Liz Phair Whitechocolatespaceegg cd

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, Jun 10, 2011.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Does anyone have/remember/still listen to this cd? It is just so :swoon: I can't even explain....just downloaded it this AM after not having it for 8 years or so. WOW, so good. :cheer:

What's she up to these days? Haven't heard anything in forever.

2. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Oh, man, memories! I loved that CD!

I was also listening to Paula Cole last night and remembering how much I loved her "This Fire" album.

3. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Thanks for the reminders of these two great artists :) I'm off to listen now.

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I'm not a fan of her later cds but Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville is and will always be one of my "Island Must Have" top 10 albums.

5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

She recently had an album on her own label - the guy who signed her to her last big name label got fired and a lot of the artists he signed got dropped :( So she is going it alone. The record sounds..challenging. Apparently she's into Bollywood and spoken word, and a lot of the tracks on the record are :confused:

She played a couple of live shows last year when the record came out.

And she does incidental music for the (second-generation) 90210 TV series. No, really. I just about fell off my couch when I saw her name in the credits.

6. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd lost my copy of that CD and found an anniversary edition in a store just recently! It was lovely listening to it again. I also love Whip Smart, but didn't lose it so it's not so fresh right now.

7. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I love Liz Phair and remember listening to her a lot in the 90s. She and Poe were two of my favorite girl-power rockers.