Logging into hotmail from abroad

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Vash01, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Has anyone experienced difficulty logging into hotmail while traveling? I live in the USA and am trying to access it from outside. It's not letting me log in. Anyone had this problem? I don't have another email address. I don't want to go through the process to report to MS because I cannot access my work email from here. I am kind of stuck right now. Any ideas will be appreciated.

2. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I had some difficulty when not using a VPN abroad. But a VPN is kind of expensive for just a trip.

You could also open a new e-mail account and forward all your Hotmail messages there, but that can be something of a hassle.

3. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Try going through outlook.com instead.

4. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

I'm having the same issues myself. It worked fine when I was in the UK last week, but this week-no go. It wants to confirm my identity with a text or phone call, but I have no phone in the US. So no email. Not sure how to fix it, either.

5. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

People still use hotmail? :shuffle:

6. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

No information to help, but I hope you are otherwise enjoying your trip, Vash.

7. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Somehow my eyes read this thread's caption as "Logging into Hotmail from Beyond" and thought we were dealing with spirits or something! Glad to see it's not that! Need to get my eyes checked....

Have a safe trip Vash!

8. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problems using Hotmail from South Africa and Kenya last June, but I don't remember if Outlook took over Hotmail at that time.