Mao will establish herself best skater ever in next 4 years!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by kwanoverrated, May 3, 2014.

1. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

The great Mao Asada will end these non stop Kwan and Kim uber (the two craziest groups of humans on the planet to begin with) fan wars to who is the best ever. It will soon be neither, but Mao Asada. Mao is going to win another couple world titles and the 2018 OGM, ending any debate who is the best ever. Her Olympic LP and the judges lowballing of her excellent Worlds LP and attempt to gift Julia the title has lit a further fire in her. She will be in the judges face and wont go away until they give her the scores she deserves, and since that will take a long time she will win many more titles, and be around for the 2018 OGM. She is also probably pissed about this non stop hype of the Russian babies, most who are farces and overscored (Julia, Adelina) and she will want to stick it to them and show them who who is the real queen of the sport.

2. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Unfortunately for Mao, I believe she allowed her final opportunity of Olympic gold to slip through her fingers in Sochi. Given her scoring the last season even for faulty performances, the judges proved that they were willing to reward her in Russia if she delivered, but it was not meant to be. Her greater maturity and more elegant choreography and programs in addition to her great technical difficulty last season would have prevailed her over the younger Russian wonderladies in Sochi had she hit. An injured Kostner was flailing all season prior to the Games and had fallen out of favor on the judges' scorecards and all season (and almost all quad) absent Kim exhibited listless, emotionless skating due to the fact that she didn't even want to be competing in Sochi. Asada self-destructed in both her SP skates at the Games and as a result took herself out of the medal picture. I'm convinced that the judges had no idea what to do with Carolina at Sochi. They clearly were not expecting her to arrive in the amazing shape and competitiveness that she was in and the initial plan was to not award her a medal because they were expecting her to meltdown again at an Olympics. They did not expect Mao to be the one to meltdown, but it happened in 2 SP performances. Alas, Asada will only grow older and her competition will only get better and tougher. It's all sad for her and her fans, but c'est la vie.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  3. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

Sochi was never a chance. The judging was fixed for sotnikova or lipnitskaya to win, no matter what anyone else did. 2010 likewise was never a chance as Kim was too good there. 2006 would have been a huge chance but was taken away by the age rule. 2018 will be a way better chance, and probably by far her best (and really only one) yet, despite her age. Remember Irina Slutskaya's best chance at Olympic gold also came at 27 in 2006, as she only needed to stand up a 5 triple program to win it, and Irina isnt half the talent that Mao is.

4. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Your argument would maybe have a small chance of holding weight if Asada had managed to skate anywhere close to clean and still lost to the Russian ladies, but that is nowhere close to what happened in reality. Mao took herself out of it.

5. grassroots39

grassroots39 Member

He/she doesnt need to see that happen to know the scoring in Sochi was fixed for the Russian ladies no matter what. The ridiculous scores Julia and Adelina received all Olympics long are already proof anyone to anyone with half a brain. Not to mention Mao did skate a great LP and was scored way behind Sotnikova, and her draw is no excuse.

6. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Were you the person who stole my crystal ball?

7. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

You had me for a while,

And then you lost me there

8. grassroots39

grassroots39 Member

Irina had no line, grace, extension, beauty, and even questionable techique. I dont know why you would be surprised most people would consider Mao far more talented than Irina. Mao didnt even come close to maxing out her potential (if her career is nearly over which is more likely than OP proposition), and still won 3 world titles and would have won the 06 Olympic gold to go with her Oly silver without the age rule, which speaks volumes to her amazing talent.

9. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

But the new rule is a big disadvantage towards Mao. If Mao comes back in 2018, I wonder if Koreans would rather let Mao or the Russian girls get the gold. They hate both equally I suppose. But Yuna would be unlikely to come back that year.

10. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

I dont think the Koreans hate Mao. They probably hate Adelina but no way she even makes the next Games anyway, so I think even Russia will be fine with the entrants they have. Whoever skates best (as long as Adelina isnt somehow there and doesnt somehow skate best which is unlikely when she couldnt even do that at her peak in 2014) will win. I hope it is Mao who I love so much. One of my all time favorites.

11. coraczek

coraczek Member

Japanese and Korean poople don't like each other. That's the fact, which is rooted deeply in the history of those two countries. I don't know however, if it has an impact on the hate towards the athletes. It might.

12. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

What do you have to say about crazy Mao ubers? Your post is crazier than the average Kwan or Kim post.

You talk like the 2018 panel of judges will be made up of Koreans. I don't think that will happen.

13. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

Mao fans dont start polls everyday "who is better Kim or Kwan" "Kim is best ever" "Kwan is best ever" like Kwan and Kim ubers do. Yu Na Kim is winning most underscored skate ever poll right now, which says it all about crazy Kim ubers. Kwan ubers, well you are one yourself so you will be blind to them but non Kwan ubers will know what I mean. Mao fans are humble and reasonable, just like Mao herself.

14. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Ummm. Don't we need a reality check? Mao is 50-50 on retirement and Yu Na has retired. Regarding Mao, I would suppose she is at least taking next season off: I had read she is committing to school and doing a lot of shows.

15. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

The original statement was "Irina isn't half the talent that Mao is"

To me that's a lame statement

I don't care who won what and who had better Line and beauty or whatever.

16. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

I am afraid that's the case. And what a pity, because Mao and Yuna themselves don't seem to bear any grudge against each other.
    Personally I don't think Mao will come back. The new rules will only harm her. And she had 3 world titles already, she said she was very content If I remember correctly. Russian girls will likely to dominate the next quad, I suppose.

17. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

But you ARE the ones starting these polls, Blanche..you are!

18. begin34

begin34 New Member

Not sure where everyone here is getting their info but Korean ubers would much rather Mao win an OGM in Pyeongchang. The ultra-nationalists stopped dictating public opinion re-figure skating quite a while ago.

As much as I would love for her to stay, Mao's health would be a very likely impediment. If she were to cut her technical repertoire in the slightest, I'm sure judges would have no problem in shafting her for one of the younger skaters (although it would be entertaining to see jmedia backpedaling on all their adoration for Russian skaters).

19. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

Pretty sure they'd want Park to win over both Asada and the Russians.

Anyways, If Asada goes for another Olympics and is in good shape, I don't mind bribing some judges at this point ;)

20. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

Yeah that's why I said they dislike Mao and the Russians equally. :lol: But at this rate it's unlikely that Mao will come back. The new edges rules will only harm her. She can stay for another season, but some Russian girls are going for 3A and 4T already. Unless she trained for 4T, or else it would be difficult to stay on the podium with all the young ladies with 4T.

21. kwanoverrated

kwanoverrated Member

The current corrupt ISU that is making new rules to try and push Mao out of the sport will soon be bankrupt and replaced by a wonderful new fair governing body so no worries about that.

22. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

I keep on reading that there are new rules, but what are they exactly? I haven't found any new rules that have been implemented yet...

23. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

I am afraid that won't happen in another 10 years.

24. Fiero425

Fiero425 Member

It can't have much to do with a reduced schedule, that's for sure! Kim has been missing in action from what little I've watched of figure skating the last 3 years! :lol:

25. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

26. Amy03

Amy03 Member

All the young Russian with 4t and 3A, which Russian??? Talk is one thing, but I have not seen a single 3A or quad from any female other then Asada for ages, not even a practice clip let alone seen other female skaters land one in competition. To expect the Russian skaters to suddenly have a 3A and quad is quite optimistic.

The edge rule is not gonna make that much of a difference it's just 1 or 2 points that's maybe lost, hardly a significant change of situation. Mao has dominated during times where the rules were much more disadvantageous to her then now, and she overcame that, this should be a piece of cake in comparison.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  27. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I think the OP's posts in this thread to be seriously ironic.

28. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva did a perfect 3A since she was 12. You can find the video on youtube.
    She lost it now due to puberty but she might gain it back, her coach is Mishin so you know. She said she will go for the 4T if possible. And she is the only young ladies with perfect clear edges until now. She is good at all 6 jumps. But i am not very optimistic about her future, since she had to suffer from injuries for quite long.

Adelina said she woukd go for the 4T. Her jumps are huge, not as good as Liza but she has the potential to do it. And if Adelina goes for it, then no way Radionova will not go for it.

Yulia are also reported to land 4T in practice. I am not sure about the quality if her jumps, though.

It's a race out there between the Russian ladies.

29. Amy03

Amy03 Member

I will believe it when I see it. Good luck to them.

30. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I am a huge Mao fan but I find your post laughable.