Lu Chen's Documentary

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by smarts1, Jan 7, 2011.

1. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

Bronxfan and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I had no idea about the depth of her depression. That piece was terrific and I don't think I'll ever see the bronze quite the same again. Thanks smarts for providing the link and the heads-up.

3. Bronxfan

Bronxfan Active Member

Excellent and heartbreaking! Thank you for posting this, because I do not get Universal Sports where I live.

4. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I already knew the story, but it was still emotional to watch. Classic Bud Greenspan.

5. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

thank you v. much for this.
    nagano olympics in 1998 was probably the best competition in history for me ...
    a heart warming story :)

6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ah, thanks for the link. Lulu's performance/story/result was definitely the highlight of the Nagano Olympics for me, and it's nice to be reminded of her triumph in overcoming so much to re-attain her place at the top of the sport.

Still tickled after 23 years (whoa, 23 years!) that Lulu and Candeloro each came from left field to defend their bronze medals. (Poor Maria ... but, man, she skated sooooo stiffly and brittly back then.)

7. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

dear beefcake, after 13 years not 23 years ... haha

i got a shock for a while ...

i still remember watching it at home 13 years ago as a high school student though ...

every olympics brings with it so many memories indeed

8. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I had never imagined that the skater's performance that would have made me the happiest in the '98 Olympics was Lu Chen getting her second bronze. There's so much more to this sport than gold medals.

9. Ilvskating

Ilvskating New Member

wow, it still moves me so much! Love Lulu's performance, definitely the highlight of the 98 olympics for me.