Make it or Break it returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by judiz, Mar 29, 2011.

1. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch Make it or Break it last night? A few ??? for me, since when does anyone from the gymnastics association (or whatever they call it on MIOBI) care about Emily's living arrangements? They didn't care last year when their electricity was cut off or they had no money to pay their phone bill and now it's "poor Emily has to sleep in the living room?" What's with Carter turning his back on the Rock? I understand he's mad at Lauren but what did Emily or Payson ever do to him and I thought he still loved Kaylie?

2. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I taped it, but haven't watched it yet. But I'm glad it's back!

3. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I watched.

Kaylie's storyline is going really well. I like that things aren't going to be wrapped up all nice and easy right away.

The whole dance scene with Carter/Kelly and Lauren/Max was just cringeworthy, but oh so hilarious.

Max/Payson has some potential (I still want Sasha/Payson, but Payson deserves a romance with a guy her own age for now). I just hope they don't drag out a Payson/Max/Lauren triangle. I already hate Lauren. She screws with Payson and I'll be rooting for the character's demise.

Speaking of Lauren, can you believe she had the audacity to try to pin the whole tape thing on Kaylie? Good gods, she just has no remorse. There better be a comeuppance for her this season. And not just a slap on the wrist. I'm talking real consequences.

I almost didn't recognize Austin with that hairstyle.

I find the whole Emily arrest storyline a little odd. Any pharmacy would've sold Emily 2 pills to tide her brother over until he could get medical help. Hell, my pharmacy professor said that a lot of times, the places he's worked wouldn't even charge in a circumstance where someone is on the verge of having a seizure.

4. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I'd be fine if Lauren died. Really. It would make the show more watchable. There is nothing likable or redeemable about her.

5. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I thought it was strange that the pharmacist didn't tell Emily to call an ambulance and take Brian to the hospital for treatment.

6. Hannahclear

Hannahclear Well-Known Member

I have to watch it on Hulu tonight! I'm so excited for my favorite brainless escape!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  7. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

Ditto.
    Unfortunately, spoilers for the next five episodes have her getting away with a lot more nonsense with absolutely no consequences of any kind.

8. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

finally watched - yes, the Lauren/Max-Carter/Kelly dance off was totally cringeworthy, but in the best possible way :lol:

Digging the Max/Payson stuff. Pay deserves a boyfriend! and no way is Sasha really leaving :drama:

Lauren is....the same Lauren :blah: still battling with her inherent awfulness and occasional moments of clarity to generate sympathy, and then right back to her worthless horrid self again, sigh.

Kelly Parker and her Bjork mini-buns :revenge:

oh, and if anyone was thinking of heading to wikipedia to refresh their memory, be warned that a LOT of what's happening this season is already listed :rolleyes:

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I forget why Carter is so mad at the Rock

10. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Not so much mad at the Rock but mad at Lauren, guess he's unable to continue training in same gym as her after all her nonsense.

11. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten whatever their blow up was.

12. bek

bek Guest

I wish they'd dump Lauren and have Kelly Parker take her place. Kelly's way more likeable bad girl.

13. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I think the final straw was stealing Emily's floor choreography or constantly throwing Kaylie and Austin in his face.

14. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I think it was Emily's floor choreography specifically, now that you mention it.

Not that it made any sense that Carter would want to be with Lauren anyway. The actors had 0 chemistry.

15. genevieve

Carter doesn't really have chemistry with anyone. In fact, of all the gymnasts, Emily is the only one who has chemistry - with Razor, with Damon, with Kaylie's brother, with Austin...Payson better not let Max spend any time with her or he'll be under her spell too!

16. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

Half an hour into tonight's ep and I already want to punch Lauren in the face repeatedly. Also want to punch the new coach in the face.

17. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^
    Agreed! Who is this coach?

18. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Lauren is soooooo insufferable.

I kinda like Darby though, except for her bff-ness with Lauren.

Sasha needs to come back. I miss his scenes with Payson and with Kim.

There's something really whiny about Emily. I wasn't noticing it last season, but I am now.

19. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

Every time Darby says something ridiculously cheery and says "Yaaaay!" like a five-year-old, I want to slap her off the screen. Ugh. Sasha, come back, FAST.
    Apparently he'll be back in three episodes (the fifth back from hiatus), but that seems way too long to suffer through Darby. Ick.

20. Theatregirl1122

If something happens between Damon and Kaylie, I will kill this show.

21. Cloudy_Gumdrops

As a Kaylie/Austin shipper, I agree. :D

Damon is cute, but I don't like Damon/Emily. I guess Emily just bores me.

22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I'm watching and thinking, why wasn't one of the assistant coaches promoted to head coach when Sasha left? How could the NGO tell Emily she can't have a job after they saw how the family lives? Is the NGO going to restore Emily's scholarship? When did Payson regain her gymnastic skills?

23. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I don't mind Emily, but I think she has zero chemistry with Damon. I've been spoiled for pretty much the whole season, but I'm still curious to know how it will play out.

I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Lauren. She's clearly very troubled but I kinda like seeing how twisted she can be. Her little speech to her father last night was a good example. I hate Steve though, and I hate Steve and Summer even more.

24. Hannahclear

Hannahclear Well-Known Member

Ah Lauren is such a sociopath......

I can't wait till we finish this side plot and return the delicious Sasha to where he belongs.

25. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

Holy cow. Just started watching part 1 of the new Upstairs Downstairs, and there's coach Sasha Beloff pretending he is chauffeur to the Holland family. He needs to quit and hightail it back to the Rock and smack some sense into Lauren, stat.

26. genevieve

Because that would involve any semblance of sense and reality :lol:

I'm already bored with the new coach, who acts younger than the gymnasts.

27. Theatregirl1122

How did everyone miss the opportunity to snark about the fact that Lauren has already learned Emily's routine.

28. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Okay, so yeah. I kinda like the idea of Kaylie/Damon. They've got a hell of a lot more chemistry than he has with Emily.

I'm souring on Max because of his interest in Lauren. Why can't Payson have a guy interested in just her?

I'm soooooo sick of Lauren playing the mommy card. I hope it loses its effectiveness eventually.

Emily is so annoying lately. She really needs to lay off her mom. She's just coming across as an ungrateful little brat.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  29. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

The best thing about this week's episode is that
    it's the last week we'll have to suffer without Sasha Belov! He's baaaack next week, thank God.

30. genevieve

god, when will
    they reveal that Emily's pregnant?? We never see Emily doing gymnastics anymore, or even out of a damned baggy hoodie - except one shot at the meet where the baby pooch was clearly visible!

I was aggravated at how Lauren even got Summer to fall into her "I promise this is the last time" routine - but thrilled that in the end she sees through Lauren's schtick.

I know the guys are totally secondary, but I wish they'd at least pretend that these meets involved male gymnasts too. And what's up with Max practicing the parallel bars in cargo shorts :lol:

Can't wait for
    sasha's return!!!!!!!!