Let's move to next season: Will we see the first ISU rectified 4F and 4Lo and 4T+4T?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by da96103, Apr 27, 2011.

1. da96103

da96103 New Member

It seemed that the Men's Figure Skating Season is almost over. Let's have some interesting topic over this board: Will we see the first ISU-rectified Quadruple Flip, Quadruple Loop and Quad + Quad combo in the next season?
  2. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Loop: Gachinsky
    Flip: Chan

Quad+Quad: Don't know - maybe Gachinsky.

Lutz: Gachinsky (Weiss' was never ratified, was it?)
  3. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Gachinsky :scream:

Doesn't Kevin Reynolds already try the 4Loop ? :confused:
  4. millipied

millipied New Member

I acutally like this much much improved Gachinsky. Someone even did a nice makeover with hair, makeup and all that jazz. I think it is impressive Worlds debut and certainly someone to watch out this Olympic cycle.
  5. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Yes. It's actually a listed jump for him, but he's never landed it in competition.
  6. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Maybe Daisuke will do the quad flip. I didn't know Gachinski intended on trying a 4Loop or 4T-4T (has he already tried the loop?). If VDP comes back, we might see a 4T-4T from him, but I still think it's doubtful.
  7. da96103

da96103 New Member

I have this tiny hope that with nothing to lose, Daisuke might attempt 4F tomorrow successfully and get it ISU-rectified.
  8. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

If he does, I will leave FSU and never come back again lol.
  9. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Not to be a dick, but the word is ratified, not rectified.

Rectify means to make right or to fix.

Ratify means to confirm or corroborate.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

No, we won't.

Although maybe Reynolds will land that loop.
  11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Maybe the ISU will get around to rectifying the badly done jumps too :p
  12. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

Thankyou...I was going to make the same point...although seeing the ISU try to "rectify" some of the jumps would have been hilarious! :lol:

Quad Loop - Gachinsky/Plushenko

Quad Toe/Quad Toe - actually I'd like to see Menshov do this first, that would be awesome

Quad Flip - Daisuke

Quad Lutz - Plushenko

Triple Axel/Quad Toe - Plushenko

Just added in a couple that are definitely being practiced and you left off your list ;)
  13. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Has someone had a quad lutz ratified yet?

Rippon says he is training one, and I imagine he'll be able to do it the way his lutzes go.
  14. misskarne

No. Plushenko tried one originally at the CoR 2001, and only JUST missed landing it - two footed, nearly recovered but ended up splatting. Shame, if you type in "plushenko quad lutz" on Youtube you can find it, it was actually a very close attempt (and shock horror, the American commentators liked him then...) He never tried it again after that, mostly because he was in his Olympic season battling Yagudin and didn't want to risk hurting himself, and then after that season I guess he figured he didn't need it anymore because Yagudin had retired.

He's bringing it back though, and has been working on it and the 4Lo and 4S in training. I have a feeling he'd like to have it as his second quad in the SP if he could get it consistent.:swoon:
  15. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Quad Loop - Yuna Kim

Quad Toe/Quad Toe - Fumie

Quad Flip - Caroline Zhang

Quad Lutz - Mao Asada

Triple Axel/Quad Toe -Rachelle Flatt
    BigB08822 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. briancoogaert

LOL, Miki Ando's 4Sal should have been rectified before being ratified. :saint:
  17. Sayana_mnk

Sayana_mnk Member

Although he is obscure and only finished in tenth place at Russian nationals, let's not forget Vladislav Sezganov, who is practicing the quad lutz and can be seen doing an amazing one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIv1_eYk9Cg. Of course, I realize he won't be competing internationally at ISU championships, but maybe taking the third spot at Cup of Russia some year is in his future and he can attempt his quad there.
  18. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Flip: Chan, Brezina

Lutz: Rippon!

Loop: Reynolds, Gatchinski

4t+4t: KVDP (if he doesn't retire), Oda
  19. millipied

millipied New Member

S/S may try 4Fth
  20. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Weiss never landed a clean 4L in competition.

I think a clean 4t-4t is too much, so I don't think we'll see one any time soon; although Plushy has attempted 3A-4t in practice.
  21. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

If Midori and Plushenko had kids.. the kids might be able to a quad axel.
  22. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I thought of this guy! Couldn't think of the name right away so dropped it. But it could be someone like him to do it.

Now I just think of what I read about them saying why they are probably not going to try it. Something like it is not like doing a triple with one extra revolution - it is a compeletely different thing and that is tough even trying.

Gachinksi 4 loop looked so good.

