Maksim Trankov's father has passed away

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

{{{Maksim}}}

3. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Oh, that's sad... Was he close to his father? Though I'm sure it's difficult for him even if they weren't.

I hope that regardless of the result, V/T will have a performance to be proud of.

4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

(((Maxim)))
    I can't imagine competing after just losing my father. I hope they can do their best.

5. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I wish them the best.

6. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Oh, sad news. Condolences. :(

7. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Sorry to hear that. :(

8. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

There's never a good time to lose a parent, but this is awful timing. Hope he & Tatiana pull through and skate well in Zagreb.

9. Pavla2304

Pavla2304 Active Member

Maxim, sincere condolences...:( I think that Maxim is very close to his parents. I am sure that his dad was so proud of his sons... So sad and sudden.. Awful, that he cannot be by his mother's side, I hope his brother is with her.
    Devasting:( It is gonna to be very difficult to skate their sexy and funny SP... I am sure that Tanya will help him a lot

10. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Don't forget about J. Rochette and Mao Asada. They were also so strong.

11. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Oh boy :( It wasn't that long ago that Maxim posted something related to his dad on Twitter, I don't recall what maybe his own Twitter account or Instagram..., I remember thinking they looked alike. It just makes it more evident that it was unexpected.

(((Maxim)))

12. Hindernisse

Hindernisse Well-Known Member

Yes. His dad visited him in Moscow just last week.

Aweful news. My condonlences to Maxim and his family.

13. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

(((Maxim))) What terrible news.

14. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I am very sorry to hear this. My sympathies to Maxim and his family at this difficult time.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was an ordinary cheering thread (like Plushenko's or Chan's) that usually belongs to the Trash can, so I was not going to open it. I am glad that I opened this thread.

It would be better to state in the thread title what this is really about (the news of Maxim's father passing away, or just 'a sad news for Maxim'- something like that)

15. Vash01

Is he still going to compete at the Europeans? It will be tough.

16. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

This is so sad to know!!! :(

Thanks god he has strong support next to him. I'm sure tania will be there for him. All the time.

Max be strong for you dad and for your family!

We love you so much

17. Pavla2304

Pavla2304 Active Member

Yes, they plan to compete, Maxim will leave after LP to attend his dad funeral...

18. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

(((((Maxim)))))
    So sorry to hear this news.

19. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Oh no!!! His Dad posted all the time on Russian forum @fsonline. He had strong opinions, controversial sometimes, but he had been a big presence there for years, and his absence will be felt very strongly. RIP. My deepest condolences to Maxim. I am so used to think of Maxim's Dad as youthful and vigorous, an ardent defender of his son, a former elite athlete himself... ((( Maxim)))

20. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

My heartfelt condolences go to Maxim and his family. :(

21. masofs

masofs New Member

So sad. (((Maxim))) :(

22. Carina

Carina Member

:( Maxim. Brave to compete at Euros, hope he not fell apart in a couple of days, when it starts to sink what really happend. RIP, Maxims dad.

23. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

This news made me teary when reading them at the Russian news thread. :(
    It’s always the hardest stroke of fate to lose close relatives, but it’s even worse when it was not possible to be with them to say goodbye. He has my deep compassion. Condolences to Maxim and all the best for Euros and for overcoming this big loss.

24. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Maxim's father came across as an extremely proud, supportive parent, of both of his children. I am sure this is going to be a very hard time, and a very tough competition for V/T, and my thoughts to his sons and wife.

25. Vash01

Is there any detail on the cause of death? Did Maxim's father have an illness like heart trouble or something else? Was this sudden? Regardless, it must be tough for the family.

26. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for Maxim and his family. :(

27. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I have not seen anything official. However, it seemed unexpected ( he was building a house for his family outside of Perm), and Leonid Trankov had a history of heart trouble.

28. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Sad news indeed. My condolences to Maxim and his family.

29. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

What sad news! :wuzrobbed My deepest and heartfelt sympathies to Maxim and his family. Wishing lots of strength and peace of mind to Max and his loved ones during this very difficult time. Max, all of your fans love you with all of our hearts! <3 Recovering from this loss will certainly not be easy, as Joannie and Mao have discovered, but happy memories and lessons learned from our loved ones never die and hopefully, with time, it will be a little easier to cope with what has happened.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  30. lulu

lulu New Member

My condolences to Maxim and his family. :(