Man Buries Fiance Alive: "I Was Only Trying To Scare Her"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Dec 10, 2011.

1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

What other uplifting examples of "two wrongs make a right" do others have to share?

:p

2. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I think we got that, well, I did, and think it's a disgusting thing to even think about doing.

3. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Those of you who can forgive that, I'll be the first to admit that you are better people than me. If some a-hole tried that with me and I lived....I'm not Gandhi or Jesus. After the mental and physical trauma of that sort of sociopathic terrorizing (tazered and buried alive?!?) I would hurt the guy. Badly. Can't say how, but it would happen. I wouldn't rely on the general population of a prison to do it for me.

4. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I don't think anyone has said the victim has to or should forgive him. My problem is with the idea that the authorities should punish him more than the lawful sentence by spreading lies in the prison. That makes us no better than he is.

5. moojja

moojja Active Member

It doesn't actually matters that much, at least according to this article:
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...molesters_tormented_in_american_prisons_.html

To quote the article: "Most jailhouse assaults happen because the victim violated prison norms, not because of the crime he committed on the outside. Those who steal tobacco, disrespect the members of an opposing gang, or snitch are in for a much rougher ride than the average molester."

In prison, don't steal cigarettes.

6. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

To me most if not all crime cries out for justice but sometimes the crime is so brutal and cruel that I think it cries out for revenge. Our countries have laws in place for humane punishment so the "me's" of the world will settle for justice and that is good. But I must be honest in telling you that I want those two individuals to feel the terror that poor woman felt when she was attacked and buried alive. Even if the terror lasts...say two minutes. Hence the general prison population/ pedophile suggestion.....I don't say I'm right but I am being honest about how I feel about this.

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Yes, I know that.

I really have a problem with comments about letting "prison justice" take care of problems. It distances the person making the statement from the full impact of what they want to happen. You're talking about lying about someone's crime in the hopes that direct violence will befall them - why not just be honest and say you want to do to them what they did to the woman? Why make other people accomplices to your revenge fantasy?

8. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Your reply seemed to indicate that you didn't get the suggestion from that poster.

That's what these types of threads always bring into play. When there's a terrible crime, someone always makes a suggestion that the culprit should be punished outside of the justice system. The posts often become sick fantasies of torture unto themselves.

9. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I was ignoring it to make a point.

10. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I think these 2 were on drugs. There is no logic to what they did if they were truly trying to get rid of her. I actually believe their goal was to terrorize her. The penalty they would have to pay after their thrill (especially if she had died) doesn't seem to have entered their heads.

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

If you torture me (or my people)...I torture you? An eye for an eye kind of thing?

I admit I have inappropriate thoughts about punishment that should befall certain individuals (which involve snipers and the uber-uber-uber-rich). But then I do my best to get a grip on myself and realize that elimination of that kind of person does not remedy the problem and I try to think about ways to eliminate the problem rather than those who bring about that problem... Still working on it... :shuffle:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:shuffle:

This just proves I spend too much time in the PI forum. :saint:

When I lived in UK, I maintained no contact with any Polish people other than one close friend and made a lot of effort to speak with a British accent. :p

:rolleyes:

How about you hit yourself on the head with a big hammer instead of wishing violence inflicted on other people?

Congrats, this puts you on an equal level with the perpetrator of that crime.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  13. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

You are right of course. If I want an eye for an eye then I should be the one to punish them and I don't want to be anywhere near them.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

If you told the prison population that they were pedophiles and let them loose, they would have far more than 2 minutes of pain, and would have a high chance of being murdered themselves.

That may be what you're going for, but I don't think you quite understand what you're saying.

15. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member