Would like to see Rippon try a 4lz. He can do a 3lz with both arms over his head so there is something about a lz that he can do it in a much harder fashion than everyone else already!
  23. Proustable

Proustable New Member

The throw quad isn't worth a hell of a lot: A throw 4F is work 9.0 points. A throw 3F is worth 5.5. And the difference between a quad-twist and triple-twist is even narrower: 2.2 to 2.7 difference (assuming matching levels).

Also, rewatching their LP, Aliona seems to rotate quite slowly (relatively speaking), which would make a quad throw even less likely.

Would be awesome, though.
  24. misskarne

Plushy is landing 3A-4T in practice apparently but is undecided whether he will try in competition. He has admitted trying 4T-4T but that it would basically have to be a 20-second program for him to try it in competition because he's phyiscally unable to do anything else after it. I don't know whether that has anything to do with where he tried it in his practice session, but it doesn't sound good.
  25. briancoogaert

:confused:
    The attempt I watched was under-rotated, and I don't think he has ever rotated one. His attempt was impressive and I admire him for trying it, but there is no doubt it's not good enough to try it in competition.
    And will he compete again at such a level ?
  26. misskarne

The only vision of this we have is from around about May last year, I think. If he continued to work on it, I have no doubt he would be rotating it properly by now. We shall have to see.

:wall: HOW many times is this going to have to be said? PLUSHENKO IS NOT BANNED FOR LIFE. Cinquantta (sp?) himself said they're aiming to reinstate him in June. He WILL be back.

:plush:
  27. briancoogaert

The funniest post I've read since the last crs post ! :rofl:
  28. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Did he two foot that? Nevertheless, it's amazing
  29. Macassar88

Maybe a kulik ito child
  30. Macassar88

Points wise, I think it would be better for them to stick to the triple flip and maybe try and do side by side triple salchows instead of double axels. They get 2s and 3s consistenly on their triple flip, and I don't think it's worth the risk to go for the quad. Also, I think that one of the amazing things about the triple flip that they do is her delay and slow rotation in the air, and I don't want to lose that.
  31. senorita

senorita New Member

whats the use of doing a 3a-4t except for the wow factor?Kill himslef? when ever I see such stuff from Plu I want to punch his head to be back in place.
  32. misskarne

WTF? Going on this logic, no-one should ever try any new jump or combination, because what is the point except for the wow factor? :rolleyes:

Inventing things, trying new things, is just the way Plushy rumbles. Especially if he's facing a legitimate challenge. I think he enjoys pushing the limits of what is physically possible.

IIRC, the 3A-4T combo would be worth quite a bit because of the second jump having more rotations than the first, although please correct me if I'm wrong. It adds to his difficulty, his TES, and why shouldn't he try to push it higher?

It seems at the moment, however, that he's more likely to be chasing his 4Lo and 4Lz for this season. Apparently he's landing 4S and 4Lo consistently in practice and is fine-tuning his 4Lz. He had it once; it's not so hard to imagine he could have it still or have it again.
  33. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

He can already do a 4lz.
  34. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Ah but you know won't really count until Rippon lands a 4Lz in competition, preferably an international one. :)
  35. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Yes, and I will be rooting for him to do it!
  36. Skittl1321

Doesn't count at all until it's landed in competition! Lots of skaters have practice quads.

I hadn't heard that he "had" one yet- just that he was working on it, and landed it a few times.
  37. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I don't think we will ever see a 4toe/4toe to be honest.

I mean, given Plushenko's best 3axel/4toes that are recorded are 1/2 rotation short...

I hope that Savchenko/Szolkowy will land a throw 4flip.
  38. briancoogaert

It's not the same to try it after knee injury at 28 when you don't need it to win, and try it at 16, when healthy and newbie at senior level.
  39. senorita

senorita New Member

^ this.

Plus how it adds to his Tes this combo, it is one 3axel + one 4toe no matter where you put it, the sum is the same. This makes sense to add it if he has different kinds of quads in his program and wants to free a pass, anyway i find the combo insane, how from the exit of 3axel to generate the 4t without injuring yourself or falling in your face flat.
    Yes Evgeni can want to push the jump department forward but for a benefit in his marks, it makes as much sense as like having the 4-3 in Lp whereas he could have avoided it and could add the 3t in a 3 combo jump, get the same marks and have more air to breath in his Lp.
    Or rules have changed and combos are marked different and I dont know it?

Plushenko has said 4t-4t is impossible, not only the combo itself (i m sure he has tried all kind of sick combos in practice) but to add it in a program, he said you need 20 - 30 seconds to come back to normal breathing and proceed your skate. But the way I see Chan throwing the quads lately, maybe we ll see it ;)
  40. Skittl1321

He could do an Amodio style dance break to give himself time to get his breathe back.