Les Mis Fans ~ Keep An Eye Out During PBS Pledge Break Times

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Mar 8, 2011.

1. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Hathaway has a nice voice based on her impressive live singing at the Oscar with Jackman. Don't forget also that these stars will not be singing live; They will have the benefits of having professional sound mixers, editors, producters, etc., making their voices sound 10 times better for the film.

Crowe is the wildcard. Maybe he'll talk his way through the song. He can't be any worse than Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia :lol:.

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Some of those supporting choices are very interesting.
    Jackman doesn't surprise me at all. He's bankable.

I'm sure that he will do well with the role because of his ability to both sing and act..
    There are not very many performers who can do both, as well as he does.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

she is so plucky, she just might unionize those factory girls

4. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

I love Russell Crowe but also wonder about the singing. Never saw him as a bad guy, either--onscreen anyway--and have a hard time picturing him in that role. I know I am in the minority, but I do not like Anne Hathaway. I would rather see Miss Jane Hathaway in the role. :)

5. soxxy

soxxy Guest

<giggle>

6. floskate

floskate Vacant

Thank God!!! :drama: According to IMDB Carter is cast (??) while Rush is still a rumour. Oooh may pop over to Sheffield to see Annis in Company.

7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

If it's true about Rush and Bonham Carter, then a significant portion of the King's Speech team, including the director, will be together again. They should try to find a cameo role for Colin Firth! One of the thieves in Thenardier's gang, maybe? That would be epic. :D

8. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

Does anyone else automatically search for the "Like" button after reading posts you agree with?

9. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

:lol:

10. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Russel Crowe?!?! Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Hugh Jackman, fine, man can SING. Hathaway, also a good singer.

Now, Geoffry Rush would probably be all kinds of awesome as Thenardier. I don't care if he can sing or not.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i'd rather watch russell play all of the parts than see anne hathaway in just one of them

i take that back, there could be some annoying overbearing girl in the back

12. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

I wish they made this movie a long time ago so that the original london cast could just be in the damn movie LOL!!! Anyone other than Michael Ball as marius and Colm Wilkinson as Valjean is just not right :(

I am also a HUGE fan of Frances Ruffelle as Eponine. She actually still looks 25someohow, maybe she could do it LOL.

13. Wyliefan

I would have loved that. :( But since it can't be, I'm SO thankful they picked a Valjean who could actually sing. It won't be like that vomitous travesty of a Phantom movie, where they picked an actor with a barely adequate singing voice for his hotness -- to play a character who was supposed to be ugly and have the voice of an angel. :rolleyes:

14. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

I'm distraught that rumours I read recently said that the producers of the Toronto revival of the musical may be going after Justin Bieber for Marius. I don't think I'll feel safe about the film until we hear who's set for Marius and Cosette. They're such unlikeable characters in the musical (I'm on team Eponine!!) that I really hope the film goes with actors with substance rather than teeny-bopper singers.

It could be worse. Anne Hathaway (who I don't mind THAT much) could be Eponine.

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

This!

16. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Crowe had a band before he became a famous actor. As a matter of fact, I think he still sings with them when he has time off.
    How good he sings, I don't know, I think the band was grunge or something like that.
    I'm not happy with him playing this part, but, they don't care what I think.:D
    Hey Justin playing Marius could be worse, they might have Selena Gomez play Cozette. Or Eponine. Kill me now.:eek:
    But Helena as Mrs. T. is fantastic.

17. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I love Hugh Jackman and his voice - esp in Oklahoma / Boy From Oz. But I think he is all wrong for this role - vocally and physically. :( Why not cast him in one of the other roles to sell tickets and then let Alfie Boe be Valjean :swoon:

18. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

Noooooo! Don't give the casting agents any ideas! I'm now trying to decide which role they'd give her opposite Bieber. :yikes:

19. Wyliefan

Depends on who plays them. I've liked all the Mariuses I've seen, and some of the Cosettes. (The last Cosette I saw was too fluttery, though.)

20. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

maybe Lady Gaga could be Eponine LOL

21. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Bieber as Marius?

Someone just kill me now too. In fact, if that actually happened, we could hear of mass suicide happening in Canada. :D ;)

Happy they got Hugh for Valjean. At least we've got a lead who is a big name and who can actually honest to God sing!!

22. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Bite your tongue:eek:
    I don't want to even think about that!:eek:

23. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, Lady Gaga may not be bad as the female Master of the House.

24. soxxy

soxxy Guest

25. AragornElessar

^^^Thanks for the news!!

Now I just hope I get a chance to get to Toronto to actually see it this time around. Never did make it down for the Original Toronto run, nor for the last time it was in Toronto sadly.

Fingers crossed third time will be the charm!!

26. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

\

The article says he was cast in the film -not the Canadian touring production.

That he is an award winning theatre actor and was in youth musical theatre is promising. But can he sing well enough for Marius?

27. AragornElessar

Damn!! First you get up my hopes and then you dash them again!!!

That article never did come up for me, so was assuming it was for the Cdn production.

28. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

:lol:

29. AragornElessar

Hugh is on Anderson Cooper's show today. I'm watching it right now on Atlantic CTV and he's a hoot and a half. In fact, Anderson's allowing him to take over the show for a bit, as Hugh's always wanted to host a Talk Show.

One important thing though...Hugh and a friend have gotten together to do something much like the Newman's Own products and he now has his own coffee out that's grown from areas like Ethiopia and Indonesia that could really use the help. All of the proceeds go to helping out the causes that Hugh has decided they're going to, so if you find his coffee out there...:D

Anyway, just letting my fellow Hugh fans out there know. It really is hysterical.

30. soxxy

soxxy Guest