Lepistö´s career unclear

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Finnice, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Ok, finally some official information about Laura Lepistö, and not good.:(
    Her manager Erkki Alaja says that it isvery very unclear when she can compete again, because the nerves on her leg have not healed.

It is still when she can compete, not if she can compete, but still:(:wuzrobbed:(

She already has all colours of European medals plus a World bronze:respec:, but it feels that she could have achieved so much more. She is still only 23.

Let´s hope for the best. It does not look good now.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Laura! :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed This is not good!

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:wall::yawn::wuzrobbed

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What a shame!
    Wishing Laura a full recovery.

If she wishes to compete again, I hope she is able to do so.

5. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

:( It´s a pity her leg is not still healed, I hope she can fully recover.

She has really achieved a lot, but, as Finnice has said, she´s still very young, so I hope she can delight us with her beautiful skating again.

6. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

What a complete shame. She is a lovely skater, and it will be heartbreaking if she does not achieve all she can in the sport. She was only just starting to come into her own.

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Lovely Laura :wuzrobbed

8. jlai

jlai Title-less

Well, she got several Euro medals plus a world bronze. It'll be v tough to get on the world podium again, and she's 23. So even if she doesn't compete anymore, she still has a great career. (Of course I'd love to see her continue skating!)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  9. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

Aww. :( I hope she can eventually heal and compete again. I love her skating! She's too good not to have another go.

10. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I really hope that we can see her again, but no matter how things go she really was a trailblazer for Finnish skating, 6th at the olympics, world bronze medal, European title plus a silver and bronze, not too shabby :cool:. Im excited about the incoming generation, but im sad about what's happening, with Miki, Yuna, and now Laura's possible absence at upcoming worlds, im not ready for them to leave :-(

11. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Saddening, but we have to be realistic here. She would probably never be able to step on a world podium again.

12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

:wuzrobbed

13. Indra486

Indra486 Well-Known Member

:( This is sad. I loved her style and her smooth skating. Each year, since her senior debut, she seemed to get better and better.

I hope she does make a full recovery, not so much for her career, but for a healthy life beyond skating.

14. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I really hope she doesn't have to retire.

15. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Such a shame that she may have to end her career like that. I would have love to see what she could achieve.

16. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

17. maija

maija Well-Known Member

I really hope it, too!

Laura loves skating and wants to skate!

18. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

This is a thread I really didn't want to see. :(

I wish Laura all the best. Her health is more important than her career and even though I hope with all my heart that we will see her again competitively she should be proud at what she achieved so far and listen to her body.

Sigh, poor Finland. After already losing Jenni now the danger of losing Laura...

19. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:respec:

20. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

She's a lovely lady and very accomplished skater. I always liked her skating and I hope we get to see her back in competition.

She's young, and I've seen some cases where peripheral/limb pain or uneasiness was linked to a problem in other unexpected area, and cured by relatively simple therapy or surgery. If her problem is persistent, I wish she's open to different opinions, including those from oriental medicine.

21. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Noooo. Health comes first, but I really hope she can skate competitively again.

All the best, Laura!

22. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

Oh, that really sucks. :( I really hope she can recover, although health obviously comes first I'd hate for her to end her career that way. :(

23. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

:wuzrobbed

Is she likely to coach or choreograph if she cannot continue competing? She has such lovely skating skills, perhaps she help pass them on to a younger generation of Finnish skaters?

24. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

nerves on her leg have not healed??? Exactly what is her injury?

25. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

That is the reason given.

26. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of Laura, but I hate it when a skater or any athlete is forced to retire due to injury. I hope she recovers and can compete again.