Long-lost wedding ring found on carrot

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orientalplane, Mar 5, 2013.

1. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

This story made me smile, especially at the thought of the ring going right through one of her sheep....... :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16374283

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Adorable! Thanks for posting. :respec:

3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Nice story!

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

So the diamonds on that ring were only 1 carrot?

taf2002, Wiery, KatieC and 5 others like this.
  5. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks for sharing. That is amazing! That's one of those things that will probably never happen again in a million years. :lol:

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

No diamonds, it was 24 carrot gold.

Wiery and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

:D

This made me actually laugh out loud.

8. Vash01

The story did mention some diamonds.

"....The white-gold band, set with seven small diamonds, went missing in her kitchen in 1995, she told the paper."

9. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Or maybe the carrot was only one ring?

Cute story - made me smile.

10. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Today, I found an engagement ring wedged into the corner of a shopping cart at PetSmart. I turned it in to the manager. I hope the person who lost it thought to call there.

11. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

What a delightful sotry! It's really incredible.

12. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Best thread title in a very long time.

13. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

My mom has lost wedding rings at least twice, including one in a manner very similar to this one. I sent her the article and told her not to lose hope of finding them ;)

14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine lost her engagement diamond (just the stone, not the ring), they looked for it for about a year, and then it was replaced. About 6 years later, they were taking sweaters out of an attic box to donate to goodwill and the diamond tumbled to the floor while refolding them. They ended up having it set into her husband's college ring, since she had a much bigger replacement at that time. Everyone was shocked to have found it.

My Mom lost her wedding band at a church picnic, we had 20 people searching for hours. It was found in a flower bed three years later.

15. Vash01

Incredible! From now on, I am going to be an optimist and never give up when it comes to 'lost' items.

I have my own story. Years ago, at work, I was washing my hands in the rest room and my gold ring studded with multiple precious stones (diamond, ruby, saphhire, emerald, coral, etc.) slipped off my finger and fell into the pipe (there was nothing to block that opening). I panicked, but hurriedly I wrote on a napkin "Do not Use" and placed it in the sink. I also told the other person in the rest room to not use that sink. Then I went outside and called the maintenance people to see if they could get the ring out, and they did. I was lucky that nobody used that sink, or I would have lost the ring forever. I don't believe I would have found it years later.:lol:

16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I have gotten my engagement ring out of the drain more than one, but at home - easier to control the use.

17. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

I found a diamond earring in the dryer in my old apartment building's laundry room. The laundry room was shared by five apartments so I went to the one that seemed the most likely one for the earring's owner to be in. She was very happy to get the earring back. She told me she'd been out at a bar and, on the way home, put her earrings in her pants pocket and forgot they were in there when she did her laundry. She found one when she took her out her laundry but thought the other was lost for good. We think it might have gone under the agitator in the washing machine and then came out and got mixed up in my laundry. She said she had searched the washer and dryer thoroughly before giving up.