Literature about figure skating in France?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Moka-Ananas, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

This semester I have to do a little oral exam in French and we are free to choose whatever we want as long as the topic has something to do with "the representation of the Other in the francophone environment" (in French: "La représentation de l’autre dans l’espace francophone") so I decided to do some research on the French perception of Marina Anissina and whether they consider her to be "their" champion.
    The only problem is that I need special literature or other reliable sources and can't find anything in our library.

Does anybody know where to get stuff like that? I really don't need much, just a few sources to justify my arguments.

Thanks in advance!

2. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Maybe you can use articles in the French press (L'Equipe notably) on Marina Anissina. They way they wrote about Marina etc. You probably could contact L'Equipe and get some of their feature articles on Marina and Gwendal from the time they were competing.

3. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that :)

4. marysy

marysy Active Member

Perhaps Patinage magazine as well?

There are also lots of other non-French skaters teamed up with French skaters in pairs and ice dancing, though have achieved less success. I was watching some of the interviews of the teams on the FFSG Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/sportsdeglace/videos) that all three had one skater who was not French - Vanessa James, Daria Popova, Lloyd Jones.

Moka-Ananas and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Libertango

Libertango New Member

Marina actually wrote a book that's available in french. I haven't read it but I believe it's about her life and mentionned feeling lonely at the beginning when she could not speak french.

A few links online when you might be able to find a few facts :
    Biography on Cygnuskate
    Article from La Depeche about A/P's win in 2000
    Article on Regard Est about eastern european in France (they mention Marina)
    Libération
    And a video from 1993 that doesn't have much relevance with your theme but made me feel so old!

Moka-Ananas and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Wow, thank you so much! :)
    I don't think I can get the book in time, it's supposed to be just a little presentation with a little conversation with the examiners, nothing special. I think if I make use of articles and a book about integration through sports in France we have in our library it will be enough :)

7. Libertango

Libertango New Member

No problem! I am in college and I always find a way to mention S/S during my German oral exams :lol:

8. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

9. care bear

care bear Active Member

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012