Man Stung by Scorpion on Plane

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DarrellH, Jun 30, 2011.

1. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/us-man-stung-scorpion-commercial-flight-180744819.html

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf-ing scorpions on this motherf-ing plane!

2. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

:eek:

Scorpions remind me of that old Atari game, Pitfall, in which the hero swings on vines through the jungle, runs across disappearing lakes and jumps on the heads of alligators. If you go underground, you have to outrun a scorpion, and if it stings you the music goes "dum da dum dum DUUUUUUUM!" and then you die.

I have no idea where this non sequitur came from :shuffle:

3. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Bwa ha ha, that was my first thought when I saw your subject line!

4. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Maybe Ellis was trying to recline his seat and the passenger behind him decided to get even. :EVILLE: Perfectly logical, especially if Ellis didn't ask and the passenger behind him was a 7-foot tall basketball player with bad knees who was trying to use a laptop while drinking hot coffee.

:p

5. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

My DD flew over Easter break and her first flight to Newark was evacuated because someone saw a scorpion on the plane. Delayed them an hour while they removed the little beastie and checked for other stowaways.

A flight attendant said they're common in Texas (which was the stop before DD's city) Passengers bring more carry-on these days, which they place on the ground where the scorpions can easily snoop.

6. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Great - thanks - one more reason to dislike air travel.....

7. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Georgia is overridden with wood scorpions - the house I grew up in was surrounded by several acres of woods, and we used to find them in our house all the time, especially in the sinks, the laundry hampers (they love damp places and seek moisture during hot weather), inside our shoes from time to time, and for some crazy reason, inside the ceiling light fixtures.

I've been stung twice - once while sorting my laundry for the wash, and once while laying out in the yard (it was under the towel and stung me on my leg). They're not deadly like desert scorpions, but they still hurt like a mofo - far worse than any bee sting I've ever had.

8. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Now, now, he paid for his seat, so both he and the scorpion have the right to recline if they so choose. No need to ask for permission. :D

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

:lol: My first thought was that Samuel L. Jackson knows what his next movie role is.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

:lol: