Legendary 2-part Kate Hepburn interview with Dick Cavett on TCM early morning April 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by VALuvsMKwan, Apr 2, 2013.

1. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

This didn't quite fit in the Movies thread. Will be shown after "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" TCM = Turner Classic Movies.

KH came in, rearranged the set furniture and took Dick Cavett along for the ride.

These were shown, according to TCM, in September and October 1973 - her first TV interview related to her first TV production- playing Amanda in Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie" with Sam Waterston, Michael Moriarty and Joanna Miles.

Oh my- this happened at the beginning of my freshman year at William and Mary- 40 years ago nearly? :eek:

2. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Other than Hepburn's performance, I always thought that was probably the definitive version of The Glass Menagerie. Michael Moriarty and Joanna Miles's portrayals are the best interpretations I've seen on film.

3. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I knew there was a reason I love you. ;) It was the beginning of my freshman year at Sarah Lawrence, yes, almost 40 years ago. I remember Kate blowing Dick right away, and he was my "smart girl crush" for several years in there.