LOST FINALE

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by genevieve, May 21, 2010.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

omg omg omg it's almost here!

If you've got spoilers - keep 'em to yerself (or use spoiler tags).

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I heard that the bomb they set off is the true story and every single person ends up dead.[\spoiler]

P.S. Did I do the spoiler tags correctly??

:p

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  3. genevieve

:lynch: don't make me hurt you. I haven't forgiven you for single-handedly getting Happy Town canceled :mad:

4. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:lol:

That's twice in one day you've made me laugh.

P.S. Re: Happy Town: You're welcome! :rofl:

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

GULP It's almost here! Unreal!

6. walei

walei Well-Known Member

SOOOOO EXCITED!!

However I'm a bit disappointed in how some of the island mysteries were explained... so I think I am going to focus my enjoyment on the resolutions of the Losties instead.

You should listen in on my conversation with my brother regarding the mysteries. We decided that by the end all unexplained questions will be answered by 'Cuz of super God light...'

7. genevieve

Some more Ben fun (not as good as the Letterman Top 10 IMO but still) :p

8. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying reading all the tribute articles (non-spoilery) to LOST. Here's a good one:

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/20/1958463/at-its-core-lost-was-all-about.html

"Lost" was a show we had to see to believe and even now, six seasons later, it defies description. Go ahead and try to explain it to a non-"Lostie": "Well, it's a drama about faith-versus-reason, redemption and salvation, supernatural beings, time travel, religion, philosophy, electromagnetism, lottery numbers, hatches, dead fathers, smoke monsters, frozen donkey wheels ..." Oh, just rent the darn DVDs!

and

"Lost," we soon realized, wasn't just a sprawling serial drama. It was a complex, multisided Rubik's Cube that dared you to crack it. And some viewers spent more time trying to do just that than they did on their college dissertations.

9. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Sooooo I wonder if Desmond is going to some how go down into the light(for some reason), since he has the resistance.

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Aside from all the other interviews etc, we have 8 1/2 hours of Lost this weekend - 2 hour pilot, 2 hour recap, 2 1/2 hour finale, 1 hour Kimmel special!

11. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Not sure how spoilery this is but during a short preview, Lindecuse said

Widmore was lying when he said Jacob visited him

12. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

The pilot has SO much more meaning for me now that I know more of what happened in later seasons. For example, one part was when Claire finally felt her baby kick again after the crash and Jin was the only Lostie standing there so he felt it with her. Jin never got to meet his own baby so I got a little teary there. *sob* :wuzrobbed

And now they're heading up the big hill and Sawyer just shot the polar bear. I DON'T WANNA SAY GOODBYE YET LOST!!!!! :fragile:

13. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Heather, do what we're doing. Son and I are watching the first season over again - we're now up to the raft's first days at sea and Artz exploding. :lol: Good times.

Oh, and I've noticed that Smokey doesn't like dynamite. (Jack tossed it down the hole when Smokey had Locke to get Locke free.

Did we ever figure out what the little black wisps of smoke were? They were all over the place first season? Could smokey send out bits of himself? :confused:

14. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I wish I could but I don't have time tomorrow. I won't even get to watch the recap tomorrow night because I have to be at church for youth group (I'm a counselor). I'm recording it all though so I'll watch it eventually and I'll be home with plenty of time to watch the finale with everyone here. :D I do want to start watching the series all over again but that may be my summer project between baseball games. :biggrinbo

15. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Less than 24 hours to go - I can hardly believe we are so close to the end!! Also looking forwards to the Jimmy Kimmel show - the alternative endings should be interesting!!

16. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Watching that pilot was a trip. Those six years went by more easily in real life than for the Losties, I've got to admit.

I didn't remember how loathesome Sawyer seemed in the first few episodes. He was definitely the stereotype redneck jerk. That character's evolution was one of the best of any on the show, I think.

And reading the subtitles made me realize just how much detail and plot there was, I couldn't even remember some of the things they alluded to. What a Chinese puzzle box of a show!

17. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I've always wondered - why does Smokey make the weird animal-sounding noises (not the ticka-ticka ones) when he approaches angrily. If he snuck up quietly his kills would be much easier!

Did I just give killing tips to a smoke monster? I have issues.

And I posted in the True Blood thread, but during the True Blood promo that will be in the LOST finale, there will be some weird code thingie that you can go through a lot of high tech steps to use to get a special peek at season 3 of True Blood (which starts June 13). All I know so far about the clip is that Alexander SkarsgÄrd's impressive abs are involved. And an FYI for those who don't know, Carrie Preston, Michael Emerson's wife, is in True Blood and played his mother on LOST.

It's so sad to think that LOST is ending. So many actors we had never heard of before became superstars, and sadly many will not have this success again. Just think, most of us had never heard of Henry Ian Cusick. Evangeline Lilly hadn't done anything before. Daniel Dae Kim's cheekbones (which I covet because of his hotness and their absolute amazingness) weren't as desired.

The show had its ups and downs, but man, if it hasn't been as entertaining as it has been insanely insane and frustrating.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

My better half is so sassy, whilst I was out buying groceries for tonight's viewing soiree, he's been printing homemade "DHARMA" labels for almost everything in the apartment! :lol:

My bathroom, kitchen, and liquor cabinet look like Desmond's hatch! :rofl:

And here I thought I was the witty one, having "Hawaiian" pizzas on the menu with mai-tais served in retro tiki-like goblets. :D Sushi too! (We couldn't find boar cutlets......)

19. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I think no matter what happens I'm going to take at least a year off and not watch anything related to LOST once the finale airs. Not my DVDs, not the syndicated airings, nothing. I want to take a break and then watch the entire series from start to finish. I think a little time and distance before revisiting the show as a whole will make it an interesting experience.

20. genevieve

Are you talking about wisps that accompany the whispers? I know the whispers were explained as people who died on the island trying to communicate with the living...but I can't remember if wisps of smoke appear with them.

ETA: I looked on LOSTpedia and Smokey does in fact sometimes appear as wisps, so it's him, not the dead whisperers.

That's so cool! :cheer2: to other half! :respec:

I am going to that LOST party at a local movie house, so I'll be celebrating with a couple hundred people I don't know.

21. BigB08822

I am going to a friends tonight. She is making a bunch of dips and I am picking up pizza. I hope everyone enjoys the finale!!

22. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

The group gasping! The screams of shock en masse!

I betcha people show up in costume, a la "Rocky Horror". :) Anyone got a spare DHARMA jumpsuit? ;)

23. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

You guys should enjoy this video tribute, "I'll Never Be Lost Again", based on one of the musical themes from the show.

Enjoy tonight! I'm hoping to see some kind of reconciliation of the two timelines rather than one or the other being the "real" one, and of course Sawyer and Juliet will have that coffee.

24. genevieve

omfg, that was great :rofl:

"we gotta become a better person, so we can get blowned up, or drowned, or shot like the rest of them" :p

Also a v. nice touch repeating Jack's "We gotta go BACK!" in the refrain :lol:

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That will make me sad. I know Matthew Fox and Josh Halloway will not be doing tv anytime soon. Daniel will be doing Hawaii 5-O (I don't know if that's a good thing or not). Can Jorge sing? Maybe he can be the new janitor on Glee.

26. BigB08822

Has anyone been a bit weary about checking Facebook and news sites today? LOL! I am so afraid of being spoiled at the last minute by some loser like those people who ruined the end of Harry Potter for all the fans in line to get the book. Hopefully no one really knows the end to be able to spoil!

27. genevieve

Very few of my friends (FB or otherwise) watch LOST, but I'm staying away from the internet in general once the finale starts on the east coast.

28. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

I am impatiently waiting for the finale but not wanting it to end at the same time. I have loved this show since watching Jack's eye open in the pilot. I have loved very main character at one time or another (expect for Shannon and Ilana) and I will miss sweet Hurley, Des and of course Jack&Locke the most. I will miss my Kwon's and I will miss Sawyer's nick names and sarcasm.

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'll be off line most of tonight. Friends know to not call. Not a fan of having a 'Lost' party with friends since I'd rather watch the show with my son than deal with "AAAAGGGHHH" or other lucid comments. :lol:

30. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

I'm going to be completely a lone!! That's why I have to start a half hour late when my son goes to bed. Thank god for dvr!! My DBF knows to leave me a lone tonight!! My phone will be off and I won't go online until after the show ends. I should be caught up to regular time by then so in discuss mode unless I'm devastated which I've only ever been after the Angel Finale (though I loved the episode).