know about because these are old and historic photos from competitions in 1959-1960.