LP score = 2 x SP score?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by kukkura, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kukkura

kukkura Member

I was wondering if there are any top level singles skaters whose best LP score is more than 2 x their best SP score? Isn't that how they should be proportioned, SP 1/3 and LP 2/3 of the total?

I checked the PB's of all the Top 12 ladies and men from Vancouver and found none. The best LP/SP ratios are for Akiko Suzuki (197,3%) and Laura Lepistö (196,3%). That's also weird, because men's LP is longer with an extra jumping pass. The best male ratio is for Takahashi (194,8%) and most of the others are below 190%.

The worst ratio for the 24 skaters I checked is Kiira Korpi (169,0%) but in Vancouver she was one of the very few who actually scored more than 2/3 of her total points in the LP.

2. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Do you count Nationals scores? If so, Joannie's LP score at the 2010 Nationals is more than 2x her best SP score

ETA: Shawn Sawyer also more than doubled his best SP score in international competition
    ETA2: And Ryan Bradley as well

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Will taking a step sequence/spiral sequence out of the SP make any difference? Maybe up to 4 points gone from some SPs?

4. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Ok, this is all I think of at the moment:

Men: Adrian Schultheiss, Jeremy Ten, Kristoffer Berntsson, Javier Fernandez, Shawn Sawyer, Ryan Bradley
    Ladies: Kimmie Meissner, Diane Szmiett