Maclean's Article on Virtue/Moir

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by kwanfan1818, Oct 31, 2010.

1. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I don't see this online yet, but Maclean's magazine has a three-page print interview with photos entitled "Secret struggles of our skating sweethearts" on Virtue and Moir in their November, 8 2010 edition. It was tabloidy-ish, and I couldn't resist. At first I thought it was going to be about the women's singles skaters. It's part of the publicity for their new book, "Tessa and Scott: Our Journey from Childhood Dream to Gold" which according to the article, comes out next week. (Next week in real time? Or the week after November 8?)

In the interview they talk about the pain Virtue suffered since the first operation in 2008 and why they didn't let on about it, how they didn't speak for a few months after that surgery and how they had to reconnect over time, how this surgery differs from the others, Virtue's competitive nerves, what their plans are going forward, and how they've felt since the Olympics.

A couple of quotes,

Hopefully there will be a link in the coming weeks.

2. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Thank you!! Can you please quote the article on how this surgery differs from last time? and what they said about having to reconnect? I don't think I can wait a week :p

3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

The having to reconnect part is covered in a number of Q&A's, and if I posted the quotes, I would violate all of the quoting/copyright rules, so you'll have to wait for that one (unless you're at the checkout counter at London Drugs and can peek at pages 14-15 ;))

She said she her recovery was further along than the last time, and talked about how this time there's no Olympic pressure to come back before she's 100%.

4. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

Haha, okay thanks :) I'll look for it!