March Madness Baby! NCAA Hoops!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rob, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Well, here were are in March - let's get it started! How is your team doing?

Terps beat Duke last night!!!!!!! We are tied at 12-3 in the ACC (though Dook has a better overall record). Last game is at Virginia this weekend.

2. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

Whoop! Totally excited about the Terps comeback this season. I heard the police were out in riot gear to break up the crowds after the game last night. :lol:

Also rooting for Syracuse and Vandy. Looks like all three will be in the Tourny! :cheer:

3. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Despite our annoying as h*ll loss today, Syracuse should pretty much have a lock on the one seed. I'm pissed because they didn't really play for it today. But I'm not unhappy that they won't be #1 going in to the tournament. Give them a little anger.

4. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Michigan State FTW!

GO GREEN!!!!!! :cheer2:

5. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

That is what I heard, but I didn't see any. But I left by car and went right home - not out and about in College Park.

6. Theatregirl1122

The game against Michigan was endlessly enjoyable. My friends were complaining about how boring it was. I guess you have to be an MSU fan to enjoy watching Michigan score 14 points in a half. I hope you have seen this.

7. Fridge_Break

HA. Yes, I have! And that game was all kinds of awesome :D I loved how into the second half Raymar Morgan had more points than all of the Wolverines combined. :p

8. Theatregirl1122

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: So now instead of heading in to NYC for the rest of the big east tournament, I'm hanging out in Syracuse. My tickets only exist if Syracuse is actually playing.

9. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

Oh that's such a bummer! Can't beleive they lost today. Georgetown's no slouch I guess, but still. Hope Onuaku is ok.

10. Theatregirl1122

We hope he is too. Everything kind of hangs in the balance on that one. Part of the problem with Georgetown is that we've already beaten them twice this year. It really is hard to beat a team three times in one year, even a bad one. And Georgetown is now a bad team.

I'm glad that I have today off to hang out and watch games. This is going to be an exciting weekend. I can't believe that it is time for Selection Sunday already!

11. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Terps @#&^%#! Grrrrrrr.

12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

13. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

GO BUCKEYES!

And the Indiana schools ... er, all 'em but Indiana U itself:

Butler: Mid-Major Buttkickers :kickass:
    Notre Dame: Darkhorse, watch out :watch:
    Purdue: Hobbled, Hummelless Would'abeen Final Four team. Sigh. :(

14. Theatregirl1122

About that...

I'm so annoyed to be traveling today. Today and tomorrow are two of my favorite days of the year. And, of course, after the awesome games earlier today, my two hour layover is during the blowouts.

I'll feel better about it tomorrow when I'm in buffalo watching my #1 seed Orange!

15. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Bahahaha I picked Old Dominion, Murray State AND Ohio! My first-ever bracket is kicking arse!!! Only mistake was picking Richmond over St. Mary's, and I had Richmond in the elite 8 :p

16. Fridge_Break

:lol: My bracket has fallen to shambles. Oh well, there's always next year! (Used to hearing that... lifetime Cubs fan :p )

17. mkats

mkats New Member

OMG WAKE FOREST pulls it out in the last 6 seconds of OT!

18. BrokenAnkle

BrokenAnkle Active Member

Go Gaels! Doubt they'll beat Villanova but still am thrilled!

19. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

This is the first year I didn't think the Big East was overrated so they featured prominently in my brackets, which are now busted. Oh well, yay for the underdogs who've pulled off the upsets.

20. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

No brackets for me -- I couldn't get up any motivation, with my team only making the NIT. :( I will admit to being a little too :biggrinbo about the Big East upsets yesterday -- not very nice of me, but I didn't think that they should have gotten 8 teams in. At least Villanova kept them from being swept -- just barely. What an upset that would have been! :eek: Back to watching updates online.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I feel the same way about the upsets as far as the Big East goes. I am just hoping the ACC has a good showing (except for Duke :EVILLE:)

22. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I can support your wishes for Duke x eleventy billion! :lol:

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  23. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

OK, if you are going to say that, I have to represent for my Alma Mater...

GO GAUCHOS!

:cool:

24. vesperholly

I love brackets. So far I've gotten 19 out of 24 games right and I am killing my work pool. Hooray for Ohio and Murray State! :lol:

25. BrokenAnkle

BrokenAnkle Active Member

Woo hoo, Saint Mary's beat Villanova!

26. mkats

mkats New Member

OMG, KANSAS IS OUT!

:lol: at millions of brackets imploding. mine as well.

27. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I was sitting with a Northern Iowa alumni at a sports bar during that game tonight and he literally ran around the dining area of the restaurant cheering when the game was over, LOL :lol: Our other friends and I were cracking up but I don't blame him for being totally stoked for his team! It was totally awesome and several of the other customers came over to high five him or shake his hand to congratulate him. I usually don't care much about basketball but that was a great game and I'm so happy for my friend. Gotta love the big upsets!! :biggrinbo

28. vesperholly

I had Kansas WINNING the tourney. :fragile:

So far in this round I've gotten Kentucky, Washington and Butler. Sigh ...

29. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

This year I did not participate in the brackets. Just did not have the energy to. I would have picked Kansas to win it all though. So may be it's a good thing I did not pick the brackets.

I felt really bad for Kansas. They had looked so good. My alma mater (one of them) won today- Kansas State. So I will have more interest in watching the sweet sixteen.

30. bek

bek Guest

My cousin is on one of the teams, and he's out. I'm apparently a really bad first cousin according to my brother because I don't watch his games. :lol: