Looking for ideas for food for my Oscars Party

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Icetalavista, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Icetalavista

Icetalavista New Member

This year the nominees provide lots of great ideas.

I'm thinking of three:
    -a Southern theme (yum; will have to perfect chicken frying skills) to go with The Help. Of course I could have CHOCOLATE PIE.
    -a French theme to go with Midnight in Paris, Hugo, and the lead in The Artist
    -a fun baseball theme (mini hotdogs, beer, popcorn) to go with Moneyball.

But I'm looking for suggestions...

I suppose I could have a few sandwiches, and coffee, for "Dragon Tattoo," because that's all they ever eat, three meals a day. I'll skip the fastfood pizza Lisbeth is so fond of.

2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

That was my first thought. And as your guests go to serve themselves a slice you can stand there grinning ... and guarantee you'd have lots of leftovers! :D

You could also have haystacks and oat cakes (War Horse), and something with fishies (Puss in Boots).

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

For The Descendents, the possibilities for party food are great - pupus, sweet and sour meatballs (with pineapple), pina coladas, etc.

For the French theme, good mini quiches are often available frozen for an easy option. There are also a lot of good sparkling wines to make cocktails with nowadays - even French ones, but at a fraction of the cost of Champagne.

The Help is the best one though - southerners are expert at party foods!

4. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

5. Icetalavista

Icetalavista New Member

Great ideas and suggestions! Thanks!