Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue loooovvvvee thread!!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by mysticchic, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

3. blancanieves

blancanieves Active Member

4. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

There had been a thread for them at one point, but thank you for starting this one! I love this team, they bring such energy to the ice and they have improved so much. I'm rooting for them!

5. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

I've liked this team from the time they got together, so I was very happy to see them win a medal at Skate Canada. In the process they established new ISU personal bests in all three categories (short dance, free dance and overall score), so the judges are recognizing their improvement. Congratulations to them!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I REALLY like this team. I am very impressed with them this season, I think she is an exceptional skater and once they both get more mileage, they could be really really good. What I like about them is that these guys have the basics, they skate well, they are a good partnership, and they show ambition on the ice.

7. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

I'm a fan too, and have been since first seeing Madi & Zach. They are such a striking pair, and have such great chemistry on ice!

Has anyone heard yet how Madi is doing following Skate Canada? I'm worried about the bad hip pain she was experiencing, and this coming after her concussion this summer. Any news yet?

8. jiejie

jiejie Active Member

One of my favorite FD's of the season so far. I had no idea Madison was hurting, hope they pace their training carefully and let her heal up. They've got a real shot at making the US Olympic Team and hopefully won't overstress their bodies this early in the season.

9. blancanieves

I imagine any diagnosis would be kept close to the vest. But they did mention at the SC FD Press conference that they'd be taking the following week off.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. kuzytalent

kuzytalent Active Member

I hope they get that 3rd spot on the Olympic team. I am a bit worried about them losing to the Shibutanis at Skate America, and that might mean that Shibutanis have the edge for that 3rd spot. I really hope that isn't what it means.

Are they a couple off the ice? It wouldn't surprise me.

11. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Just popping to congrat the two on winning their first GP medal. Well done, kids.

12. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

I wasn't a big fan at first, but they have really grown on me. I am so impressed by their progress and i really really like them. I can tell they put a lot of effort into actually dancing their SD, and i thoroughly enjoyed theirs in spite of the fall. I hope Madi is healing nicely and i can't wait to see how this season unfolds for them. I would love it if the US olympic team was composed of D&W, the Shibutanis, and H&D. *fingers crossed*

And congrats on their first GP medal!:cheer2:

13. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM Member

Good to see there's a "love" thread for this team! I liked them since their first season together.
    Their SD this season is so enjoyable and the FD is my favorite by anyone I've seen so far this season. Really beautiful.

I hope Madison's injury isn't serious.

Congrats Madi and Zach! Hopefully it's just the first of many to come.

I'm rooting for them to get that Olympic third spot.

14. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I'd like to see Hubbell/Donohue finish #2 at 2014 US Nats. :swoon:

15. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

I love their programs this year. I REALLY want them to make the Olympic team. Here's hoping that Madison's injury responds to some well deserved R&R

16. blancanieves

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  17. mysticchic

18. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

So sweet of her! I love them too, especially the FD! One of my faves this year!

19. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

20. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I think Madison & Zach are :hat1::cool::encore::watch:

21. semogal

Any reports on Madison's injury? I am hoping it was minor and all she needed was some rest.

22. mysticchic

Just what Zach needs! Another kitty! I know he has one, Madi has one also! and Madi is resting but still training

23. keep n spin n

keep n spin n Member

Great Article and Blog by Madison Hubbell. :) I hope she heals quickly and shows the world that she is one of the top ice dancing women in the world. Sounds like they have a strong partnership and isn't it great that Zach is so strong for her, when she needed it the most. IceNetwork http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/12/03/64354274

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  24. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

I am so impressed with Madison and her positive outlook! I had no idea her hip pain was that bad and bless her (and Zach) for being so strong through it all. I have been rooting for them for a while now and am looking forward to seeing them at Nationals. Really hoping they make the Olympic team, I would love to see their programs at the games. Whatever happens I wish them nothing but the best, they are a wonderful ice dance team and I really love their connection and support for one another.

25. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

I'm not happy that she was in pain, but I am happy to hear that there was a reason for their weak performance and I look forward to a real show down at Nationals.

26. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Another skater with a torn labrum. She will have surgery after the Olympics. It's too close to have surgery before the Olympics, but the pain level can be managed in the short term. They will try to make the team and then have the surgery as soon as the season is over. Then she will have four more years to get back into Olympic shape.

27. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Poor girl, I didn't realize the pain was that severe! I hope she's getting the rest she needs to be ready for Nationals (and I'm hoping the Olympics).

Glad to hear she has such great support around her.

28. semogal

Wow, Madison is a very gutsy lady. I hope that her injury doesn't flare up and that she can compete strongly at Nationals. I REALLY want these 2 on the Olympic team. I love their programs this year.

On another note, what is up with all these labrum injuries? I can understand it with the other disciplines because of all the jumps. But what would cause it in Dance? The spread eagle positions or the stupid "haircutter, grab your blades" moves?

29. blancanieves

Is surgery always required for this injury?

30. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

It's amazing how much they've accomplished and what high scores they've gotten this season even with such little training and Madison in such pain. Now that the pain appears manageable and they're actually training again, just imagine how good they'll look at Nats.