Let's support Alissa Czisny

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Mar 29, 2012.

1. martyross

martyross Active Member

It was a real pity, because when she feels secure she's an inspired and inspiring artist. But in this sport, as in any other one, you have to be a competitor deep down in the soul. Maybe she's born to be an artist, which is fantastic and maybe even more valuable than being a competitor, but that's my personal view on things. Although I wasn't expecting to see her fall because in practices she looked strong, as i read.I want to start a thread like this because i believe that everyone should be credited and appreciated for the good things they do, and Alissa does and did awesome things on the ice.
    I add that in these boards people are often harsh and stalkerish toward the female skaters, maybe because being harsh on women is easier, it comes more natural. this people certainly forget that athletes are talented people who work hard almost everyday, primarly for themselves. they don't own the fans a thing and we are obviously not entitled to judge them.
    So instead of "What's the deal with Alissa?" i wanted to start a new thread with a different title and hopefully the fans who admire her can express here their support for this unique skater and artist. Thanks.

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

May your life after skating be sucessful...

Louis and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think Alissa should be proud of her skating legacy- she is known for having some of the best, if not the best, spins in the world. Being the best at something is no small feat.

She'll be remembered for that, and she'll remember her competitive triumphs, even if they weren't as frequent as we'd like.

I hope she can skate lights out tomorrow, and show a bit of fire.

4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I support and love Alissa!!!! :swoon:

Hope to see her finish up with a great LP and come back strong next year!!!

5. martyross

martyross Active Member

i hope so too because being an olympian is her dream. i hope she doesn't give up.

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I hope she manages to shut out the outside world for the long program and put together a performance she can be proud of. Regardless of what the future holds, it would be nice to end her season on a high note.

7. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I love Alissa. I hope she forgets everything and just skates lights out and ends her season on a high note. You can do it, Alissa. I believe in you.

8. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

This...Go Alissa!

9. query5

query5 New Member

i support her too, however she does have a tendency to screw in short/long after screw up.

she can't put it behind her -which is sad, because she really is too good of a skater to do this.

10. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

This is so sad because Alissa thought she was a "new skater" but it looks like she's the same old skater and last season was a fluke! Tragic.

11. martyross

martyross Active Member

exactly it must be excruciating because she had started to hope again,being sure of herself.poor thing.

12. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Alissa had an injury that hampered her skating this season. This can happen to anybody. She should take a little vacation this spring, and decide if she wants to keep competing. There aren't that many pro opportunities these days, so it might not be as tempting to turn pro at this point. She could also take a year off (like Miki Ando is doing this year) and give it another shot for the Olympics for the 2013-2014 season.

It's not as if she's never had a comeback before. If she tries and fails to go to Sochi, at least she won't wonder for the rest of her life if she could have made it. I still think she can. It might be a long shot for her to medal at the Olympics, but it would likely be worth it to her just to be there.

I think she still can regroup and have another skate like the 2010 GPF.

P.S. Alissa - for now, just go skate a great long! Good luck, and don't forget to cheer on Adam and Jeremy this weekend!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  13. puglover

puglover Active Member

My heart really goes out to Alissa. Now she is skating for pride and I so hope she has a good long program. She is beautiful on the ice.

14. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Alissa will be a great exhibition skater.

I am sure she will bounce back in the LP, just like she did at worlds in 2009.

15. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for starting this thread, martyross.

My heart goes out to Alissa, but I, too, have faith she can bounce back and skate a beautiful long program.

She is an exquisite skater with that rare quality that you just can't teach. She is just a natural performer and has a wonderful connection with the audience. More than anything, I hope she skates for herself in the long. She has invested countless hours in this, worked extremely hard, and put her body through so much. And she is such a lovely person. I want her to have a performance she can enjoy and be happy with. I hope the crowd gets behind her, (and they seem to be a great crowd, so I imagine they will). Go Alissa :cheer:

16. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Alissa's skating and her grace and graciousness, and not the least her smile, inspire me to write poetry. Thank you, Alissa!

17. os168

os168 Active Member

Kudos for starting this thread. I happen to think she is a lovely skater who is capable of bringing sheer exquisiteness (oh her spins) to the ice beyond competitions and scores. In a way, figure skating should not just be about competitions and rankings, since its rules and scale or values are interchangeable year by year anyway.

She brought class and graciousness to her skating that belong to an old fashioned kind of femininity and vulnerability that might not be appealing to the sporting fans who's out for blood and only want to see the bottom line, win or not. As far as I can see she has always been gracious and humble in her demeanor, so I don't get all the hate except fine, she is not the best in the world, and US did not get the spots they are used during Michelle's reign. Rather spoilt I'd say.

I personally think it should be the other way round, if US deserved to win these spot in the first place, they would have got them despite her. It is quite unfair to pitch her as the fall gal, considering she is by ranking results, the best US has got these past few years.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  18. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Cheers to Alissa. You have provided me with many hours of skating joy and I know you can continue to do it. Good luck tomorrow.

19. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

Best of luck to Alissa Czisny tomorrow, with thanks for some great performances down the years.

20. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

I love her beautiful skating and her personality.

I hope she skates completely for herself and for the love of, and joy in, skating in the LP.

I wish her success and happiness in whatever she wants to do with the rest of her life, on and off the ice.

21. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Even with the falls, her sp had lovely spins, and the last 10 seconds or so was lovely. I wish her well for the LP.

22. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

Now that's positive thinking!

23. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

GO ALISSA!!! She's one of the loveliest skaters and I love watching her. I wish she had stronger competitive nerves, but oh well. She should be proud of all she has accomplished.

(I worry that there's something terrible going on in her personal life like her sister having cancer a while back. I earnestly hope this is not the case.)

24. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Alissa, go out on Saturday and skate for YOU, nothing else, skate with heart and for yourself. I believe in YOU!

25. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

No Alissa, it's I who believes in you!

26. skatemom2002ca

skatemom2002ca Member

Go for it, Alissa. You are a wonderful young woman, and I feel privileged to have spent time with you. I hope the LP is everything you dreamed of.

27. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

^ :encore:

28. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

100% agree. All the best Alissa.

29. sadya

sadya Active Member

Many skaters who did well in competitions were nevertheless almost forgotten years later. If remembered when counting past champions, they were just remembered for the medal(s) they had won and nothing more. Most of us however remember the skaters who skated with their hearts and showed lovely artistry for the rest of our lives because they really touched our hearts and their lovely skating can be viewed many times without ever becoming boring. Alissa Czisny is that kind of skater for me, no matter what her results at Worlds are.

I feel sad about her Worlds result and honestly expected her to do well in Nice. But none of us know what was going on inside her head and how she really felt. Let's just hope she will be allright and compete again next year. Kostner had the chance to make up for Torino even though for many people it didn't matter and just watching her beautiful skating is enough. I hope Czisny will have a chance to make up for the results in Nice just for the sake of her having a positive end to her competitive career and feeling better about herself, even though many people will still love to watch her perform whatever her world standings are.

30. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

She may be in pain actually, I feel bad for her. Her skating is beautiful, no doubt about that.